Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Hacker Alert

Started by Tessera, April 24, 2023, 09:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Hacker Alert

It has come to my attention that Russian hackers have been sending out false e-mails, pretending to be on the staff of this web site.

They most definitely are not.

Here's an example:

The above notice is PHONY, people. It was NOT sent by tessmage.com and in fact, it was sent from <office@pixtinauto.ru>

Those are Russian hackers. Most likely automated, from the look of it.

To all members: if you are ever in doubt about a suspicious e-mail, claiming to have come from this web site, then simply send me a private message through this forum board and tell me about it.

NO ONE FROM TESSMAGE.COM WILL EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD, OR ANY OTHER PRIVATE INFORMATION. THAT IS A PROMISE. WE NEVER HAVE AND WE NEVER WILL.

Many thanks to the anonymous member who reported this one to me. As you can see, I got one myself a few hours later.   8)

- Tessera -
Administrator
tessmage.com

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

REMINDER:

We will NEVER ask you to disclose or verify your account password. Never. Never ever.

Your account password is encrypted within our database. The encryption is automatic and it happens as soon as you select or change your password.

I own and administer this web site and even I don't know your password. Nor do I need to know it. It's yours. Even if I looked it up in the database, I still wouldn't know it because of the encryption.

So if you get any e-mails claiming to be from tessmage.com, and if those e-mails ask you ANYTHING about your password, then IT IS 100% FAKE. It definitely didn't come from us.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera