Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Trump's Supporters EXPLAINED

Started by Tessera, September 10, 2020, 01:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blankspace

Quote from: Will Never on August 16, 2021, 01:35:01 AM
Yeah a lot of their support is manufactured through paid trolls and bots.   How desperate.   I can tell when they're en masse in certain videos by looking at the views to comment ratios.  Videos that are under assault by bots have comment numbers that rival the view numbers, which makes no sense.

Not to mention a lot of them are blank accounts (have a name but no icon) that all make the same type of comments.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Tessera

Many Germans behaved in similar ways, following the first world war.

They felt angry and demoralized after their humiliating defeat in that war, so they decided that Jewish and gypsy "invaders" were the people collectively responsible for all of their problems. We all know what happened next.

The right-wing in America today are behaving just like the fascists in Nazi Germany did. Xenophobia, primitive tribalism, unreasoning fear and rage, hysterical outbursts in public... it's all right there, folks. So do we sit back and allow history to repeat itself..?

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Will Never

When TYT gets it wrong: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1iR0WXLeM

This sort of denialism is along the lines of what I'd expect from dirtbags like Jimmy Dore, and this piece was honestly quite embarrassing to watch.

Ana and Jon: what are you doing?     Something like over thirty people have the same symptoms and you think the victims either made it up or just have jetlag? These people have been working there for years. There is no reason to believe that they're all imagining illness or undergoing mass delusion.  Their scans showed brain damage.   Whose idea was it to run this piece and how did it make it past your production team?   You guys are smarter than this. Please act like it!

Tessera

Yeah I posted a comment under that video, a couple of days ago.

I said: 

Quote from: Tessera on YouTube

I'll just mention that there has been evidence of hyper-sonic, as well as microwave weapons in development. For example, the Russians purportedly have them. Or.... if you're a believer in meta-science... Cuba is located fairly close to the so-called Bermuda Triangle.

I mentioned the Bermuda Triangle as a joke. Anyway, I'm open to the possibility of silent beam weapons already existing in our world.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

Quote from: Will Never on August 31, 2021, 10:58:07 PM
When TYT gets it wrong: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1iR0WXLeM

This sort of denialism is along the lines of what I'd expect from dirtbags like Jimmy Dore, and this piece was honestly quite embarrassing to watch.

Ana and Jon: what are you doing?     Something like over thirty people have the same symptoms and you think the victims either made it up or just have jetlag? These people have been working there for years. There is no reason to believe that they're all imagining illness or undergoing mass delusion.  Their scans showed brain damage.   Whose idea was it to run this piece and how did it make it past your production team?   You guys are smarter than this. Please act like it!

Yea, if multiple people are coming down with the same or similar symptoms at the same place or area then there has to be something there.

Tessera

I wanted to share this image...

That's an issue of the NY Daily News, from back in the days of the 2016 primaries.... BEFORE Trump was the Republican nominee.  ;)

It's not only hilarious, it also shows that initially, Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox News) hated Donald Trump. Most NY'ers do, in fact.
We knew about Trump a long time before the rest of you did. He's a total piece of shit.

Tessera

Coming soon, to a theater near you...

Graphic courtesy of Bill Maher.

Whattya say we just sell Texas back to Mexico and be done with them? We wouldn't even need to change our flag... just make Puerto Rico a state
and there ya go, we're back to 50 states again.

Cylnar

Encouraging people to inform on their friends and neighbors is un-American. Straight out of the totalitarian playbook of Hitler and Stalin. Truly "conservative" Supreme Court justices would have struck down the law on invasion of privacy issues alone. Which of course tells you they aren't really conservatives...they are right-wing ideologues, which is not the same thing. :P

I crap more intelligent and ethical legal minds than those of the Supreme Court's six conservatives every fucking day. This country really would be better served by the contents of my septic tank then the so-called "justices" we are cursed with now. Not to mention hundreds of Representatives and Senators (on both sides of the aisle, unfortunately). ::)

Biden has got to add at least four more justices to the court to kneecap the Trumpers. They decided to pick Gen Xers in their late forties so they could lock in their right-wing majority for decades? Biden should pick the most promising progressive law-school graduates who just passed the bar last Tuesday. And he needs to make those obstructionist Senate fucks Manchin and Sinema an offer they can't refuse. :P

Not that any of that will happen, of course. The whole thing is political theater to fuel the 24-hour news cycle while the billionaires vacuum up every last penny. >:(
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

Quote from: Cylnar on September 18, 2021, 09:20:01 AM
Not that any of that will happen, of course. The whole thing is political theater to fuel the 24-hour news cycle while the billionaires vacuum up every last penny. >:(

Speaking of which, check out this epic self-own by Tucker Carlson...

That's an actual screenshot of Tucker's show on Fox the other night. It looks to me like one of the directors over at Fox was trying to send everyone a strong message about Tucker.  :P

You can't make this shit up, man.

Tessera

Quote from: Cylnar on September 18, 2021, 09:20:01 AMThis country really would be better served by the contents of my septic tank then the so-called "justices" we are cursed with now. Not to mention hundreds of Representatives and Senators (on both sides of the aisle, unfortunately). ::)

Okay, fine. Let's put them to the test...

The so-called "pro-life" hypocrites need to set up, administer and fully fund a system that will adopt, love and care for unwanted babies after they're born. Maybe you can force women to carry babies full term... but you sure as hell can't force her to love it, or want it. But we want those sacred, cherished babies to have good lives, don't we..?

Provide those babies with a healthy environment, make sure they're fed and receive medical care, buy them new clothes every year and then send them to college when they're old enough. Raise everyone's taxes (GASP!) in that state, in order to pay for it all. Put your money where your mouth is, "pro-lifers." Let's see you do that.

We need to round up some of these pro-life nimrods and show them a human embryo in a Petrie dish. The real thing.... show them an actual, aborted human embryo in a dish. Then, play a game called "Find The Baby." Ask them all to take a look and then, point to the human baby, that they all seem to cherish and want to protect. Can you find it?

All they're gonna see is something that looks kind of like a tadpole, surrounded by a reddish looking blob of jelly. No babies... just a weird looking tadpole. We can finish up the experiment by asking them whether or not that tadpole in the Petrie dish has any legal rights.

Will Never

Quote from: Tessera on September 20, 2021, 04:24:27 AM

That's an actual screenshot of Tucker's show on Fox the other night. It looks to me like one of the directors over at Fox was trying to send everyone a strong message about Tucker.  :P

You can't make this shit up, man.

I hate Tucker Carlson with such great passion that I can hardly describe it.  Even just ten years ago, it would have been unthinkable for someone like him to have existed on cable news! 

Tessera

NATURAL SELECTION AT WORK

Please take a minute to look closely at that graph.

The data on that graph shows that the people who support Trump the most are also the people who are DYING the most, from the Delta variant of COVID-19.

See, this is how natural selection works. Stupid people will do stupid things and die. Smart people will do smart things and preferentially survive. This is the way nature gradually weeds the stupid genes out of the gene pool, ensuring that future generations will will be incrementally smarter.

It is in fact the way humans got to be as smart as we are in the first place. In ancient times, stupid people did stupid things and got eaten by a cave bear. Smart people knew to be more cautious and so, they survived in greater numbers. Then, they passed their smart genes down to the next generation... where as many of the stupid people got killed before they had the chance to reproduce. Over time, we gradually became smarter and smarter. Baby steps. This is really the way that evolution works.

Evolution is imposed from the outside... it has absolutely nothing to do with whatever a particular species might want. When your environment changes, you either change along with it, or else you perish. How you feel about it is immaterial. Whether you believe in it or not is immaterial. It keeps happening, regardless. "Evolution is a fact, not a theory... it REALLY happened." That's a quote from Carl Sagan.

That same mechanism of natural selection is happening again. The stupid, rabid, tribal little Trump maniacs are refusing to social distance. They're refusing to wear masks. They're refusing to get vaccinated. They're obviously too stupid to fully understand and appreciate the long-term consequences of their behavior... and so, they are now dying in greater numbers than the smart people are. Almost five times greater.

WTG, evolution! More proof that Darwin was right.   ;D

Blankspace

Quote from: Tessera on September 29, 2021, 10:44:04 AM
NATURAL SELECTION AT WORK

Please take a minute to look closely at that graph.

The data on that graph shows that the people who support Trump the most are also the people who are DYING the most, from the Delta variant of COVID-19.

See, this is how natural selection works. Stupid people will do stupid things and die. Smart people will do smart things and preferentially survive. This is the way nature gradually weeds the stupid genes out of the gene pool, ensuring that future generations will will be incrementally smarter.

It is in fact the way humans got to be as smart as we are in the first place. In ancient times, stupid people did stupid things and got eaten by a cave bear. Smart people knew to be more cautious and so, they survived in greater numbers. Then, they passed their smart genes down to the next generation... where as many of the stupid people got killed before they had the chance to reproduce. Over time, we gradually became smarter and smarter. Baby steps. This is really the way that evolution works.

Evolution is imposed from the outside... it has absolutely nothing to do with whatever a particular species might want. When your environment changes, you either change along with it, or else you perish. How you feel about it is immaterial. Whether you believe in it or not is immaterial. It keeps happening, regardless. "Evolution is a fact, not a theory... it REALLY happened." That's a quote from Carl Sagan.

That same mechanism of natural selection is happening again. The stupid, rabid, tribal little Trump maniacs are refusing to social distance. They're refusing to wear masks. They're refusing to get vaccinated. They're obviously too stupid to fully understand and appreciate the long-term consequences of their behavior... and so, they are now dying in greater numbers than the smart people are. Almost five times greater.

WTG, evolution! More proof that Darwin was right.   ;D

It's basically a cult like Heaven's Gate or Jonestown so their no way Trump mania would end well.

Tessera

Quote from: Blankspace on September 29, 2021, 05:44:44 PM
It's basically a cult like Heaven's Gate or Jonestown so their no way Trump mania would end well.

I've given up on Republicans. I gave up on them a long time ago. Their primitive, tribal mentality has totally overridden their capacity for rationality and critical thinking. They proceed from a position of hatred and fear... and frightened animals are almost impossible to reason with. They believe that the world is leaving them behind. They believe that their way of life... even their very existence... is somehow threatened. They are, in effect, fighting the future... and that's a losing battle.

Telling them that something is good for them falls upon deaf ears, because anything we liberals tell them is viewed with suspicion... as if our attempts to help them are really just some kind of sinister trick. You can only bash your head against their brick wall for so long, before you realize that the only thing you are accomplishing is giving yourself a headache.

So at this stage of my life, all I want is to see them perish. Before they have the opportunity to drag the rest of us down with them. With Trump, they almost did.

If any of that sounds cruel or insensitive, then I apologize... but after 50 years of Republican madness, I've become completely fed up with them.

Tessera

Today would have been her birthday.

This is the price of supporting a maniac like Trump.

Will Never

How comes it looks like there's a little man with a top hat  in the foreground?

Tessera

Quote from: Will Never on October 12, 2021, 04:02:12 PM
How comes it looks like there's a little man with a top hat  in the foreground?

I dunno. A shadow maybe?

Bloodstains?

Maybe it's the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, slowly shaking his dead in disbelief.

Blonde Guardian

It looks more like a cast shadow than anything. As for what's casting the shadow, I have no guesses.

The Lincoln ghost explanation is fine too.