Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248739 times)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

Not long ago, the federal government forcibly shut down the MegaUpload web site and arrested several of its administrators.

Lately, I have been hearing rumors about potential shutdowns of other popular file sharing sites... including FileFront, where we have (thus far) been hosting the True Patch Gold Edition.

In light of this oppressive (and seriously disturbing) trend by the feds, I have decided to once again offer the True Patch Gold Edition right here... on tessmage.com, so that VTMB players can download the latest and most up-to-date version directly from our own private server.

This version of the True Patch Gold Edition already has all of the various Hotfixes (the most current version being Hotfix #6) applied to it. So this single download is all that you will require in order to patch VTMB properly and enjoy playing a bug-free game.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK FOR TRUE PATCH GOLD EDITION, including HOTFIX #8:

http://www.tessmage.com/tpg/True_Patch_Gold_FINAL_with_Hotfix8.rar

FILE SIZE: approximately 190 megabytes (compressed using WinRAR's maximum compression)

I repeat: this single download is all that you will require. It already has all of the various Hotfixes pre-applied to it. Just download it, unzip it to a neutral location on your hard drive and then install it as per the included instructions. The True Patch Gold Edition is a fully comprehensive patch package and as such, its overall file size is quite large. Be sure to allow ample time for your download to be completed. The good news is that the download speeds from our server are about as fast as they come -- in excess of 1.8 MB/second -- so if you are using high-speed broadband, then you should be able to download the entire TPG file within a reasonable amount of time. In my own tests, I was able to download the entire TPG package from our server within 3 minutes.

Remember that the True Patch Gold Edition -must- be applied to a clean, fresh installation of VTM: Bloodlines. You can not simply install it on top of some pre-existing copy of the game. It is imperative that you adhere to this rule, otherwise you will almost definitely end up wrecking your VTMB installation and rendering the game un-playable. So let's all remember to first install a fresh copy of "plain-vanilla" VTMB and then, apply the True Patch.

You will not require the official 1.2 patch from ActiVision, as it has already been fully incorporated into the True Patch Gold Edition. Simply install a fresh copy of Bloodlines first, and then apply this version of the True Patch Gold Edition w/Hotfix #6, and you will be all set. No further patching of any kind will be required.

I should point out that several optional features have been bundled into the True Patch Gold package (a wide-screen fix for the game engine, for example). I strongly recommend that everyone READ the included instructions FULLY, as well as explore the various sub-folders within the TPG package, before deciding upon which (if any) optional features to apply. The actual patch itself is located within a sub-folder named "TRUE_PATCH_MAIN."

Hopefully, we won't get so many downloads that we run out of bandwidth. If anything like that -does- happen, then I will do whatever I can to increase our bandwidth allotment. This web site is privately funded and as such, we sometimes have a hard time making ends meet. But I will do the best that I can to ensure that every single VTMB player will always have full and easy access to the True Patch. I made that promise six years ago and I will continue to abide by it.

As always, full and complete technical support is available for all True Patch users... right here on this web site. If you have any problems or questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me. You may post your inquiries and comments within this thread, or else you may contact me privately if that is what you prefer. My door is always open.

All my best to all VTMB players,

- Tessera -
E-MAIL: tessera@tessmage.com

This post may occasionally be edited, in order to reflect any future changes which may occur.

Quote from: True Patch Gold Edition Installation Instructions
True Patch GOLD Edition with Hotfix #7
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

- Tessera -

---------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALLATION:
---------------------------------------------------------------

(1) First, you will need to remove any existing copies of Vampire -- The Masquerade: Bloodlines from your computer.
The True VTMB Patch Gold Edition requries that you begin with a fresh new installation of the game. Failure to follow
this first step can and will result in corrupted game files. So be smart, and wipe all traces of VTMB from your machine
before you proceed.

(2) Now install a fresh copy of Bloodlines. Just follow the normal installation procedure for whichever version of the game you own.

(3) Once you have installed a new copy of Bloodlines, you will need to navigate to its "root" folder. This is the same
folder where the file named "vampire.exe" resides. Note that we are referring to the ROOT folder here... NOT the "Vampire" folder.
We need to apply the True Patch Gold Edition to the same folder where "vampire.exe" is located. Got it..? ;)

(4) The True Patch Gold Edition contains several sub-folders. The main body of the actual patch is contained within a
sub-folder named "TRUE_PATCH_MAIN" and it is very important that you locate this folder correctly.
Do not simply dump
the entire True Patch into Bloodlines and expect it to work properly. Specifically, we are going to be applying ONLY
the material located within the "TRUE_PATCH_MAIN" sub-folder. Be sure that you are clear on this point, before proceeding.

(5) And now comes the fun part: let's install the actual True Patch to Bloodlines. The way to do this is quite simple,
once you have properly identified all of the folders mentioned in the previous steps.

(6) Navigate to the folder named "TRUE_PATCH_MAIN" and COPY all of its contents, including all files and sub-folders within.

(7) Now, highlight your working Bloodlines root folder (the folder that has "vampire.exe" in it, remember?) and PASTE everything
that you copied in step #6 into that root folder. If you do this correctly, Windows will warn you that "a file named blah blah blah
already exists" and then ask if you wish to overwrite the existing files. Just say "Yes To All" (or the equivalent for Windows 7 users).
This will allow the True Patch Gold Edition files to be copied into their correct locations. THIS STEP IS CRITICAL, FOLKS... SO MAKE
ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU COPY/PASTE EVERYTHING CORRECTLY. I can not stress this enough. The True Patch contains hundreds of files and
sub-folders and ALL of them need to be copied over to their correct locations. Otherwise, nothing is going to work properly.

(8} Assuming that you performed all of the above steps correctly, it is advisable to defragment your hard drive, prior to playing
your newly patched game. This will ensure that your gaming performance in Bloodlines will be optimal, following the installation
of the True Patch Gold Edition.

(9) If you wish to install any optional third-party mods for Bloodlines, then now would be the time. But be advised that there are
certain mods out there which, for whatever stupid reasons, are not fully compatible with the True Patch and they could cause your
game to malfunction or even crash. If you are uncertain about a particular mod, then you are advised to contact the author of that
mod directly and inquire about whether or not their mod is compatible with the True VTMB Patch. All of Tessera's mods -are- compatible
with the True Patch, but other people's mods may not be. In each case, you will need to contact the authors if you are unsure about
the suitability of a particular mod.

(10) So far, so good..? Then go ahead and launch Bloodlines. make absolutely sure that you create a NEW CHARACTER after patching the game.
Because of the peculiar nature in whcih Bloodlines stores map data into its gamesave fiels, YOU CAN NOT USE A PRE-EXISTING CHARACTER AFTER
YOU HAVE PATCHED THE GAME. This principle holds true for EVERY kind of VTMB patch... not just the True Patch. You need to start fresh.

Enjoy playing Bloodlines. Those of you who prefer to play the originally intended Troika game will be very, very happy with the True Patch Gold Edition. :)

------------------------
EXTRAS:
------------------------

Several optional add-on mods have been included in their own separate sub-folders wihtin the True Patch Gold Edition.
You will find instructions on how to install and use those mods within their corresponding folders.

Some additional documentation can also be found within the sub-folder named "Docs."

Some helpful utilities have been included as well. And agin... the instructions for those utilities can be found within their corresponding folders.

------------------------
SUPPORT:
------------------------

Official support for the True Patch Gold Edition may be obtained through the tessmage.com Forums at:

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php/board,48.0.html

Just look for the thread entitled "True Patch Gold Edition -- Official Thread." Forum members may post their inquiries there.

NOTE: the tessmage.com web site contains nudity, profanity and other mature content. ADULTS ONLY, please.

------------------------
CREDITS:
------------------------

The True Patch GOLD Edition was created and compiled by Tessera -- from March 2008 through June 2010.

The True VTMB Patch version 5.04AT, upon which the True Patch Gold Edition is primarily based,
was created and compiled by Acrimonious and Tessera in the spring/summer of 2007.

All versions of the True VTMB Patch have been carefully beta tested by volunteers from
the tessmage.com community. Many, many thanks to them for their invaluable assistance.
Every single one of those volunteers is a veteran Bloodlines player and they helped us
to identify quite a few glitches that the True Patch authors had failed to notice.
This is why all versions of the True Patch are independently tested prior to release:
because we're trying to FIX bugs -- not introduce any new ones. ;)

BETA TESTERS:

Acrimonious
Tessera
Alehezar
Erelas
Jordi
Paramecium
Tinman
Steeal
Kandid
Cylnar
Tessgirl

"FREE LILY" REPAIRS: original data courtesy of DDLulu and posted publicly in April, 2010. Many thanks.

Core engine repairs, memory allocation fix and DX9 updates: Tessera, Jordi, some public info posted by
"SomeJ*Doe" and a group of Russian and eastern Euro hackers who shall remain nameless. :p

The True VTMB Patch was conceived of by Tessera in late 2006 and co-authored by Acrimonious and Tessera.
Absolutely no content of any kind from any other authors has been copied, mimicked, "stolen" or otherwise
malappropriated and inserted into the True VTMB Patch GOLD Edition. The True VTMB Patch is a 100% original
piece of work, unless otherwise noted within these patch notes. Any use or misuse of its contents is expressly
forbidden, unless prior permission is obtained in writing from Tessera.

The True VTMB Patch Gold Edition is being distributed free of charge and as-is. The authors do not accept any
liability for any problems of any kind whatsoever which may arise due to your use and/or misuse of this patch.
Therefore, any claims of damages, whether real or imaginary, will not be considered valid. It is to be understood
that you agree to install and use this patch your own risk. If you do not agree to these conditions, then you must
not install the True VTMB Patch Gold Edition under any circumstances. This agreement is mutually binding and
non-negotiable, however your own local laws may vary from region to region.

If you wish to host a copy of the True VTMB Patch Gold Edition on your own web site, then please contact Tessera
for permission. In most cases, permission will be granted, so long as you agree not to alter any of the contents
of this patch in any ways whatsoever, or to use it for any illicit purposes. If you wish to apply for permission
to host the True VTMB Patch Gold Edition on your web site, then you may contact Tessera directly at: tessera@tessmage.com

"The True VTMB Patch" and "The True Patch GOLD Edition" are both copyrighted trademarks of Tessera and tessmage.com. All rights reserved.

OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE of The True VTMB Patch Gold Edition: July 08, 2010
HOTFIX #1 ADDED ON JULY 26, 2010

--------------------------
OFFICIAL WEB SITE:
--------------------------

www.tessmage.com

For Mature Gamers
(Adults Only)

------------
END
------------

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:25:40 AM by Tessera »

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK (NEW!)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:43:32 PM »
NOTE TO ALL TRUE PATCH USERS:

I would like for this to become the new official thread for the True Patch Gold Edition. I have therefore un-stickied the previous TPG threads accordingly. If you have any comments, questions or observations regarding the True Patch, then please post them within this thread from now on. That way, we can keep everything up-to-date and organized.

Many thanks,

- Tessera -

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
Cool.

Hopefully you don't get a bunch of people downloading (because their mental) just so they can get a compiled copy  ;)
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
They can download it as much as they need to.

If we run into a bandwidth issue, then I guess I'll have to start begging for donations again.
But hopefully, it will not come down to that. Let's just take it as it comes.

I made a strong commitment to this game and its community many years ago and I fully intend
to ensure that all VTMB players will continue to have full, no-bullshit access to the TPG.

No matter what.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

• Enemy of the corporate state.

Male
  • Personal Text
    The longer we wait, the worse it gets.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
Is Sailmaker still hosting the TPG?
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »
Yes, I believe so. And for the time being, so does FileFront.

But I still wanted to take this step, in order to ensure that absolutely nothing interferes with TPG downloads in the future.

Also... I wanted to re-release the TPG, with all of its Hotfixes (to date) already incorporated into it. Much less hassle that way.

Tarbos

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
Thanks!!!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 06:29:13 PM »
*** MINOR UPDATE ***

A minor update has been uploaded to the server. This update is non-critical and involves a rare glitch that could occur for female Brujah characters, during their dialogue with the "Santa Monica Blueblood" NPC.

I repeat: this is a minor update and non-critical. It only affects female Brujah characters and even then, it is quite rare (which explains why it was not discovered until now).

It did not affect your ability to play the game -- it was simply a missing line of Seduction dialogue, which has now been repaired. Many thanks to the tessmage.com member who reported it.

The TPG has now had this update applied to it. The original post in this thread now reflects the update, via the insertion of a new download link. I will repeat the new download link here, in this post:

http://www.tessmage.com/tpg/True_Patch_Gold_FINAL_with_Hotfix6b.rar

For most players, it is not necessary to download a new copy of the TPG, unless you are concerned about this minor update and wish to obtain a copy.

The updated TPG can be installed directly on top of previous TPG installations, with no adverse consequences. You will not need to create a new player character. Nothing else is being changed, aside from a single dialogue file related to the SM Blueblood NPC.

NOTE: USERS OF TESSERA's VTMB MEGA-MOD SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE. A SEPARATE UPDATE FOR MEGA-MOD USERS -ONLY- WILL BE ISSUED IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:22 PM »
TPG NEWS:

Older copies of the True Patch Gold Edition have been removed from this server. They were simply outdated.

The newly revised copy of the TPG, which is linked to in my OP and also on the main page of this web site, is now the only official version of the TPG patch.

Prisoner416

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »

I repeat: this is a minor update and non-critical. It only affects female Brujah characters and even then, it is quite rare (which explains why it was not discovered until now).

It did not affect your ability to play the game -- it was simply a missing line of Seduction dialogue, which has now been repaired. Many thanks to the tessmage.com member who reported it.

Woo! I feel important and stuff.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Everyone who contributes legitimate bug reports to me is important.
I'm only one guy... so I can't find EVERYTHING all by myself.

Many thanks for your help, dude.  ;D

perez007usa

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    I'm still outta here!!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Yea, Sailmaker and FileFront  are still there, but its only 444 mgs. not what you have here.
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
I know. I'm going to have to try to remove the older version from Filefront.

As for sailmaker, I'll just send him an e-mail and ask him to replace his link
with a new one that links to the updated copy on our server.

Thanks for reminding me.  :)

Interesting side note:

Over on FileFront, the TPG has been downloaded more than 10,000 times to date.
Here are the actual statistics...

File Name:     True_Patch_Gold_FINAL.rar
File Size:    444.77 MB
Date Added:    08-14-2010
Download This Week:    127
Downloads All Time:    10665
Popularity:    10.75%

I have no idea what "Popularity" means on FileFront. Popular as compared to what..? All other downloads..? I have no idea. But anyway, if you add those numbers up with the number of downloads from Sailmaker's site, along with the number of times that the most recent TPG Hotfixes have been downloaded from THIS site, then it becomes clear that the TPG has indeed spiked in popularity during the past year. In fact, the number of downloads during the past six months appear to be roughly triple what they were a year ago. It's good to see.

Zoli

• Accolyte

Male
  • Personal Text
    Back-alley Pirate
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »
Maybe the increase in the TPG popularity for the last 6 months has to to something with the Halloween steam sale for VtMB?
Considering the forum general attitude vs steam, I surely hope so ;D
One question: where to report game typos?

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
One question: where to report game typos?

Rite here actually  :)

Maybe the increase in the TPG popularity for the last 6 months has to to something with the Halloween steam sale for VtMB?
Considering the forum general attitude vs steam, I surely hope so ;D

It also has a lot to do with the fact that Steam is causing issues with the game (even with it being vanilla on XP X86/32bit), and the UP has a huge amount of complaints on the Steam boards, of his patch not working with the Steam version of the game. Where the TPG works every-time as long as you install it right.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Zoli

• Accolyte

Male
  • Personal Text
    Back-alley Pirate
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
I rather would see a tread dedicated to typos, than litter a main TPG thread with bug & typo reports - just my opinion.
Maybe it would be something to add to the FAQ: where to report typos?

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »
You can report any typos or other remaining bugs right here, as Schu already told you.

It is helpful if you can include a screenshot of the bug in question within your post. It saves me a great deal of time, so far as tracking it down is concerned.

Otherwise, just do your best to be as specific (and as complete) as you possibly can with your descriptions, whenever you post a bug report.

Zoli

• Accolyte

Male
  • Personal Text
    Back-alley Pirate
Typo report
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
Typo: hoetl  instead of hotel
Location: e-mail #1 in Simon Milligan apartment, apt1 Skyline Apartments, Downtown LA
VtMB: CD(not DVD or steam) version
Patch level: Official patch 1.2 and TPG with Hotfix #6(one previous to the present one); some mods included in the TPG are installed
Player: Brujah, clan histories enabled