Author Topic: Would you welcome a GOG un-unofficial wesp patch?  (Read 13139 times)

Drathian

Male
Re: Would you welcome a GOG un-unofficial wesp patch?
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 05:09:40 PM »
That vpk didn't even open on the steam version, the repacked/rearranged them all or trokia did (In their last dying edition) that steam has.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
What utility are you using to open the VPK's with..?

Later VPK utilities, such as the vpk.exe utility that most Source games have bundled into their \bin folder, will not work with the older VPK format that VTMB uses.

Try opening them using Turvy's VPK Tools. That handy little app was written specifically for VTMB and it works beautifully.

We should also take note that a couple of the VPK archives in VTMB are actually dummy archives... they're empty. They were probably put there by Troika to be "placeholders," for possible future updates and/or expansions (which sadly never happened).

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

pli

• Aspirant

Male
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
No no... if anyone is saying that we are "against" GoG or whatever... then no, that is false. On the whole, I like GoG.

But I -am- disappointed that they are selling a bastardized version of VTMB. I feel that doing it that way is simply wrong, because it prevents the end user (and buyer, in this case) from making their own choices... so far as which patches and mods they would prefer to install.

And yes, I would feel exactly the same way about it if it was the True Patch that they had bundled into their offering of VTMB. The only thing that they should be selling is the plain-vanilla version of the game, possibly pre-patched with the official 1.2 patch and NOTHING ELSE.

So yes... I would wholeheartedly endorse your effort to write an app that would utterly, totally and completely remove Wesp's sabotage... errr, I mean unofficial patch... from the GoG release, and revert it back to plain-vanilla. I'm all for it. If there is any way that I can assist you in that endeavor, then please do not hesitate to ask.

apparently there is a way of turning the GOG version with the unofficial patch back into the vanilla version

https://www.gog.com/forum/vampire_the_masquerade_series/vote_for_a_vanilla_v12_build_of_vtm_bloodlines/page1

see post No. 12

I hope you do not mind links

Ratcatcher

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
And, after all this time, wesp is still insinuating that the TPG still has fixes that belong to him...  ::)
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 12:43:14 AM »
And, after all this time, wesp is still insinuating that the TPG still has fixes that belong to him...  ::)

Yah... and when challenged to submit proof of such ridiculous claims, Wesp has always tucked his tail between his legs and fled the scene. It's utter bullshit, and he knows it.

Furthermore, a third party named Schu thoroughly analyzed both patches... mine and Wesp's... several years ago. He found absolutely nothing within the TPG that even remotely resembled anything produced by Wesp. On the other hand, Schu -did- find a number of items within the files of Wesp's patch which seemed, on close examination, to be lifted directly from the True Patch Gold Edition. My work has been ripped off so many times over the years that I've frankly lost count. C'est la vie.

But anyway, I've sorta stopped caring about these issues. Life goes on. I've done my bit (and then some) for VTMB and now, I'm happy to just let it fade away into the night.

Take a look at my new signature quote, for further enlightenment.  ;)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera