gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

gfx gfx
gfx
99550 Posts in 7599 Topics by 259 Members - Latest Member: emiru April 30, 2017, 08:18:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRITICAL INFO: VTMB Is NOT Compatible With Steam..!!!  (Read 24652 times)
kmjzknzd
Lurker

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »

It worked! I'm able to play the game now. Thank you so much!

To confirm, the steps I took were:
1. Move VTMB out of the Steam folder (and onto my desktop)
2. Move the True Patch files into the Vampire folder
3. Run the VTMB ResPatcher utility
4. Edit secdrv in the registry
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 05:32:06 PM »

Excellent. Happy vamping.  Cool

“I don't care that they stole my ideas... I care that they don't have any ideas of their own”
― Nikola Tesla
rubinonthetable

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »

Even though this is a 4 year old post, it has caught my direct attention quickly. I never trusted steam or at least not literally my cup of tea when it comes to modding, since none of them are DRM free and sometimes most of them aren't mod friendly UNLESS it's their own product which I could care less basically. Out of all the main reasons I prefer installing games through ISO of the original copy, in which case it's very easy to obtain a copy of VtMB, it's on iso-zone if people are too weary of the pirated version.

"If anything offends you, blame your parents because they raised a pussy"
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:35 AM »

The main problem with the pirated versions is that most of them are pre-patched and/or pre-modded... which is very bad.   Angry

“I don't care that they stole my ideas... I care that they don't have any ideas of their own”
― Nikola Tesla
rubinonthetable

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »

The main problem with the pirated versions is that most of them are pre-patched and/or pre-modded... which is very bad.   Angry

which is why the site is called iso-zone for a reason, so people can obtain that one and only copy. Plus the troika's 1.2 patch can be found on any site

Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »

Good to know.

The official 1.2 patch is no longer needed. The current version of the True Patch already contains the content from the official 1.2 patch. So... install the game, then install the True Patch, and you're done. No further patching of any kind is needed.

― Nikola Tesla
rubinonthetable

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:51 AM »

Good to know.

The official 1.2 patch is no longer needed. The current version of the True Patch already contains the content from the official 1.2 patch. So... install the game, then install the True Patch, and you're done. No further patching of any kind is needed.

Speaking of patches, the vtmb that's on iso-zone (the one and only place where I found the copy, anywhere else it's a little bit difficult to find) is a PAL version, technically both PAL and NTSC doesn't really matter. Long as the iso is from the original copy and True Patch works? Then players are all set. I had absolutely zero problems
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:19:11 AM by rubinonthetable » Logged

Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »

PAL versus NTSC question should be a non-issue for this particular game.

The VTMB Res-Patcher utility bundled in with the True Patch will allow you to patch the video resolution to anything that your heart desires.

FYI... the only significant difference between PAL and NTSC video has to do with the frame rate. And since any modern video card is capable of running VTMB at a very high frame rate, this again becomes a non-issue.

― Nikola Tesla
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx