Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Is Tessera Really An Asshole..?

Started by Tessera, June 01, 2016, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: noppera_bo on January 14, 2018, 09:52:20 AMMaybe if it was all around more realistic guns would be able to fit in without dominating playstyle, but options to balance them outside of directly nerfing them seem pretty limited given the source material. At least from my point of view.

Again, not implying such a change warrants being part of a "patch".

"I don't use guns much. They're noisy, they're clumsy, practically useless against vampires. But still, a Kindred's gotta keep up with the times and in modern day Los Angeles, that means comin' strapped."

~ Jack, from the VTMB tutorial

As we can see in the above quote, the player is informed right at the beginning of the game that guns are not all that useful to a vampire.

The way I see it, guns in VTMB are basically just an extra tool that you can employ in certain specific situations. Obviously, the devs never intended for a gun to be your primary weapon -- hence the above quote from Jack. It's nice to have a gun on those rare occasions when you absolutely must hit something at range... for example, the big fight against the spider chick down in the Hollywood sewers. But otherwise, your own vampiric abilities will be far more effective in pretty much every other situation.

A major problem with the folks over in Wesp's camp is that they have never understood that VTMB is NOT a first-person shooter game. The fact that it uses the same Source engine as Half-Life 2 is not an indication that VTMB is an FPS. There are several games built around the Source engine that are not shooter games... EverQuest II would be another example. But try telling that to Wesp.  ::)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera