Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248722 times)

DarkOne87

Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK (NEW!)
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »
Downloaded this earlier, always enjoyed VTMB, and since I deleted wow I have enough space to install it again. I'm going to go ahead and assume, based on the rave reviews, that the TPG is well deserving of a large thank you.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
You are very welcome... and I hope the quality of the TPG meets your expectations.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Drak

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »
Just wanted to ask if this patch allows for the option to save heather later on in the game while keeping her a a ghoul not sure where to look to see if this is the case.

Thank you for the Great the work truly appreciate it.

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

• Enemy of the corporate state.

Male
  • Personal Text
    The longer we wait, the worse it gets.
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
...the option to save heather later on in the game while keeping her a a ghoul...

That belongs in a MOD, not a patch, since that option is not available in the original game. If you fail to release Heather before her third drink of blood - which results in a "blood bond" - she dies. End of story. It's about making choices and dealing with their consequences, whether intended or not. The TPG is about fixing bugs and NOT about introducing changes to the gameplay or content. ;)
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Drak

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »
Thank you for the quick answer.

pitkir

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
Thanks for great work.

Stranger

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 08:27:13 AM »
First of all, I want to thank you for your effort. I really appreciate your hard work on makin' this awesome game better.

Some time ago, I used patch from... another guy... But even due to the quantity of versions he made, I understand that the number of problems he solved and problems he brought are equall. Well, I lied. It takes me 3 or 4 f***** up saves to understand it completely. I don't understand people that trying to change some things in game that are already working rather good. Don't touch it for the God sake!

So thank you again. And that's a pity, that your patch is rather hard to find among others. At least on my country comunities.

Now, let me get to the point. My monitor has problems on 75 frequency (this problem is everywhere, where 75, so don't bother yourself with it) and I have no idea how to change it to 60 in VTMB. My resolution is 1280*1024 btw, so after installing your patch I have changed resolution in VTMBrespatcher (was included in your patch), because it was 1280*760 by default or something like that. Unfortunately, I can't remember if vanilla game had same problem, maybe 60 was default.

I'd be grateful for some feedback.

From Russia, Saint Petersburg, with love. Hope u won't find my post too сommunist lol.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »
First of all, I want to thank you for your effort. I really appreciate your hard work on makin' this awesome game better.

You are most welcome.  8)

My monitor has problems on 75 frequency and I have no idea how to change it to 60 in VTMB.

No problem. Add the following line to the end of your autoexec.cfg file...

fps_max "60"

You will find the autoexec.cfg file within your VTMB\Vampire\cfg folder.
Just open it up and edit it with Notepad, or any other simple text editor.

Adding that line will force the Source engine to cap its frame rate at 60 fps.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Stranger

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »
Lol sorry, I meant refresh rate.  Finally realise it.
I'm not good with technical terms. Sorry 'bout that. So the question is still open.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:21 PM »
Same answer.

Stranger

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
Same answer.
Well, sorry for wasting your time. Finally, I can enjoy the game.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »
You didn't waste my time. That's what I'm here for.  ;D

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
Looks like we've been mentioned on the official Valve Developer's site...

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Vampire_The_Masquerade_-_Bloodlines#Playability

8)

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
That is cool, though the page could use a little more info about the game.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
I agree, although it's not the Wikipedia. It's a developer's site that is primarily dedicated
to the technical aspects of the Source engine itself... and not to any particular games.

During the production of the True Patch Gold Edition... as well as my VTMB Mega-Mod...
I practically haunted that site. It's a gold mine of Source engine info for modders.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »
*** TPG OPTIONAL UPDATE #7 ***

I am releasing an optional, non-critical engine update for True Patch Gold users.

This update is for those of you who are playing Bloodlines on a 64-bit computer. It consists of a single file... the "vampire.exe" file. Once again, I have altered the main executable of Bloodlines, in order to make it work better with 64-bit operating systems. NOTE: if you are not playing Bloodlines on a 64-bit computer, then this update will not be of any use to you. This update will ONLY be of benefit to 64-bit users.

By installing this update, you will enable the Bloodlines engine to make better use of system RAM on 64-bit computers. Aside from making the game run faster and more efficiently, this update will also allow you to increase the "-heapsize" command line switch, in order to allocate much larger amounts of cache RAM than the original engine would allow. This in turn will help the game run even smoother on 64-bit systems, with less stuttering and also, with less random crashes (particularly on Windows 7 x64 systems).

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.tessmage.com/tpg/TPG_update7_x64_vampire.zip

OPTIONAL UPDATE #7 -- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

(1) First, locate your existing vampire.exe file and rename it vampire.exe.bak so that you have a backup copy (for safety).

(2) Download this update and then unzip it to a neutral location on your hard drive (any temporary folder will do nicely).

(3) Copy the vampire.exe file from this update and then paste it into your main VTMB folder. It will thus replace the original vampire.exe file.

(4) Play the game. Everything should now work perfectly on 64-bit computers.

---------------------------------------------------

OPTIONAL -- INCREASE YOUR GLOBAL HEAP SIZE

(1) Right-click on your desktop shortcut for VTMB and select "Properties."

(2) In the command line ("Target") window, add the following switch to the end of the command line (if you have not already done so)...

-heapsize 800000

The above command line switch will allocate 800 megabytes of additional cache RAM to VTMB's memory pool, whenever you launch the game. You can experiment with higher amounts of RAM if you want to, but in practice I have found that there is no particular benefit to setting up a RAM cache much larger than 800 megabytes. As a matter of fact, making the RAM cache too large can actually SLOW DOWN the game at times, so my advice would be to keep the "-heapsize" number to anywhere between 384000 to 800000. You may wish to experiment with different values, in order to determine whether or not you are getting any significant increase in VTMB's performance.

Note that the number after the "-heapsize" switch refers to how many kilobytes of RAM. Thus a figure of "800000" is actually 800 megabytes.

---------------------------------------------------

WHAT THIS UPDATE DOES:

By modifying the vampire.exe file, the game engine will now be "more aware" of 64-bit systems which have more than 4 GB's of system RAM installed. This should give the game more stability and better performance on 64-bit systems. It is also possible that this update will allow the game engine to make better use of multiple CPU's on dual-core, quad-core (and higher) computers.

This update is fully compatible with all versions of the True Patch Gold Edition... past and present. It may not be compatible with other versions of Bloodlines, however. If you are not a True Patch user and if you are not playing the game on a 64-bit computer, then you are advised NOT to download this update.

Enjoy.  8)

- Tessera -

...now let's see how long it takes Wesp to steal this one from us.

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »
Thanks for the latest update Tess  8) I'll give it a run this weekend.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Christof-R

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
thanks a ton :)