Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248740 times)

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
I wish I had waited until I got your reply; I'll have to start over again.  Well, at least I made a copy of the installed game on my backup drive so I won't need to load the discs again.  It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though - too tired at this point.  Thanks; you've been patient with me.  

EDIT:  I believe I got the patch working - it says "Gold Edition" on the character creation page.  Question though, just to be sure before I continue.  The execution scene is the British version now, ie, no actual decapitation visible and I still see just emptiness when the vampires leave that meeting (seems way back with your vary earliest TPs, that was fixed) - is that the way it should be or do I still have problems? 

And yes, I downloaded a copy of your mega mod when I first returned to this forum.  I understand you don't support it (and I agree) so I won't ask about it but that will be my next step if you feel the patch is loaded correctly.  Then I'll tackle the widescreen issue - I may end up needing a little help with that as part of the instructions I don't feel comfortable with (my tech vocab is very limited - funny; I've been using computers since 1981 when I worked as a geophysicist until forced to retire due to health issues in 1999, even mastered a programming language (which is useless now - have you ever even heard of FORTRAN 77? :) ) but I still do not know what makes them tick.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:11:49 AM by caninelegion »
These biting remarks brought to you by Legio K-IX, King Icy I Commanding

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »
Regarding the decapitation scene... it isn't just the British version, it's EVERY version -- ever since the official 1.2 patch was released. Troika altered that scene, at the request of ActiVision. I have no idea why they insisted on changing it... but then, I have never understood half of the retarded things that ActiVision does. The only way to see the original decapitation scene nowadays is to install the original American 3-CD release of Bloodlines and DO NOT patch it. Then start the game and you may or may not see an actual decapitation. It appears to be somewhat random. But once you apply the official 1.2 patch (or the TPG, which has the 1.2 patch integrated into it), the decapitation scene will be censored. It's very stupid... but that's the way it is.

If you are seeing "Gold Edition" on the lower right corner of the character creation screen, then the TPG is indeed installed. To be doubly sure, go to Santa Monica and look on the side of the yellow dumpsters that are sitting in the alleyway next to the Asylum club. On the far right end (as seen from the front of the dumpsters), you will see "AT" scratched very faintly into the yellow paint of the dumpster, mixed in with a bunch of other graffiti. I made sure that it wasn't too obvious, so you may need to hunt for it a little bit. That "AT" graffiti stands for "Acrimonious and Tessera," and it indicates that the TPG has been correctly installed.

Since you are an existing Mega-Mod user and a board veteran, you can ask me for Mega-Mod support via private message. If you need any support, that is. But I am no longer publicly supporting that mod.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
Regarding the decapitation scene... it isn't just the British version, it's EVERY version -- ever since the official 1.2 patch was released. Troika altered that scene, at the request of ActiVision. I have no idea why they insisted on changing it... but then, I have never understood half of the retarded things that ActiVision does. The only way to see the original decapitation scene nowadays is to install the original American 3-CD release of Bloodlines and DO NOT patch it. Then start the game and you may or may not see an actual decapitation. It appears to be somewhat random. But once you apply the official 1.2 patch (or the TPG, which has the 1.2 patch integrated into it), the decapitation scene will be censored. It's very stupid... but that's the way it is.

If you are seeing "Gold Edition" on the lower right corner of the character creation screen, then the TPG is indeed installed. To be doubly sure, go to Santa Monica and look on the side of the yellow dumpsters that are sitting in the alleyway next to the Asylum club. On the far right end (as seen from the front of the dumpsters), you will see "AT" scratched very faintly into the yellow paint of the dumpster, mixed in with a bunch of other graffiti. I made sure that it wasn't too obvious, so you may need to hunt for it a little bit. That "AT" graffiti stands for "Acrimonious and Tessera," and it indicates that the TPG has been correctly installed.

Since you are an existing Mega-Mod user and a board veteran, you can ask me for Mega-Mod support via private message. If you need any support, that is. But I am no longer publicly supporting that mod.

Thanks!  I will have one extremely basic question to ask on the mega mod but, as for the gold patch, I assumed the hot patch was automatic and I don't have to load that separately; true, right? 

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2013, 10:39:43 PM »
Once again:

The TPG is the only patch you need.

Install the game, and then install the most recent version of the TPG.
That's it -- no other patches are required. The TPG does it all.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

dexter19

• Accolyte

Male
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2013, 05:13:40 AM »
thanks i install in our group this mod and it looks awesome! :o thanks again and so why in one readme you write that need to install patch 1.2 and in one other you simply say only to reinstall and paste all???
Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That\\\'s impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you\\\'ll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
<br

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2013, 06:31:13 AM »
Because the ReadMe that tells people to install the 1.2 patch first is older... it comes from way back in 2007, when I released version 5.04 AT.

But the current version of the True Patch... the Gold Edition... has had the official 1.2 patch incorporated into it. So it is no longer necessary to install any other patches. The TPG does EVERYTHING all by itself.

Now... will it do any HARM to install the official 1.2 patch first..? No, it will not do any harm. It will simply be redundant and a waste of your time... because when you install the TPG, it will completely overwrite and replace all of the stuff that the 1.2 patch installs.

So do we all understand now..? You do not need to install the official 1.2 patch if you are installing the True Patch Gold Edition. Absolutely everything that is contained within the official 1.2 patch is likewise contained within the TPG. All of it. Every last bit.

8)

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
Well, everything went well - gold and mega mod loaded fine.  Used the utility for widescreen resolution.  Now I get this:  "engine error:  could not load cl_dlls\GameUI.dll".  Anyone know how to rectify the situation?  My screen uses standard widescreen (res = 1920:1080).  Only thing that looked different was the file specified had a small "g" rather then the capital "G" in the error message. 

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
When you used the Res-Patcher utility, did you place it into the same folder as the engine.dll file before using it..?

And when you used the Re-patcher utility, did you select the correct widescreen ratio before you hit the patch button..? In your case, the correct ratio to select is 16:9.

And after you used the Res-Patcher utility, did you add the following switches to the end of the command line that launches VTMB..? In your desktop shortcut..?

-w 1920 -h 1080

(Note that the actual values of those switches will depend upon your actual desktop resolution. In this particular case, those are the correct numbers.)

Failure to do any of the above steps correctly will lead to engine errors.

If you screwed up with the Res-Patcher, then no worries... just run it again... CAREFULLY this time.  :P

Now then, I have a really good suggestion for ALL users of the True Patch, as well as any users of my various mods...

READ THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU DO A SINGLE GODDAMNED THING.

It's such a simple concept, really...

There's a reason why I sit up at night, writing out all of those "ReadMe_NOW.txt" files that I include within ALL of my work. It's so people will read those instructions and then know what the fuck they are doing, before they actually install anything. It's... ya know... the intelligent way of doing things.

::)

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2013, 01:58:45 PM »
I did all of that sept the last part - I'll look again, but all I remember reading in the "read me" file was to open the game after changing the numbers, ie, I thought I remembered something about that from a prior post but not in the "read me".  If I missed it (or if it isn't there), I'll let you know.  Likely I missed it, though - happens far too often when following instructions with me (Gulf War Syndrome manifests itself in strange ways, sometimes).  

EDIT:  OK, it really isn't in the "read me" - probably should be added to it.  It IS however, at the top of this page - that's where I thought I remembered it from but not seeing anything in the "read me", I thought my mind was playing tricks on me again.   My bad.  Anyway, I made the change and have absolute confidence that all will be well now.  Again, thanks.  I've learned the hard way that I can be trying and I appreciate your patience.  

EDIT2:  I don't know what I'm missing - it seems easy enough but it still won't open the engine.  Guess I'll have to delete the engine dll and replace it with the back up and run it as 5/4 using NVIDIA controls.  The only thing I can think of is that the -w/-h commands need to be before the heapsize command.  Guess I can try that first.  

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:54:57 PM by caninelegion »

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »
There is a separate readme for the Res-Patcher, located in the same folder as the Res-Patcher.

The order of the command line switches is unimportant, so long as all of them are located AFTER the actual command that launches the game.

There are something like 12,000 people worldwide who are using the TPG without having any problems with it. So if you are continuing to have problems, then you are almost certainly doing one or more things wrong. Occam's Razor, dude. If 12,000 people are having no trouble, but one person is... then what is the most likely explanation..? A bad patch..? Bad instructions..? Or user error..?

Anyway, since you have told me what your desktop resolution is, and since you have told me that you are also a Mega-Mod user, then the command line within your VTMB shortcut should look like this:

"X:\VTMB\vampire.exe" -console  -heapsize 800000 -w 1920 -h 1080

Note that you will need to replace the "X:\VTMB" part with the actual drive letter and folder name of your own VTMB installation.

None of this is rocket science, dude. If you do everything carefully, and do everything in the correct order, and follow my instructions... not somebody else's instructions, nor your own personal idea of how it should be done, but MY instructions ONLY... then everything should be working as intended.

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »
I think I've said at least six times that the problem is with me.   Where did you get the idea that I blamed the patch?  Oh well, let's try another angle as I typed in exactly what you had above and it didn't work.  Maybe its the name of my execute file that is the issue.  Here is what the target is when I create a new shortcut:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire-bloodlines.exe".  This is what I modified it to:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire-bloodlines.exe" -console -heapsize 800000 -w 1920 -h 1080.  "Start in" I didn't change.  It reads:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vampire - Bloodlines".  Also, the dll that won't open is not a part of the engine dll.  Its in a completely different folder:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampie\cll_dlls\gameui.dll.  There is only one other file there:  client.dll.  I did change the "0" to a "1" as instructed wherever it was you told me to do that prior.  I can't believe I made the mistake with the utility file - its just too simple.  It won't open unless within the "bin" file and there are only two options, "normal widescreen" and "16:10".  It must be something in the shortcut command line that a computer idiot could overlook.  

Now, the issue of the "read me" file.  here is the end of it:  

(4) You will see all of the different new resolutions displayed above those
buttons, and if you are sure that the values being displayed are compatible
with your widescreen monitor, then go ahead and click the large button
labeled "Patch it!" in order to permanently modify VTMB's engine.dll file.

(5) When you next play the game, its screen resolution will be be maxxed out
for your widescreen display. It really will take your breat away, if you have
never seen how good VTMB can look when it is being rendered in true widescreen.

------------------------
VTMB Res-Patcher utility was created by pirapira.

These instructions were written by Tessera, for the True VTMB Patch GOLD Edition.

Please tell me where it says to modify the shortcut.  As I said, it'd be a good idea to add that as it might (providing people read it) save you a few headaches.  Really, I didn't selectively cut and paste; its really not there!  

I do appreciate your help with this.  I think some eight years ago when you first helped me with some Bloodlines problem (that was at Vampire Planet) I was impressed at how quick you (and Acrimonious) were to offer help and how complete that help was.  That has not changed.  I know only too well how frustrating it is dealing with me and if you think you're frustrated, it pales at how frustrated I am with myself.  I mean, this is someone with a BS in Geology, a BS in Meteorology, and an MS in Geophysics and I can no longer even follow simple, well written instructions.  Well, I'm venting now; I apologize.  

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
I think I've said at least six times that the problem is with me.

Okay... and if the problem is with you, then how do you want ME to fix YOU..?  :P

All I can do is tell people the correct way to do things. But if they still keep having trouble,
even after I've explained it six different ways, then I'm done. I can't do any more to help you.

I'm known for being a very helpful guy on this board. But this thread is devoted to issues with the True Patch Gold Edition. It was never meant to be a primer on how to use a Windows computer properly. We have other topics on this board that are devoted to such things. And that is why you are sensing a bit of irritation on my end of this exchange. It's gotten to the point where we're cluttering up the TPG thread with issues that... quite frankly... do not belong here.

Your problems seem to be arising from a general lack of aptitude when it comes to using a Windows-based computer properly. So my suggestion would be to become better acquainted with your computer and its operating system.

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
No, the problem is that I have Gulf war Syndrome.  Its no biggy.  If I can't get it to work then I can't get it to work.  I can deal with not playing the game for the six hundreth time.  I was just curious about what fine things you had done.  Besides, I have a genius nephew who will be able to explain it to me as he has much patience.  Thanks as you certainly gave it a good effort.  

