Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

"Tessera" is NOT a girl's name, for fuck's sake!!!

Started by Tessera, January 27, 2021, 01:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Yes, there are still people on the internet who think that my infamous online handle indicates that I am a female.  ::)

Please allow me to clarify... for the 1,000th time:

tes·ser·a
/ˈtesərə/

noun: tessera; plural noun: tesserae

a small block of stone, tile, glass, or other material used in the construction of a mosaic.
    "Roman remains including tesserae have been found"
        (in ancient Greece and Rome) a small tablet of wood or bone used as a token.

Origin
mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek, neuter of tesseres, variant of tessares 'four'.

Definitions from Oxford English Dictionary

What the dictionary doesn't mention is the fact that in ancient times, a tessera was most commonly a small block in the shape of a cube... which is a polygon made up of 4-sided geometric shapes. Also, if you ever watched the "Avengers" movies, then you probably know that an important plot device in those stories was a theoretical fourth-dimensional object called a "tesseract."

In my case, the name comes from a character that I once created for World of Warcraft. She was a human mage and she was also the fourth character that I ever created for that game. Well, I wanted a name that had some association with the number "four," because she was my fourth WoW character... get it... so I chose "Tessera." I liked the way the word rolls off the tongue.

Eventually, that character became famous and by extension, so did I. The name just sorta stuck and so here we are... to this day, "Tessera" is my online alias. Nothing more to it than that, folks.

So do we all understand, now..? Tessera is not a girl's name. Never in your lives have you ever met or known a girl named "Tessera." The word has to do with numbers and geometry... not femininity. Sheesh...

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Will Never

I still remember the Earthen Ring Kjellan days fondly, LOL.  Such fun drama.

Tessera

Quote from: Will Never on January 28, 2021, 01:40:17 AM

Oh, jeezis... that's ancient history. When was that..? 2005, I think.

Yeah, Kj was my second WoW toon, I believe. Second or third... I forget.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blonde Guardian

Quote from: Tessera on January 28, 2021, 01:42:40 AM
Quote from: Will Never on January 28, 2021, 01:40:17 AM

Oh, jeezis... that's ancient history. When was that..? 2005, I think.

Yeah, Kj was my second WoW toon, I believe. Second or third... I forget.

I'm curious to hear the Kjellan story if you ever feel like writing it up.

Tessera

Quote from: Blonde Guardian on January 28, 2021, 02:39:32 PM
I'm curious to hear the Kjellan story if you ever feel like writing it up.

Let's just say it was a roleplaying prank that got out of hand, a long time ago.

Tessera

In case any of you thought that I was exaggerating awhile back... when I said that there are people on YouTube who think Raven is real.... well, it happened again today:

This occurs regularly. People see the images of Raven that decorate our YouTube page and oddly, they assume that those are actually pictures of me.

I can't tell you how many times I have explained "No, that girl doesn't actually exist. I created her... I built her... she's just a CGI character." Nor can I believe that in this day and age, Raven is still fooling anyone into thinking that she's a real girl. I look at Raven and I see all sorts of telltale signs that she's an artificial construct.... but apparently, many of the right-wing trolls on YouTube are either too stupid, or not observant enough to figure this out on their own.

Maybe I should just stop fighting it. Okay... you got me... I'm not an older guy who lifts weights and plays the guitar. I'm really a super-hot, 19-year-old elf chick, with perky tits and pointed ears. Whatever. Fucking morons.  ::)