Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Sony Online Entertainment downsizes

Started by Al2, September 03, 2013, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al2

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/soe-announcement.11500062680/

They have been neglecting Magic Gathering Tactics and now they downsize to focus on their new mmos.

What do you think of their message?

Tessera

What do I think..?

I think John Smedley has been running SOE into the ground for the past decade. That is what I think.

Companies don't downsize when they're making money -- companies downsize when they're losing money.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cat

Wonder who much longer before other companies wind up the same way.

Tessera

Not too long ago, SOE announced that Vanguard: Saga Of Heroes will be permanently shut down. I don't know the actual date, but it would appear that all of the predictions made by myself and others... back when Vanguard was still in beta, no less... have finally come to pass.

McQuaid, this is what happens when you continue to involve yourself with corporate cock-sucking parasites like John Smedley. And you were warned about this shit, back when Vanguard was still being beta tested. But did you listen to us..? No... why should you..? I mean, what the fuck do any of us mere players know about the business side of things, right..?

Wrong, you silly tin-plated nitwit. We saw this coming a mile away. And we told you so.

I was a member of the Vanguard beta community back then. You may remember my humorous "John Smedley Is A Babe Magnet" thread. Smed himself posted a couple of replies within that thread, as did you Brad. As I recall, McQuaid, you were very annoyed with me for posting it. And later on, when I started making polite but firm predictions of doom and gloom for Vanguard, inspired by your insanely irresponsible decision to jump back into bed with Smedley, I was banned for my trouble.

Are we learning yet..? The gushing fanboys are not the people you should be listening to, McQuaid. It's the crude, coarse, shoot-from-the-hip pricks like me who will usually give you the most honest feedback. Which I did. And I was right.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Ratcatcher

I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Shotgunner

They don't learn because they think their MBA from Harvard, Yale or any of those other prestigious collages seem to make them infallible, and like our government leaders, they view us as the unwashed masses who don't have a fucking clue.

Tess, as usual, was right.
Life is like a penis - when it's hard you get screwed, but when it's soft you can't beat it.