Author Topic: Stay the fuck away form Maker Studios (look at their TOS)  (Read 2759 times)

Cat

Stay the fuck away form Maker Studios (look at their TOS)
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »
Maker Studios ,which is shutting down and replacing Blip and is owned by Disney, has this in their TOS.

Basically it sounds like they get to own your video, anything like that video, and any info or material used to make that video.

perez007usa

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    I'm still outta here!!
Re: Stay the fuck away form Maker Studios (look at their TOS)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:23:29 AM »
It's come to a point, where I would just say, "So, what else is new" . Remember, these company's are out to get you no mater what. 
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Cat

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
It's come to a point, where I would just say, "So, what else is new" . Remember, these company's are out to get you no mater what. 

That's true.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »
I think you'll find that YouTube has more or less the same ToS.

It's really just a way for them to avoid having to pay royalties.

The simple cure for this is to do what I do: lease your own web site, host your own videos and then
protect them under a blanket copyright that covers all of the original content on your site.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera