gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

gfx gfx
gfx
99550 Posts in 7599 Topics by 259 Members - Latest Member: emiru April 30, 2017, 08:13:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 100857 times)
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »

I'm still tweaking various settings, but here's a screenshot that should serve as a bit of a teaser, at least...

I'll explain what we're seeing here in a moment. For now, let's just look at this image. The left half of the image is showing the original, default VTMB graphics engine. The right half of the picture is showing the new DirectX 9 functions that I am adding to VTMB:

So what are we seeing here, in the above split-screen image..?

Well... for starters, the right side of the image shows much better contrast and color saturation. Also, take a close look at the masonry behind the character... the stone wall. On the left, the surface of the stones look rather plain and ordinary. Boring, even. But on the right side, the stones look noticeably more detailed. This is because the normal mapping for those textures is significantly enhanced... they actually look like they have a 3-dimensional surface.

If you look at my Malk, you can see that her flesh looks much smoother and more richly colored on the right side, as compared to her rather washed-out appearance on the left side. On the DX9 side, her skin looks nicer, her clothing looks more detailed, her right eye looks more distinct than her left eye, etc.

Because of the enhanced contrast that DX9 allows, the bright areas on the DX9 side look brighter, and the dark areas look darker. The body of my Malk, along with the stone masonry in the foreground of the image, both look brighter and sharper on the right (DX9) side of the screenshot. But if you look upwards a bit, at the ceiling inside of the parking garage behind her, you can see that the ceiling on the right (DX9) side looks darker than the ceiling on the left (DX8) side. So we aren't merely making everything brighter here... no, what we're doing is adding more accurate gradations of contrast, resulting in an overall scene which is sharper and more delineated.

I'm finding that this actually augments the "noir" look of VTMB in most areas of the game. Dark areas of the game look more detailed now... but they're still retaining their "creepy factor." The overall "dark and creepy" atmosphere of VTMB has been magnified a bit, in other words.

Lastly, look at the graphics for the Health and Blood Point indicators. Look closely at the decorative scroll work around each indicator. You can plainly see the difference between them... the DX9 side looks much more vivid and sharper as compared to the DX8 side.

I'll keep working on this and soon, I'll post a demo video in the members-only area of the board. The reason I need to post it there is because I play VTMB with my own Mega-Mod installed... which features a large amount of adult content. Therefore, I would prefer to post such things somewhere other than in a public area of the board. But for now, the above screenshot... which is very tame... should give everyone a good idea of what I'm striving for here.

“I don't care that they stole my ideas... I care that they don't have any ideas of their own”
― Nikola Tesla
Cylnar
Enemy of the corporate state.
Global Moderator
Leviathan

The longer we wait, the worse it gets.

« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2017, 05:55:04 AM »

Looks terrific. But we wouldn't expect anything less. Cool

Leave it to you to continue injecting new life into a game which was sadly virtually abandoned upon release (RIP Troika), and figuring out a way to make a creaky old graphics engine purr again. Grin

Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2017, 08:22:53 AM »

Looks terrific. But we wouldn't expect anything less. Cool

Basically, what we're doing here is forcing VTMB to use shader model 3.0 and a tweaked (by me) form of native anti-aliasing.

Shader 3.0 allows for such things as HDR and Bloom lighting effects, tangent-space normal mapping, color vibrance and luma sharpening, and so forth.

“I don't care that they stole my ideas... I care that they don't have any ideas of their own”
― Nikola Tesla
Edorf
Aspirant

« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »

Nice work, Tessera. I really appreciate the effort you have put into making the True Patch.
Looking forward to the new release.

Thumbs up!
rubinonthetable

« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »

Least I can go through a level grinding quest without any bugs and glitches hitting the fan, like the infamous Milligan bug during necromantic where the camera freezes and stuck in the bookcases

"If anything offends you, blame your parents because they raised a pussy"
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »

Least I can go through a level grinding quest without any bugs and glitches hitting the fan, like the infamous Milligan bug during necromantic where the camera freezes and stuck in the bookcases

As I recall, to fix that bug I had to change Milligan's position on the map slightly, as well as adding additional info (pathing) nodes for him to follow.

In fact, there were a lot of maps where I had to make similar adjustments, in order to get rid of pathing errors. The vanilla (un-patched) game is filled with crap like that.

― Nikola Tesla
shinigami86

« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »

Hi everyone.

I read the post of: The History Of The True Patch Series

I Have the versión GoG installed in the pc, but is instaled automaticaly with unnoficial patch.
My cuestión is: ¿Only need erase this carpet and later instaling the True patch?
or no exits manner of install the true patch whit this versión of game?

Waiting answer
Tessera
Texture Artist
Administrator
Leviathan

Sexaholic Sleazemuffin

« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »

I have no idea.  Undecided

My suggestion would be to contact GoG directly and tell them that you would prefer an un-patched ("plain vanilla") copy of Bloodlines.

If they are unable to help you, then ask them to refund your money.

― Nikola Tesla
shinigami86

« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

Im sorry.

I find one copy of the old Vanilla versión recorded in cd in ancient times in my house.
I intall the game. Later I put the True Patch Gold Edition (In correct direction).
But now, the problem is that when press New Game (Crahs to desktòp)

Now seeing your answers Tessera, im have win 10 and the version of the game.

Yours work is awesome and without it no can finish the game.
But now have the answer for why some people give support to the miserable gog version.

Is one lost no can enjoy the game if I not install another system than a secondary and my pc no have internal space in hard drive. (Is only 2,50) i believe.
But thank,s for all

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:12:00 PM by shinigami86 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx