Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248728 times)

Cylnar

• Global Moderator
  • Leviathan

• Enemy of the corporate state.

Male
  • Personal Text
    The longer we wait, the worse it gets.
Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK (NEW!)
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »
I think that misspelling is deliberate. The email is obviously written by a moron. ;)
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Prisoner416

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »
Oh hey, if we're doing grammar/misspelling, I could do a whole slew for you. I am VERY picky regarding these, I can play through the entire game looking for them if you can use the fixes.

Zoli

• Accolyte

Male
  • Personal Text
    Back-alley Pirate
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
I consider that my job is to report typos; if that particular typo is legitimate or not, isn't my decision ;) . And is better to know about the possible typos and bugs, than not.

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
Oh hey, if we're doing grammar/misspelling, I could do a whole slew for you. I am VERY picky regarding these, I can play through the entire game looking for them if you can use the fixes.

As Cylnar pointed out, there are grammar errors and misspelled words that were put in to the game on purpose. So we need to be careful about reporting those to Tessera.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »
Typo: hoetl  instead of hotel
Location: e-mail #1 in Simon Milligan apartment, apt1 Skyline Apartments, Downtown LA
VtMB: CD(not DVD or steam) version
Patch level: Official patch 1.2 and TPG with Hotfix #6(one previous to the present one); some mods included in the TPG are installed
Player: Brujah, clan histories enabled

Thank you for your report, Zoli.  :)

However, I do not consider this item to be a bug. The misspellings within that e-mail are no doubt deliberate.

The fact that there are other misspellings in that particular computer entry, such as "!1" and "greated" and "evar,"
would indicate that Troika were making fun of the illiterate way in which many people communicate on the web.

Hence the deliberate typos and misspellings contained within that particular computer entry.

VERDICT: Report is in error. No Bug Exists. Typo was deliberate.

I consider that my job is to report typos; if that particular typo is legitimate or not, isn't my decision ;) . And is better to know about the possible typos and bugs, than not.

This is absolutely true and I appreciate every single bug report that I receive. Just because I decide to reject
some of those reports, it doesn't mean that you should stop reporting them.

When in doubt, it is always better to report something that you think might be a bug. I will then investigate the
issue and make my own determination. In this particular case, I determined that the report is in error. But there
have been plenty of other times when the report was justified... and I did indeed follow up on it with a repair.

So keep those bug reports coming. There are almost no bugs left to report anymore, thanks to the TPG.
But there were so many bugs present in plain-vanilla VTMB that there may very well be a few obscure
bugs here and there that we still haven't discovered.

PS -- I noticed in your report that it says:

"Patch level: Official patch 1.2 and TPG with Hotfix #6"

Just a reminder to everyone: the official 1.2 patch is not required for TPG users. All of the repairs found within the
official 1.2 patch are already bundled into the TPG. Hence the TPG is the only patch that you will require. Install the
game itself, then install the TPG and everything will be taken care of with a single patch.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Prisoner416

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
If Tess can recommend a method to read the script files, I would be more then happy to go error hunting.

So far I've got a collection of 30 screenshots of spelling errors or speech omissions.

The omissions are cases where just looking at the script won't work, as things are said in the audio that aren't written in the caption, or questions have periods, or such.

The most popular error seems to be the usage of ellipses, either without spaces at the end, or really weird formation, like ".  .   ."

Others are typical (you're, your) mix-ups, extra spaces, missing commas, weird capitals, and the like.

I'll post some of them later.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
If Tess can recommend a method to read the script files, I would be more then happy to go error hunting.

All of the text-based files within VTMB are best dealt with using Notepad.

Yup... good old, simple Notepad. This is because all of those files are in basic ASCII text format.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Zoli

• Accolyte

Male
  • Personal Text
    Back-alley Pirate
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
PS -- I noticed in your report that it says:

"Patch level: Official patch 1.2 and TPG with Hotfix #6"

Just a reminder to everyone: the official 1.2 patch is not required for TPG users. All of the repairs found within the
official 1.2 patch are already bundled into the TPG. Hence the TPG is the only patch that you will require. Install the
game itself, then install the TPG and everything will be taken care of with a single patch.
Since you've "asked", here's my answer(I will try to keep as short as possible):
First time I've heard about VtMB just before Halloween last year; I've decided to give it a try: alt.binaries.games, official patch, gamecopyworld, etc.
Then I've read about the community patches: the UP came out first from a search. I've looked & read - conclusion: work in progress; if after seven fucking years you cannot make a stable release(which I was looking for), then count me out. I've read more, I've found the TPG. The discussions on the public part of the forum made me curious, so here I am.
In the end, I would like to thank to everybody(especially Tessera) for the past, present and future work & contribution to the TPG.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 11:50:34 PM »
Well, no harm done. If you had already installed the official 1.2 patch prior to installing the TPG, then it doesn't matter. It just means that the TPG will overwrite the previous patch, without causing any conflicts.

That's one of the nicest aspects of the TPG: it's overall stability. It doesn't make a bunch of arbitrary changes to the game, nor do we keep re-releasing a new version of it every second Tuesday -- so it is virtually conflict-free.

sensitivesoul

Can't find file :- s
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks for making the patch, :) am installing it now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:20:12 PM by Tessera »

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
You are very welcome.  8)

Sorry I had to edit your post... that dark blue font
was too difficult for my aging eyeballs to read.

beetle

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    El Diablo Pollo
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
The download link on the download page gives a page not found error.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Ooops... sorry. I did a server upgrade yesterday and I forgot to move a couple of things.

It's working fine now. Thanks, beetle.

beetle

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    El Diablo Pollo
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
No problem and thank you.  8)
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

jas234

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
sorry but im noob with this....

what this mod realy do??

skins?? animations??? :S

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
This isn't a mod -- it's a bug-fixes-only patch.

You're posting in the wrong thread. I think you mean my VTMB Mega-Mod.

kurtis64

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
This isn't a mod -- it's a bug-fixes-only patch.
Fortunately. The only Bloodlines mods that I stand are the texture mods.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
Try the Mega-Mod. It's fun and it doesn't violate canon.

But this is the wrong thread for mod discussions. As I said -- the True Patch is not a mod. Not even remotely.