Author Topic: VTMB on Windows 10 OS ???  (Read 4911 times)

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
VTMB on Windows 10 OS ???
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »
Anybody running the game with the TPG on Win10?  I've retained Win7 to avoid all the problems so, I just don't know if it's compatible.  

EDIT:  I'd have thought I'd have an answer to this rather simple question by now.  Nothing nefarious here; just trying to counter Wesp5 responses at GOG with factual information.  

FROM TESSERA: I decided to move this topic up to the public area of the board, so that anyone... including non-members... could see it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:45:11 PM by Tessera »
These biting remarks brought to you by Legio K-IX, King Icy I Commanding

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
Re: OS Use
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »
Anybody running the game with the TPG on Win10?  I've retained Win7 to avoid all the problems so, I just don't know if it's compatible.  

EDIT:  I'd have thought I'd have an answer to this rather simple question by now.  Nothing nefarious here; just trying to counter Wesp5 responses at GOG with factual information.   

OK, an old but recently commented post tells me that no Win 10.  Geez guys; I know I don't start posts often but thanks for nothing!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:48:58 AM »
Sorry canine... this board has practically died, I'm afraid.   :(

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »
Sorry canine... this board has practically died, I'm afraid.   :(

So often these days I let the frustration out without thinking things through. 

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »
No worries.  8)

Anyway... so far as I know, it -is- possible to run VTMB with the TPG on Windows 10...

...but it involves installing the secdrv.sys driver into Windows 10 in a rather weird manner that I have never personally investigated. I don't own Windows 10... nor do I want Windows 10... so there is no way for me to test anything regarding Windows 10. This is an issue that other people will need to investigate and (hopefully) solve.

As for Wesp... truly, that lying douchebag is a non-entity to me these days. I think it's common knowledge that in his zeal to be liked and revered, Wesp has effectively gone way too far with his "patches" and indeed, he has utterly ruined the original game. People who realize this rather obvious fact will shun Wesp, and turn to using the TPG. Many thousands of VTMB players have already done so. And I am sure that, by now, some of them must have figured out a way to get the TPG working on Windows 10. But I personally have no first-hand experience with it.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
No worries.  8)

Anyway... so far as I know, it -is- possible to run VTMB with the TPG on Windows 10...

...but it involves installing the secdrv.sys driver into Windows 10 in a rather weird manner that I have never personally investigated. I don't own Windows 10... nor do I want Windows 10... so there is no way for me to test anything regarding Windows 10. This is an issue that other people will need to investigate and (hopefully) solve.

As for Wesp... truly, that lying douchebag is a non-entity to me these days. I think it's common knowledge that in his zeal to be liked and revered, Wesp has effectively gone way too far with his "patches" and indeed, he has utterly ruined the original game. People who realize this rather obvious fact will shun Wesp, and turn to using the TPG. Many thousands of VTMB players have already done so. And I am sure that, by now, some of them must have figured out a way to get the TPG working on Windows 10. But I personally have no first-hand experience with it.

Hmm; that's well past my competency level.  I don't have nor want Win10 either.  He's still telling people on GOG that the TPG "is an out of date patch that is based on the UP" he wrote.  He has kind of taken over that site although his minions of old seem to have deserted him.  I wonder how badly GOG is regretting using his patch that needs updated three to four times a year?  :)   They have a history of using player made patches like in Gothic but most of those were stable and updated only occasionally.   

Sad that this site declined so in usage but, it's basis, ie Bloodlines, is an old game.  I knew things were slow here but, well, I've never been one to take advantage of the social aspects of a site.  I'd check daily and answer questions that I felt able to and chime into an existing thread at times but haven't really had any questions myself for a long time so I haven't started many threads.  I never considered myself a lurker but perhaps i do fit that category.  Anyway, I digress.  I guess that as long as GOG/steam sell Bloodlines, there'll be new but short-lived people here. 

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
Re: VTMB on Windows 10 OS ???
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 10:56:45 PM »
Hmm; that's well past my competency level.  I don't have nor want Win10 either. He's still telling people on GOG that the TPG "is an out of date patch that is based on the UP" he wrote.

Wesp says all sorts of things. Wesp is a very insecure and childish person, who desperately seeks the approval and the adulation of others. Interesting that Wesp seems to have forgotten that the very first version of his "UP" was itself stolen from a previous developer. ::)

The actual fact of the matter is that the very first version of the True Patch... version 4.04AT, way back in late 2006... was indeed created by starting with one of Wesp's "UP" abortions and then stripping out all of the unnecessary and unwanted crap from it. Acrimonious was the wizard who did nearly all of the work on that very first True Patch, with my role being one of consultant and promoter. I also contributed a few texture repairs.

The end result caused a bit of an uproar... and rightly so. Therefore, Acrimonious and myself put our heads together again, and decided to create an entirely new version of the True Patch... starting completely from scratch. This endeavor took us several months to complete. The end result was the much-lauded True Patch version 5.04AT, released in the spring of 2007, which consisted entirely of our original work. There was not a speck of Wesp's stuff anywhere within version 5.04AT of the True Patch. Absolutely nothing at all.

Shortly thereafter, Acrimonious retired from the world of gaming, in order to pursue a new career that involved quite a bit of traveling. So it fell to me to keep the True Patch updated. I quickly had to learn how to do... well... everything, so far as the nuts and bolts of VTMB are concerned. It was quite a learning process for me at the time.

The True Patch Gold Edition, which I first began developing back in 2010 (if memory serves), was produced 100% by yours truly. I retained many of the Python script repairs that Acrimonious had added to version 5.04AT, but everything else within the TPG was done by little ol' Tessera. And I have maintained it ever since. The TPG is not "outdated," as Wesp claims, simply because it is 100% applicable and appropriate for a game that was released back in 2004. If the TPG is "outdated" in any way, well then so is VTMB. The TPG really doesn't require any more updates, as it already fixes every single important (and not so important) bug that existed within the original, plain-vanilla game. In fact, to this day, the TPG fixes far more LEGITIMATE bugs within Bloodlines than ANY version of Wesp's garbage -- past or present. While Wesp has always been primarily focused upon people-pleasing, I have always been focused upon actual, legitimate bugs and fully repairing them. This has been true ever since 2013, which was the last time that I released any important updates for the TPG.

And that's the true story. Any connections between the True Patch series and Wesp were completely severed MORE THAN A DECADE AGO. For him to keep spreading his idiotic lies, especially at this late stage, tells us much about Wesp's psychological and emotional instability.

On my end... I honestly never, ever think about Wesp these days. Not until one of you folks brings him up to me. In my mind, all of the conflicts that I once had with Wesp belong in the long-dead past. It's very old news to me at this point. I don't mind talking about Wesp... but I'm not sure what I could contribute, aside from the obvious. If Wesp is still ranting about me and the TPG, after all of these years, then it must be because he still feels threatened somehow. And that's his problem -- not mine.

Feel free to quote all of the above on any forum of your choosing. It is 100% accurate and true... and straight from the source (me). But whether or not other people choose to believe it is completely unimportant to me.

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:25 PM »
I didn't reply on this before so it's a bump but, the only reason I mentioned things was that I feel bad for new players being mislead.  I just wish I was a better communicator. 

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
No problems. I just find it to be rather humorous for Wesp to be calling the TPG "outdated."  ::)

PEOPLE -- THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME IS OUTDATED. Bloodlines is a game that was created back in 2001-2004 and therefore, absolutely nothing related to VTMB could possibly be "up-to-date."

On my end, I simply wanted to fix as many of the bugs in VTMB as I possibly could. That goal was accomplished a little over 4 years ago.... hence there haven't been any updates to the TPG since then. The game hasn't changed either in all of these years, so the bottom line is that the TPG is as "up-to-date" as it possibly can be. There hasn't been any new content released for VTMB... hence there haven't been any new bugs to fix. VTMB is done... it's finished... and so is the True Patch.

The only reason Wesp keeps releasing one version after another of his "patch" is because (1) he constantly breaks things, which he then needs to go back and fix and (2) he keeps introducing more and more unnecessary and completely arbitrary mods into his "patch," no doubt in order to please the inferior (yes, they really are inferior) players who love the ways that Wesp has progressively dumbed down and bastardized the entire game. Teenagers always want something new and faster and easier... and that's the crowd that Wesp primarily panders to.

True Patch (TPG) players are playing the actual, real game of Bloodlines. The users of Wesp's garbage are playing some entirely different and inferior game -- which is much easier, stupider and more childish than the game which was intended by Troika.

And no, those are not just "opinions." When you deliberately make a game easier to play, and when you forcibly introduce idiotic content that the developers never intended, then you are indeed bastardizing and polluting that game. Pretending that you are instead "fixing it" is the absolute height of arrogance, Wesp.

But we knew that.  ;)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
WINDOWS 10 IS MALWARE

I just wanted to take this opportunity to warn ALL of you Windows 10 users that you should absolutely GET RID OF WINDOWS 10 and revert your system back to Windows 7 x64.

Not only is Windows 10 the slowest version of Windows ever created... which would be bad enough (especially for gamers), but it is also a malicious operating system which constantly spies on you and then quietly sends tons of your PERSONAL DATA back to Microsoft. Including keystrokes... which means that your credit card numbers, passwords and so forth are likewise sent back to MS as so-called "telemetrics." Yes, I am very serious and yes, this is really true.

In fact, there are dozens and dozens of nasty and downright evil aspects to Windows 10. It is indeed a massive and malicious piece of spyware. Is it any wonder that Microsoft has aggressively tried to bully everyone into installing Windows 10..? Think about it.

Still not convinced..? Then all of you should read this independent and highly informative article about the evils of Windows 10, over on AlterVista:

https://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

After reading that article, I sat here trying to understand why the execs at Microsoft are not in prison yet. It's really that bad.

I hope that article helps people to understand why I have refused to support anything having to do with Windows 10. I would much rather do the right thing... which is to urge people to completely remove Windows 10 from their computers and then revert your system back to an earlier version of Windows. In my considered opinion, your best option is to revert to either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows 7. I personally use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition on my gaming rig.

I can not stress this strongly enough... Windows 10 is an evil operating system, period. No... I don't wear a tinfoil hat. I've been building computers for several decades and I have never, ever seen a more malicious and invasive OS than Windows 10. It's so bad that, in my opinion, the people at Microsoft should be arrested and charged with criminal activities. Read the article that I've linked (above), and then see whether or not you agree.