Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248720 times)

Gvaz

Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK (NEW!)
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »
So I guess this does not work with the unofficial patch? Never played this game before but was directed to this.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

• Enemy of the corporate state.

Male
  • Personal Text
    The longer we wait, the worse it gets.
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
You can use the "unofficial patch" OR the True Patch Gold. They are mutually exclusive. I recommend using the True Patch Gold. ;)
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
The True Patch is an alternative patch for VTMB.

The True Patch has absolutely no connection with the so-called "unofficial patch" produced by Werner Spahl ("Wesp5").
Therefore, it is not possible to use both of them at the same time, due to the numerous conflicts between them. Nor is
it necessary to do anything like that, since the True Patch fixes more legitimate bugs than any version of Wesp's crap.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Spawnkiller

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
Hi to all forum members,
Hi to all VtM Bloodline lovers,
Hi True Patch Team,
Hi Tessera;

I just registered my self here to express my big thank you to the Patch makers for there great effort to make this game as bug free as possible without changing the game/play it self.

I used the UP for several years now and i got more and more uncomfortable with the direction and intention of that project. (used it since 4.x)
Last time i played VtMB, a while ago, i used UP 7.3. The game became too easy for me in the plus version and also the basic version didn’t felt right any more.
So i put it away and lost interrest in the game for quite some time.

Days ago I thought I’ll give it a try again and got my self the latest iteration (8.42).
As soon as I read through change log form top to bottom, ill realized that this was no patch any more.

Difference between a Patch, Updated and an Add-on (IMHO anyway):
As discussed here and on several other forums a patch is a way for developers to fix broken content, engine or gameplay bugs.
As an update may introduce something which was missing at the initial release but intended to be part of the game (or software) from the start.
Add-on's in the past provided content which was completely new and was not part of the initial design process of the game (design feature, game play elements and/or new stories content).

Nowadays DLC's IMHO provide a mixed concept of Add-on's and Updates (or better say "should").
Sadly that’s not true anymore or never was as countless publishers showed us the last years.
(->Day 1 DLC's are not new content bud cut out game play elements by publishers for profit gain reasons only)

Long say sort: This patch represents the idea and concept of a "PATCH" much more accurately than WES UP project. I would call UP a game play mod, not necessary a bad one but fare away from being a patch (even the basic version) more like an update or mini add-on. So if you read this and may have stubble about this True Patch Project by accident or chance like I have and wonder if you should try it, give it a shot. You cant loose but only win a better game experience, not altered too drastically and still true its original developers (Troika Games).

So once again, thank you very much to all people who made this true patch possible, and to Tessera for developing and still keeping it alive.

wbr Spawnkiller

Sorry for my bad English, it’s not my native tongue.

Btw I’m a proud owner of the original 3CD version of the game, and very happy to use the game without the copy protection (more like an infection) anymore. Sony's SecuROM was and still is responsible for many software and system crashes, and should have never been released in the first place. IMHO it’s a very crappy piece of software full of bugs and nonsense like spyware. Sorry of the rant I really hate this “software”.

I'll often modify my post because they are mostly full of typos... so sorry if I mess up quotes for anyone...

[666 Members - Latest Member: Spawnkiller] Don’t know if I should feel honoured or be frightened. I’ll go with honoured  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:10:22 PM by Spawnkiller »

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
I used the UP for several years now and i got more and more uncomfortable with the direction and intention of that project. (used it since 4.x)
Last time i played VtMB, a while ago, i used UP 7.3. The game became too easy for me in the plus version and also the basic version didn’t felt right any more.
So i put it away and lost interest in the game fore quite some time.

This is one of the most common complaints that we've heard over the years, regarding Wesp's so-called "unofficial patch" for Bloodlines. Dozens and dozens and dozens of people have shown up here, saying more or less the same things about "that other patch."

Well, I have said many times that by inserting too much unnecessary (and often unwanted) content into Bloodlines, Wesp is actually guilty of undermining the re-playability of the game. And comments like yours would seem to support my assertion. You are not the first person to tell us that after using Wesp's "patch," you quickly lost interest in Bloodlines... and didn't get interested in it again until after you discovered the True Patch. Naturally, I am very happy to hear that our patch has renewed your enjoyment of the game. But I am equally saddened... because for every person like you who has found their way here, and found their way to the True Patch Gold Edition, there are likely ten more VTMB players who didn't. And many of those players could be struggling with the same basic issue: a loss of interest in Bloodlines, due to the largely inappropriate nature of Wesp's numerous alterations to the game.  

