Author Topic: Bernie Sanders For President  (Read 26892 times)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
Re: Bernie Sanders For President
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »
What do they do in a event of a tie?

They will award an equal number of Iowa delegates to each candidate. That's what they do in a tie.

Right now, Hillary's numbers in Iowa keep vacillating between 49.8% and 49.9% as more precincts are being tabulated. It really is impossible to declare a "winner" in that race. Which is a good thing, actually.

Keep in mind that the next big contest for delegates will take place in New Hampshire... and New Hampshire is a much more liberal state than Iowa. We can expect Bernie Sanders to DESTROY Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire.

So... if Clinton and Sanders emerge from Iowa with an equal number of delegates, and if Sanders wins with a comfortable majority in New Hampshire, then the only logical conclusion would be that Bernie Sanders should be the Democratic party's nominee.

Things are looking very good for Sanders at this juncture. We didn't expect a big win in Iowa, and in fact, we didn't expect him to as well as he has done there. A Sanders presidency is looking more likely with each passing hour.  :)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

• Enemy of the corporate state.

Male
  • Personal Text
    The longer we wait, the worse it gets.
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
Bernie wins New Hampshire! Of course it was expected, NH being a much more liberal state than Iowa, but still it feels great! ;D

In other news, Republican morons in NH have chosen orange-skinned roadkill-toupee-wearing blowhard Donald Trump as their nominee. I suppose it's too much to ask for the fetid windbag to puff up and blow away... :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »
But I -WANT- Donald Trump to be the GOP nominee.  ;)

A Trump vs. Sanders race is a sure-win for Sanders, given the current economic and political climate in the USA.

Anyway...

Yes, Bernie won BIG in the New Hampshire primary, besting rival Hillary Clinton by a double-digit margin. In other words -- he totally kicked Hillary's ass. And I expect him to continue kicking Hillary's ass for the remainder of the political season. This country is taking a huge swing to the left right now... the biggest swing to the left since the 1970's, in fact. And amongst younger people, Sanders is the hands-down favorite, which is great to see.

Now let's see how he does in the southern states.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »
Turns out I am a Democrat again. :o

After several years of being an independent, having left the Democrats in disgust at how they have followed Republicans into corporate indenture, I received a notice from Arizona for Bernie reminding me that Arizona has a closed primary system...meaning that if I wanted to vote for Bernie in the primary, I had to be a registered Democrat. Sigh. So I went ahead and re-registered. Now on March 22nd (assuming Super Tuesday doesn't result in a washout for Bernie - which I don't think it will...the convention with its "superdelegates" will be where the establishment strikes back) I can do my part in seeing Bernie get delegates from Arizona. (I'm also making a small weekly donation to his campaign). ;)

After March 22 is another story... :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »
"superdelegates"

Jesus... don't get me started. Yet another way for the oligarchy to steal away our votes. It's disgusting.   >:(

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »
Superdelegates: The one sleazy thing Democrats do that Republicans do NOT do better (and do less of). >:(
Wise up...rise up!

perez007usa

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    I'm still outta here!!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
Superdelegates, electoral, and so a on, and we are all got caught in damn  middle it.  
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »
Well... sigh... Hillary Clinton has won in the Nevada caucus.  :(

As I write this -- with 70% of the Nevada precincts reporting -- the vote appears to be Clinton 52% and Sanders 48%.

Not too discouraging, though. It's not exactly a landslide... there's only a 4 point difference between them. Nevada has a total of 35 delegates, so what this ultimately boils down to is something like 19 delegates for Hillary and 16 delegates for Bernie.

I was hoping that Bernie would win in Nevada -- but I wasn't counting on it. I happen to live right next to Nevada, and I can tell all of you that Nevada happens to be a somewhat conservative state. Nevada isn't as whacko as Arizona (sorry, Cylnar) or the Bible Belt states... but moderate-to-conservative candidates tend to do better in Nevada than left-wing liberal candidates. So for a super-leftie like Bernie Sanders, 48% of the vote is actually pretty damned good.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »
I just don't get it.  >:(

Despite the fact that Bernie Sanders enjoys the full backing of MoveOn.org and celebrities like Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, Robert Reich and Mark Ruffalo... just to name a few...

...Hillary Clinton has emerged as the big winner on Super Tuesday, gathering nearly three times as many delegates as Bernie Sanders.

I really just don't get it. What the fuck is up with you, America..? Are you so afraid of the word "change" that you're willing to keep voting for name brand, corporate cock sucking toadies..? Haven't those bastards ruined enough of your lives yet..?!

HILLARY CLINTON CAN NOT BEAT DONALD TRUMP IN NOVEMBER. BUT BERNIE SANDERS CAN.

Whatever. If my country is still hell-bent on self-destructing, then so be it. But I will continue to support Bernie Sanders... right to the bitter end. This country doesn't need more of the same... what we need is a complete overhaul. And we're not gonna get to that point if we keep voting for businessmen and "players" like Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

You all thought you were voting for "change" when you elected Barack Obama. Well... surprise, surprise..!!! He turned out to be a big, fat ZERO... and your lives are still being sapped away by the corporate domination of our political system. Don't you people get it yet..?!

A vote for Clinton is a vote for business-as-usual. It is a simple as that.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 06:52:37 AM »
The corporate media has portrayed Hillary as inevitable...which has gone a huge way towards making her so, because people are stupid and believe what they are told. And they like to back the winner. >:(

At least Bernie took four states, which keeps him in the contest for now. 8)

I will continue to support Bernie Sanders... right to the bitter end.

Right there with you. At a minimum Bernie has forced Hillary to take positions farther to the left than she would have without Bernie in the race. Perhaps if his movement remains coherent after Hillary's anointment at the convention and if she then manages to beat Trump (if Trump wins it will spell the imminent doom of America and the eventual doom of humanity), we liberals may be able to hold her feet to the fire and force her to keep her promises (and maybe keep pushing her to the left), as was not done with Barack Obama. No president can impose a new order by fiat - not even Bernie, or Ralph Nader or Elizabeth Warren, if they had run and won. We have to both back them up and make them move forward. :police:

Of course, most likely, whatever the outcome in November, the vast majority of voters will just go back to sleep until 2020, waking only occasionally to mutter complaints about how the election didn't magically make everything better overnight... ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:04:50 AM by Cylnar »
Wise up...rise up!

Blankspace

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:02 AM »
People ether can't accept reality, don't want their lives to be disrupted in anyway, or are stupid sheep.
That’s what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 07:06:39 AM »
People can't accept reality AND don't want their lives to be disrupted in any way AND are stupid sheep.

Fixed that for you. ;)
Wise up...rise up!

Ratcatcher

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »
So thats why American based Google searches on "how to move to Canada" went up 1150% thuesday night.
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
LOL... yeah... and after my house is paid off, I might sell it and move there myself.  :-\

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 10:48:21 PM »
Bernie Wins Big In Kansas and Nebraska

Bernie Sanders has been declared the winner in both Kansas and Nebraska, with 90% of sites reporting. Bernie did especially well in Kansas, where an early look at the margins seem to indicate that Sanders won the state by about a 2.5 to 1 margin.

Kansas will give:

23 Delegates to Bernie

10 Delegates to Hillary.

Sanders: 67%
Clinton: 33%

In Nebraska, the results are not quite as dramatic, but it does appear that it will be Sanders: 60% and Clinton: 40% (more or less). So... it's not over yet. Bernie Sanders is still very much in this race.

YOUNG PEOPLE: GET OUT THERE AND VOTE, DAMMIT. I think it's great the way young people are texting and tweeting to each other about their love for Bernie Sanders... but if you don't actually go out and VOTE for the guy, then your support is ultimately meaningless. I wish we could all just sit here and vote on the internet... but that time has not come yet. So for now, you need to GET UP and GET OUT and GO VOTE. Failure to do so will ensure that Hillary Clinton is the Democratic nominee... which likewise means, in all likelihood, that Donald Trump will be your next president.

Blankspace

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »
I wish we could all just sit here and vote on the internet... but that time has not come yet.

