Poor Little Trumptards

Started by Tessera, September 27, 2019, 12:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: StarWrecker on June 22, 2020, 02:35:12 AM
I want to go back to being horrified by horrible things rather than it just being normal.

Oh hey.... did everyone see Trump's huge rally in Tulsa, OK over the weekend..? Let me share a photo from that historic event...

ROFLMAO..!!!

Now before I continue, let's all remind ourselves that Oklahoma is, without a doubt, a deep red state. If Trump could pull a huge crowd anywhere, then it would be in Oklahoma.

Well, it turns out that Baby Donald's huge rally featured a crowd of 6200 people... in a venue that holds 20,000. He couldn't even fill the place to 1/3 capacity.  :P

We'll see you in November, Trumptards.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

StarWrecker

Lincoln Project ad on Trump's crowd sizes...

https://youtu.be/NOI3ycbaCaE

They apparently later tweeted this video to Stormy Daniels.

Heheheheh.

Tessera

LOL... yeah, I saw that ad. MSNBC ran it first thing in the morning and then,
the Morning Joe crew spent about 10 minutes talking about what it meant.

The Lincoln Project have been producing absolutely vicious and brutal attack ads
against Trump. They just might be the most nasty attack ads that I've ever seen.

The Democrats need to take their (The Lincoln Project's) example and stop trying to hold
the imaginary high ground. If you want to take Trump down, then go for the throat.  ;)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

QuoteThe Democrats need to take their (The Lincoln Project's) example and stop trying to hold
the imaginary high ground. If you want to take Trump down, then go for the throat.

They should do that but they probability won't because it seems to me most of the DNC is false opposition at this point because they always seem to drop the ball when something comes up.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Will Never

That guy even LOOKS like a trumptard!!

Tessera

On a side note...

I should think that most Americans would embrace the progressive movement, if they took some time to learn about us. "Progressive" simply means to place a strong focus upon social progress, instead of the rather backward and oppressive ways that we've always done things in America. Social justice and equality has to be more important than corporate profits and tax shelters for the super-rich, elitism and bigotry of all kinds. As progressives, that's really all that we're striving for... and I can't imagine why any fair-minded people would be opposed to those values.

To put it into an analogy... if progressives take control of America, then one day we'll have Star Trek. If the current Establishment retains control of America, then one day we'll have Star Wars. Your choice, America.

Will Never

I vote STNG.  BTW: why was Deanna Troi allowed to wear those weird jumpsuits while everyone else had to wear uniforms?  :P

To me, progressivism is the most logical and natural course we should be taking.  How someone be against any of the things it stands for?  Conservatism at least in this country is fueled by little more than hatred and religious fanaticism, as well as those who use religion as means to express and act on their hatred.

Tessera

Quote from: Will Never on June 25, 2020, 07:49:08 AM
...why was Deanna Troi allowed to wear those weird jumpsuits while everyone else had to wear uniforms?  :P

Heh... way ahead of ya. Read this, from back in 2015:  http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=60271.msg103708#msg103708

Blonde Guardian

June 25, 2020, 02:53:04 PM #80 Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:16:20 PM by Blonde Guardian
Quote from: Will Never on June 25, 2020, 07:49:08 AMTo me, progressivism is the most logical and natural course we should be taking.  How someone be against any of the things it stands for?

I think the main reason is that the progressive movement has effectively been hijacked by people who think straight, white males are the root of all evil, that gun control will bring utopian peace, that corporations are good if they air enough anti-racist and pro-gay advertisements, and that "transgender children" are real, among other things. These views are enforced by all universities and mainstream left-leaning news outlets, and any Democratic candidate who does not toe the party line on these issues will immediately receive the mother of all smear campaigns and find themselves underneath a mountain of red tape.

The effect of this is that when a regular, blue collar guy who is not particularly religious hears the words "leftist" or "progressive", his mind translates it to "crazy gays and trannies who want to chop my son's dick off and flood my neighborhood with third-world criminals, AND take my guns away", and Fox News seems like a bastion of common sense in comparison, so going right-wing seems like the only real option available to him.

I'm not sure how the major policy concerns of leftist institutions went from civil rights to taxpayer-funded dickchop surgery and making white males feel bad for existing, but it is extremely upsetting.

Tessera

Quote from: Blonde Guardian on June 25, 2020, 02:53:04 PM
I think the main reason is that the progressive movement has effectively been hijacked...

No, nothing has been hijacked. Although there has certainly been an attempt to do so -- mainly by the mainstream media. Their goal is to scare people away from progressives and progressive candidates.

Blonde Guardian

I hope you're right, but most self-proclaimed leftists today don't even seem to be aware that "left-wing politics" and "identity politics" are not the same thing. A big part of the problem is that the universities are marinated in this crap.

It's difficult to find any old-fashioned leftist discussion on any issues except on obscure websites like this one. Very frustrating situation.

Tessera

Quote from: Blonde Guardian on June 26, 2020, 04:01:39 AM
I hope you're right, but most self-proclaimed leftists today don't even seem to be aware that "left-wing politics" and "identity politics" are not the same thing.

Well again, you're making blanket statements. To assert that "most" leftists think and feel a certain way is very presumptuous on your part.

It's easy to feel cynical in this day and age... but be careful that your cyniicism doesn't wind up crippling your ability to regain your optimism.

StarWrecker

The thing is, these identity issues really don't matter.

Honestly, you can believe whatever you want about any of the social issues. Personally I'm a social libertarian, so people can put their dick and/or vagina in, on, or around who or whatever they want to, presuming consent.

What we can agree on is the classism, racism, and crony capitalism that are turning the western world into an oligopoly.

When "conservatives" make "think of the children" arguments about, say, transgender people, it's just a distraction. Regardless of your position on them (I am in extremely sharp disagreement with the average person on this site; I do think there is legitimacy to their claims), it really doesn't matter. It matters to them, sure, but to the social and political pressures that are fucking over everyone who isn't white and rich, it's totally irrelevant.

I put "conservatives" in quotes here because American conservatives aren't conservatives. I can respect a classical conservative position - preserve what's stable, and take change in incremental, moderated steps. This is not what the American movement conservative stands for.

The laser focus on identity politics reeks of a divide-and-conquer strategy that's actually working.

Blankspace

QuoteThe laser focus on identity politics reeks of a divide-and-conquer strategy that's actually working.

Yep.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Tessera

Let's get rid of Trump, form a new and all-inclusive progressive party and then we can straighten out the Democrats.

As I see it, if we try to fight six different battles at once, we'll never get anywhere.

StarWrecker

I hope it can be done, Tess.

I had real hope for the USA after Obama was elected - that said, McCain was not a terrible candidate, for a conservative.

And I didn't know what Trump was. God forgive me; when I visited New York City in 2013 I took a trip to Trump Tower and didn't totally hate it. I even described Trump as "America's racist old uncle; idiotic but harmless".

This backlash of the far right scares me. The USA is the epicenter of it, but it's happening all over the world. We thought we'd beat those fuckers in 1945 but they're back.

Tessera

We beat them before and we'll beat them again.

Fear is not an option. Fear is the little death.

StarWrecker

Correct. A lot of what I feel isn't fear, it's dismay.

It's seeing smart people who I thought had principles (admittedly principles I disagree with) bend the knee to a cryptofascist and justify it with partisan bullshit.

I suppose I thought that people were better than that. That there'd be some line between being a partisan conservative and being an enabler of Trumpism.

To the credit of Romney, McCain, and Flake, there are a few exceptions. But I was really hoping for more.