I could continue... but I won't, because I'll just launch into another of my angry rants against Wesp and his ongoing sabotage of Troika's masterpiece. So instead, I'll just say that I am glad that you are enjoying Bloodlines with the True Patch. It's a wonderful game and it deserves an equally wonderful patch. Hopefully, we have managed to provide everybody with one.

Happy vamping.  8)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Spawnkiller

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25:23 PM »
You will not require the official 1.2 patch from ActiVision, as it has already been fully incorporated into the True Patch Gold Edition. Simply install a fresh copy of Bloodlines first, and then apply this version of the True Patch Gold Edition w/Hotfix #6, and you will be all set. No further patching of any kind will be required.

Not installing the official patch 1.2 before copying the TPGF hf#7 content into the game folder turned out to be a major deal breaker, and made the game very bug to nearly unplayable for me...

What I did:

1. Uninstalled the game by the provided uninstaller.
2. Deleted the Activison folder and all it's sub folder content (moded files, save games, UP content....)
3. Installed a new fresh copy of VTM:B from the 3CD version of the game
[Because its not very much fun to do that more the 2 times a day, I created myself a single medium (DVD) install version of the game via matched  'Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines.msi' with the ORCA util (tool by Microsoft to view and modify .msi packets)].
4. I copied all the content of the 'TRUE_PATCH_MAIN' subfolder (vampire.exe, vampire & bin dir and all it's sub content) over the main game dir of VTM:B ([Drive Letter]:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines)
5. started the game and closed it instantly to generate the config.cfg file
6. used the vtmbrespatcher.exe to patch the 16:10 aspect ratio of my screen (play with 1680x1050)
7. started the game again, created a char and started the tutorial (btw I was not able to skip the intro speech, I really can’t hear the speech of that idiot LaCroix any more :D )

Bugs I encountered:
.) Unarmed Combat was not possible due the fact the unarmed icon was not available (missing) in the melee list of weapons.
.) Could not pickup any thing that should be able like tuna cans to distract the sabbat guard.

At this point I stop and uninstalled the game again, deleted all content, and reinstalled the game.
Then I installed the official patch 1.2, afterwards copied all the content from TPG hf#7 over again.
This time I had no problems with unarmed combat or picking up trash.

Right now I’m at my play through and I encountered some minor bugs like two the cops at the park house near the stairs to the beach are invisible or the models are missing. I can hear their voices taking to each other discussing the murder on the pier but can’t see the men standing there (like it should be).

I’ll make a list with all the bugs and glitches I may find till I leave Santa Monica the 1st time and post it later here. I’ll try to provide save games and screenshots if needed or requested.
(I guess it will take me some days till I’m done with the 1st part of the game, so don’t expect any update very soon :p )

wbr
Spawnkiller

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

Not sufficient.

The instructions within the TPG package clearly state that you must physically delete your entire VTMB installation prior to reinstalling it. This is especially true if your prior VTMB installation included any third-party patches or mods. The game's default uninstall program does not remove everything that it should, and it usually leaves behind remnants of your prior installation. Those leftover remnants could potentially cause conflicts with the TPG (or any other patch, for that matter).

As always, it is important to follow the TPG installation instructions carefully. Otherwise, you are asking for problems. The TPG is a comprehensive, MAJOR patch and it is extremely critical to read, understand and follow the included instructions to the letter.

Spawnkiller

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2013, 06:23:31 AM »

Not sufficient.

The instructions within the TPG package clearly state that you must physically delete your entire VTMB installation prior to reinstalling it. This is especially true if your prior VTMB installation included any third-party patches or mods. The game's default uninstall program does not remove everything that it should, and it usually leaves behind remnants of your prior installation. Those leftover remnants could potentially cause conflicts with the TPG (or any other patch, for that matter).

Maybe my fault and I made my self not clear enought but as i wrote before:

"2. Deleted the Activison folder and all it's sub folder content (moded files, save games, UP content....)"

That action deleted all related files from VTMB, because the unchanged dir structure of the game is:
'[Drive Letter]:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines'
So there were no leftovers from any mod or the original game it self. However I did not use a reg cleaner because there are no prominent entries from the game in the registry as fare as I could determine the last 3 times I searched for them by hand (of cause I could be wrong).

As always, it is important to follow the TPG installation instructions carefully. Otherwise, you are asking for problems. The TPG is a comprehensive, MAJOR patch and it is extremely critical to read, understand and follow the included instructions to the letter.
Yes I read it, and I believe I understood it's instructions correctly :D

wbr
Spawnkiller

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2013, 06:45:27 AM »

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »
Spawnkiller, you might want to check out this thread:  http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php/topic,58583.0.html

Some things that people don't think they need to do, is empty their recycle bin and restart their computer after removing old software, because they plan on reinstalling it.  I know it can be a pain, but this needs to be done in order to get rid of any remnants of the software, especially if your installing to the default location.  Your computer will search the recycle bin and any open cache for previously installed software.  This was intended as a time saver, but it actually causes more issues than it is worth, so emptying the recycle bin and restarting your computer to clear any open cache is always a good idea when reinstalling games and other software.  Doing a defragment of your drive is also a good idea after loading or reinstalling a game.

I did see that you are a former UP user.  Did you know that the UP adds registry entries? This is because of its .exe, and sometimes they can be hidden.

As far as the missing cops, at the garage gate near the Santa Monica pier.  They never existed in the vanilla version of the game.  That was something that Wesp added to the UP a few of years ago, and in my opinion, a bad idea.  Bloodlines to a point, deals in an alternate reality, and any cop that you could see, is going to see you, so they wouldn't discuss a murder in the open like that.  In fact they would tell you to move on.  As far as I'm concerned, not being able to see the cops, adds to ambiance of the game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:16:03 PM by Schu »
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

perez007usa

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    I'm still outta here!!
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
I find that Revo Uninstaller works real good in removing programs, it even scans and removes the leftovers registry files, and folders, under your discretion only! Then you do a restart.  By the way it's "FREE".
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Spideyknight

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
Hmm...when I hit reply at the top it sent my reply to the "there is nothing wrong" thread instead of putting it here.  Not a big deal, but that seemed weird and it is certainly over in that thread and not this one.  I can't seem to recreate that though, so I have no idea how that happened.

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say thanks, downloading and about to install now.

Spideyknight

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
Alright I got a couple questions. 

1) The game works fine, I unpacked all the vpk's and moved the old vpk's to a backup location.  Not sure if I was supposed to do that, but I did and it didn't seem to have any negative effect.

2) The Readme_Now_Utility file is outdated I assume?  None of these files are in the utility folder:

engine.dll
shaderapidx9.dll

Do I need them?

3)I ran vtmb_respatcher.exe and set my resolutions to typical 16:10 resolutions.  However in game, when I got to options-> visuals I see one 4:3 resolution and two 16:9, one of which is 1920x1080 which is fine, just wondering why I don't see 16:10 options?

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
Spidyknight, you wont see any 16:10 resolutions in the options menu, you have to lock it in the short-cut target menu, then  the resolution you want will appear in the options menu automatically.  You will have to run the res patcher (already done by you), then go into the config.cfg file and change the line “r_anamorphic "0" to r_anamorphic "1"”, or you can add the line “r_anamorphic "1"” to the autoexec.cfg file instead, then add your resolution to the short-cut target menu.

Here is what my target menu looks like:
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -w 1680 -h 1050 -32bit -heapsize 640000 -console

Notice the “-w 1680 -h 1050”, that is my monitors native 16:10 resolution.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
And just to support Schu's advice, here is what the "Target" box for 
my VTMB desktop shortcut looks like:

F:\VTMB\vampire.exe -console -32bit -heapsize 800000 -w 1920 -h 1080

So again... notice that the -w 1920 -h 1080 figures are set
to my desktop resolution (HDTV widescreen, in my case).

unbornda3mon

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
This has probably been asked a Million times but is there an auto exe version?

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
Not to speak for Tessera, but...

Nope, there is not an auto install version of the TPG.

Third party auto install .exe's can be dangerous, and should be avoided at all costs, unless the modder is doing hard coding changes (which we are unable to do at this time with Bloodlines).  A well written read-me with complete manual install instructions is all that is needed.

Don't believe it?  Search the net, and you will see that most modders use manual installs, instead of .EXE's.  With the exception of those modders who do hard code changes (where auto .EXE's are required), create mod managers, most of which are hard coded, or those who have something to hide.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
Possibly an error of some kind, but I'm too busy to check into it right now.

In any case, it does no harm to leave it there... so that is what I recommend doing: leave it there.