And if you can fix me, then have at it.  The VA doctors gave up and said I'd just have to accept the new me.  But then, that government run healthcare so what can one expect? 

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2013, 05:46:11 AM »
YEEHAAA!  My nephew got it to work and I've been playing widescreen (that was the only issue - I had the TP and MM working all the while) all night.  He had a huge advantage - he took control of my computer remotely - but as it turns out, what I did was to somehow make a second application file (Vampire-Bloodlines - my backup of the mod and TP loaded game had both) which didn't work.  Put in the Vampre application file, routed to that one, and voila!  The simplest, stupidest, hardest things to notice seem to be the cause of so many problems.  Anyway, the mod was well worth waiting for.  Why, even stodgy old Strauss has loosened up!

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about -- but it doesn't matter.  :laugh:

Some words of sage advice...

Now that you (and your nephew) finally figured out what your problem was... and now that everything is working properly for you... don't forget to make a new backup copy of your entire VTMB installation. Use WinRAR to compress it into a couple of 4 GB chunks and then burn it to a couple of DVD's, or whatever. That way, you won't need to go through any of this confusion again in the future.

caninelegion

• Berserker

Male
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about -- but it doesn't matter.  :laugh:

Some words of sage advice...

Now that you (and your nephew) finally figured out what your problem was... and now that everything is working properly for you... don't forget to make a new backup copy of your entire VTMB installation. Use WinRAR to compress it into a couple of 4 GB chunks and then burn it to a couple of DVD's, or whatever. That way, you won't need to go through any of this confusion again in the future.

I was so happy, I forgot (thanks!).  I express myself about as well as Malkavian in a dental exam.  :)

Tommy6860

« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
Stumbled upon this forum (love it by the way) and found this patch for VTMB, probably the best RPG I have ever played. I was using WESP's patches for a time and they worked fairly well, until the last 4 releases. I'd get very odd graphical anomalies during gameplay that just annoyed me. Like electric wires  doing a type of spaghetti rag-doll effect (for want of a better description). Or certain quests would fail using a particular clan. Like Nosferatu, I would get a crash after completing the Italian Dinner quest, but not being a Malkavian; I couldn't finsh that play-through after spending about 15 hours getting there, grrrr!.  So, I used your patch, and it works awesome. No graphical anomalies and the quests finished properly. Now I can start a new game using the two clans I have not played yet. Thanks for the hard work on this, it is greatly appreciated! <3   :-X

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Well first of all, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the game again, now that you're using the best patch for it.  ;)

Secondly, please add your correct age and gender to your Forum profile immediately, lest you risk having your account automatically deleted. All of our members are required to do this.

I was using WESP's patches for a time and they worked fairly well, until the last 4 releases. I'd get very odd graphical anomalies during gameplay that just annoyed me. Like electric wires  doing a type of spaghetti rag-doll effect (for want of a better description).

Yah... Wesp's "patch" is pretty awful. And you're making the same complaints about Wesp and his "patch" that we've heard a million times before. That issue with the wires, for example. That's yet another ugly bug that Wesp himself added to the game. Wesp had the hair-brained notion that some of the wires on the various telephone poles needed to be "fixed." There was actually nothing wrong with them... but regardless, Wesp decided to pad out his horrible and amateurishly constructed "patch" a few years ago, by making changes to those wires. And they've been malfunctioning ever since.

There are numerous other examples of things that Wesp has broken in Bloodlines. It no doubt explains why so many VTMB players have "defected" away from Wesp and his nonsense and moved over to the True Patch Gold Edition. It's good to see... and I'm glad that I've been able to help everyone to enjoy a smooth, rock-solid gaming experience without bugs -and- without making silly and unnecessary changes to the original gameplay. The TPG represents what every good third-party patch should be: something well-constructed, which improves the game by fixing as many bugs as possible... and NOT making arbitrary changes to the rest of the game.

As for Wesp, he has actually added more bugs to VTMB over the years than he has managed to fix. Fortunately, we all have a very nice alternative. The True Patch has never added a single new bug to Bloodlines and it never will. That's a promise. 8)