Closes thing to that would be a mail-in ballot, if a person's state allows that.
That’s what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 01:25:07 AM »
Bernie Kicks Ass in Michigan!

Bernie Sanders came from behind in the Michigan primary, blowing past an expected shortfall of over 20% in a stunning upset! :o

Quoth the Bern: "The results are in and we were just declared the winner in a very important state for our campaign: Michigan. That’s a major, game-changing victory for our campaign. The corporate media counted us out. The pollsters said we were way behind. The Clinton super PACs spent millions against us across the country. We were hit with a dishonest attack in the debate. But we won, again… and if we continue to stand together, we can win this nomination...Millions of people have come out to vote for our political revolution. They have donated more than 5 million times to our campaign. And together, we are sending a message to the oligarchy that we are not to be underestimated."

Despite the corporate media's attempts to sabotage his campaign, Bernie keeps on truckin'...and winning! 8)
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 02:10:27 AM »
I'm a happy camper tonight for sure.   ;D

This is a HUGE upset in Bernie's favor. As mentioned by Cylnar, nearly all of the pollsters and the various talking heads were predicting a landslide for Hillary Clinton in Michigan. But instead, Bernie Sanders rocked our world... by more or less destroying Hillary in the Michigan primary election. This is a big win for Sanders... and it also tells us that the race between Clinton and Sanders is far from over.

And now, I have a few comments and observations...

I think I know what Bernie's biggest problem is: he's too chivalrous and decent. No really... the man is simply too honest, forthright and polite for the seething sea of sleaze that has become modern politics. Bernie could do a lot better against Hillary... if only he were willing to be just as nasty, sarcastic, condescending and pompous as Hillary is. When I watched the most recent debate between Clinton and Sanders.. a debate which I agree was a win for Hillary... I kept shouting at the TV and saying "BERNIE... NOW!!! NAIL THE TWO-FACED BITCH!!! SHE JUST LAID HERSELF WIDE OPEN FOR AN ATTACK... SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR..?!?!"

But no... it was not to be... because Bernie is far too kind and chivalrous and sincere to drop down to the level of negative campaigning that seems to be the norm in today's politics. That sweet old man keeps letting Hillary off the hook, when instead he should be closing in on her like a growling dog and waiting for her to provide an opening to bite her in the ass.

Don't get me wrong... I fucking HATE negative campaigning and attack dog strategies. Nevertheless, reality is reality... and if Bernie still wants to win in this race, then he's going to have to double down and start meeting fire with fire. Hillary is already guilty of unfairly attacking Sanders several times... attacks which Bernie just sort of let slide off his back and then did nothing much in the way of retaliation. And this is where Bernie fails -- he needs to bite his lip and then use his famous wit to nail Hillary to a cross.

You know... it wouldn't even need to be all that nasty on Bernie's part. Simply reading back a string of Clinton quotes ought to be enough to turn most people away from Hillary. Here... let's look at some examples of what Hillary has said about various issues -- and in her own words:

Those are pretty damning statements. What Bernie needs to do is to start dredging up a little muck on Hillary, and then let the people know just how phony and right-wing she truly is. Hillary Clinton is a Democrat in name only, folks. In every other meaningful way, she's a dead-ringer for an old-school Goldwater Republican. As a matter of fact... before she met Bill Clinton back in the early 70's, that's exactly what Hillary Clinton was: a right-wing member of The Young Republicans. She switched parties when she got married to Bill -- but from what I've seen, she didn't switch her philosophies very much at all.

Anyway... so how did Bernie win big in Michigan tonight, despite every single poll placing him at least 20 points behind in that state..?

Well, I think it's because most of those polls were taken several days or weeks ago. And during the interim, I think an increasing number of Americans are starting to get to know Bernie Sanders a little bit better. I think they're finally waking up to the idea that socialism isn't evil, liberals are not dangerous, and the Establishment (of which Hillary is a card carrying member) are ruining all of our lives... a little at a time, day after day, the quality of our lives keeps decreasing. And meanwhile, the rich just keep getting richer and more bloated at all of our expense.