Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Which One Is Human?

Started by Tessera, February 12, 2022, 12:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Which Embryo Is Human?

Florida is trying to enact an abortion ban, in direct violation of Roe vs. Wade. Gee, what a surprise. Welcome to Gilead.

The so-called "pro-life" hypocrites are fond of saying that abortion is "baby killing." Well okay then, let's put them to the test.

The above montage consists of four different first trimester embryos. One of those embryos is a human embryo; the other three are not.

Your challenge is to tell us which one is the human embryo. I'll print the answers below, in a dark color. Try not to cheat and see if you can guess correctly.
It will be easier to see the answers if you drag your mouse over them, to highlight the text.

Notice that you can see right through the heads of those embryos. That's because, in the first trimester, an embryo doesn't have a developed brain yet.
It doesn't even have a skull yet. Just a bunch of veins, which you can see in a couple of those photos. Brains develop much later. Welcome to science.

And...

I think my point has been made. Embryos are not babies. An abortion ban is not only unscientific, it's also political suicide.

(1) dog
(2) human
(3) pig
(4) horse

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

Florida does something stupid, in other news, water is wet.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Drazgar

This whole PRO-LIFE bullshit is really getting out of hand around the world despite everything that was happening for decades now.

Poland as well, and to a growing degree - my country. What the hell is going on in this world? Are they afraid that robots aren't gonna pay much tax money and their beloved TRADITIONAL WORLD SYSTEM is going to shit on itself?

Also it gets especially stinky every time some nitwits bring this "you betray your country" and "whose gonna get you a GLASS OF WATER when you get old and start messing yourself" bullshit on a table. Every fucking time. Just one question, who is programming these meatbags around the world so their mental patterns become ridiculously same just about everywhere?

Tessera

Quote from: Drazgar on February 12, 2022, 08:01:02 AMAre they afraid that robots aren't gonna pay much tax money and their beloved TRADITIONAL WORLD SYSTEM is going to shit on itself?

I think it's a serious case of future shock.

We humans have made an astounding amount of technological progress, during the past 40 years. I think a growing number of people feel as if the world is turning into a place that they no longer recognize. They feel excluded... lost... unsettled and no longer in control. That's when they start pining for "the old days" and screaming for "traditional values." They want to return to a time when they felt more comfortable.

Well, that's when unscrupulous power mongers swoop in and try to take advantage of that growing insecurity. Look at Donald Trump. His famous campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again." The word "Again" is what is significant here. That slogan implies that there was once a time when America was great, and that we all need to discard the present and return to that time. It plays right into what I'm talking about here... a desire to somehow magically return to a simpler and more familiar past.

What about that word "Great?" It's a lie and a scam. I happen to belong to the same generation as Trump. For my entire life, I can't think of a time when America was "great," so I'm not sure which time period Trump is referring to. We had widespread social division and violence in the 1960's. We had Nixon and Watergate, runaway inflation, a tripling of fuel prices and gender inequality in the 1970's. We had Reaganomics, an explosion in homelessness, deregulation and a huge spike in corporate crime (that's probably what Trump is pining for), rapidly growing wealth inequality and a sudden increase in housing prices in the 1980's. Everything in America has been spiraling downward ever since, so I have no idea what Trump is referring to. Maybe his idea of "great" is wildly different from my idea of "great." Just because we're better than most other countries, that doesn't mean we're automatically "great." Root canal is better than having your leg amputated... but that doesn't mean root canal is "great."

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

Quote from: Drazgar on February 12, 2022, 08:01:02 AM
This whole PRO-LIFE bullshit is really getting out of hand around the world despite everything that was happening for decades now.

Poland as well, and to a growing degree - my country. What the hell is going on in this world? Are they afraid that robots aren't gonna pay much tax money and their beloved TRADITIONAL WORLD SYSTEM is going to shit on itself?

Also it gets especially stinky every time some nitwits bring this "you betray your country" and "whose gonna get you a GLASS OF WATER when you get old and start messing yourself" bullshit on a table. Every fucking time. Just one question, who is programming these meatbags around the world so their mental patterns become ridiculously same just about everywhere?

They don't seem to realize some people can't have kids ether because they can't afford it or they are too fucked to have kids.

QuoteI think it's a serious case of future shock.

We humans have made an astounding amount of technological progress, during the past 40 years. I think a growing number of people feel as if the world is turning into a place that they no longer recognize. They feel excluded... lost... unsettled and no longer in control. That's when they start pining for "the old days" and screaming for "traditional values." They want to return to a time when they felt more comfortable.

Well, that's when unscrupulous power mongers swoop in and try to take advantage of that growing insecurity. Look at Donald Trump. His famous campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again." The word "Again" is what is significant here. That slogan implies that there was once a time when America was great, and that we all need to discard the present and return to that time. It plays right into what I'm talking about here... a desire to somehow magically return to a simpler and more familiar past.

What about that word "Great?" It's a lie and a scam. I happen to belong to the same generation as Trump. For my entire life, I can't think of a time when America was "great," so I'm not sure which time period Trump is referring to. We had widespread social division and violence in the 1960's. We had Nixon and Watergate, runaway inflation, a tripling of fuel prices and gender inequality in the 1970's. We had Reaganomics, an explosion in homelessness, deregulation and a huge spike in corporate crime (that's probably what Trump is pining for), rapidly growing wealth inequality and a sudden increase in housing prices in the 1980's. Everything in America has been spiraling downward ever since, so I have no idea what Trump is referring to. Maybe his idea of "great" is wildly different from my idea of "great." Just because we're better than most other countries, that doesn't mean we're automatically "great." Root canal is better than having your leg amputated... but that doesn't mean root canal is "great."

I think people are just getting scared with how fucked up things are getting and need something to blame or to cling to.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.