Author Topic: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK  (Read 248724 times)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
Re: True Patch Gold Edition -- DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 02:38:29 AM »
...I made it significantly farther into the story before the no zoning thing happened again, (after I got the Astrolite from the pier and went back into mercio's apartment.)

I tried upping the heap size a bit, and I still seem to be stuck in the building. For the record, i'm not using any other mods.

This really is a strange issue.

Well in any case, this isn't a True Patch issue. :police:

Whatever problem you are having, it is something that is specific to your computer alone. I've never heard of anyone else having a problem like that, so your troubles might be coming from your operating system.

I'd look into things like your device drivers (newer drivers are not always better -- especially where older, pre-DirectX 11 games are concerned).

I would also look at any programs that you have running in the background and try shutting them off one at a time, to see if one of them might be causing problems. I have heard of certain Adobe services interfering with some games, for example. There may be something like that going on with your machine.

But this is a True Patch support thread... so I would prefer that we restrict the conversations within this thread to TPG issues only. We have other areas of the board that have been set aside for specific problems with specific games. Also, since you are using the VTMB Mega-Mod, we also have a thread devoted to that topic, too. I may not be offering the Mega-Mod anymore, but I do still support it. So if this turns out to be a Mega-Mod issue, then I recommend posting a follow-up over in the Mega-Mod thread.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful to you in -this- thread... but it's because I know for certain that the True Patch is not causing the problems that you've been experiencing.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Nicemods

« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »
Fair enough. You are kind enough to make and support these excellent mods/patch so i'll try fiddling with my drivers, background programs and whatever else I can think of to try and fix it so as not to waste your time.

If i'm still unable to figure it out by next week i'll post again in the appropriate thread.

Thanks for the suggestions!

perez007usa

• Leviathan

Male
  • Personal Text
    I'm still outta here!!
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
I don't know if this can be part of the problem games and what-nots. Just see what you are downloading, what apps are there, maybe your anti-virus is affecting it. The people here downloads everything what MS says, and they will come up with a mess and they come to me for help which I do help to get these rigs up and running right. Some apps that you are using says its a malware and won"t run it, some will say yes or no. Look into this. Your rig is yours to do what you want, not the other way around.  The TPG is the greatest program ever for VTMB.  Again just look into your background apps.  
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tschinsking

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

just bought the game via steam, and ind this place, and followed all the instructions, but when i when try to start a new game it crashes. I attached the crashlog,
maybe someone can help what goes wrong. I run it on Windows 8.1 64.bit.
Thanks

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:53 AM »
I run it on Windows 8.1

Bloodlines is not compatible with any version of Windows later than Windows 7. Neither is the True Patch. In fact, until the True Patch came along, VTMB wouldn't run on Windows 7, either.

My recommendation to all gamers... and not just for Bloodlines, but for pretty much every other game, too... is to install Windows XP or Windows 7 as a second operating system on your computer and then play all of your games there. Newer versions of Windows are terrible at running any games that are older than about 3-4 years, which of course includes Bloodlines (VTMB is an 11-year-old DirectX 8 game).

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Malkavian

« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've stumbled upon this place by a mere accident while searching on how to repair VTMB to function on my laptop. I have the exact same problem as
Tschinsking who previously posted the crash report. The game would start and when I press New Game, the game crashes. I also have Windows 8.1 64bit, but the funniest thing is that I had been playing the game on my laptop with said OS until August 2015. Then I stopped playing it, cause I moved to another game and completely forgot about VTMB. And today, for who knows what reason, I decided to play it. Turns out, I cannot. At first it gives me error ""Access denied - Please login with administrator privileges and try again" which is ridiculous as I'm logged as admin. In properties, I make sure it says allow administrative privileges, then the game won't start at all. Upon discovering this patch, I've reinstalled the game at least 3 times, hoping it would work. Installing this patch gave me hope as it starts the game nicely, and the moment I choose "new game" it crashes. I've placed Final Nights mod, and the same thing happens. In vanilla version and with mod. The moment I choose new game, it will crash.
Even if I choose to load old save file, it crashes. So I'm truly confused. According to google search, some people claim that this problem is because of some windows update that MS pushed awhile back. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm willing to take it under a consideration, as MS can screw up things for us customers.
The problem is pinpointing the culprit in updates, cause I haven't played the game since August 2015 and since that time, I had lots of windows updates installed. Not sure what to think or what to do. :c

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »
I'm sorry, but I am unable to help you.   :(

As I said earlier, I do not support any version of Windows later than Windows 7.

Alen

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2016, 01:14:41 AM »
Hi.I bought Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on Steam and applied your patch and I have a couple of questions: How can I change resolution to 1680x1050? In-game I have only two options:1280x720 and 1366x768.And why doesn't Steam count my play hours and I don't have any access to any Steam related features like screenshots within the game?

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2016, 03:06:19 AM »
Hi.I bought Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on Steam and applied your patch and I have a couple of questions: How can I change resolution to 1680x1050? In-game I have only two options:1280x720 and 1366x768.And why doesn't Steam count my play hours and I don't have any access to any Steam related features like screenshots within the game?

The True Patch is not meant to be used with Steam. As a matter of fact and as we have stated many, many times, VTM:Bloodlines itself is not compatible with Steam... hence its inability to use certain Steam features. It would be nice if the greedy jerks at Steam would tell this to people, but they don't -- because they want your money. Fortunately, this incompatibility issue can be remedied fairly easily...

After downloading Bloodlines from Steam, you MUST move the entire game out and away from your Steam folders and THEN install the True Patch Gold Edition. Full instructions on how to do this can be found in various threads on this board (including within the thread named "CRITICAL INFO: VTMB Is NOT Compatible With Steam"). And this procedure is not optional -- failure to move the game away from Steam can and WILL result in your game files becoming corrupted over time. Everyone who obtained their copy of Bloodlines from Steam MUST read that article, which can be found within this forum.

As for changing the resolution of the game, please follow the instructions included with the True Patch. Specifically, look for the information pertaining to the correct use of the VTMB ResPatcher utility which is included within the True Patch bundle.

Vampriso

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
I was wondering what all is included in this patch and is it compatible with the Dev0lved ENB mod?  Thank you for your replies.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
I have no idea whether or not the TPG is compatible with someone else's mod. You would have to ask the author directly.

Vvdc

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »
Hey Tess, love your mods.  Was a forum member before, but probably got deleted because of inactivity.

Anyway, I have a fix for the guys running Windows 8.1 x64 (haven't tested on Windows 10) that get the crash on New Game and wanted to contribute.

1. Open an elevated command prompt (cmd.exe run as admin)
2. sc config secdrv start= demand
3. sc start secdrv

Play the game, works so far with TPG and Mega-Mod for me.

Once done playing, "sc stop secdrv" in the command prompt.

Apparently Microsoft decided to introduce a patch to disabled secdrv service which was a protection method for older games.  Hence, the service isn't running, some older games can't be played.

Nothing to do with you patch or mods, just MS being MS.

Anyhow, cheers and thanks.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2016, 12:50:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip.

But I would be curious to know whether or not the same commands work for Windows 10 users.

I seriously doubt it... and here's why...

I've already stated this quite a few times, but let me say it again... in big letters this time:

VTMB WILL NOT RUN ON WINDOWS 10

Neither will lots of other pre-DirectX 11 games. MicroSlop, in their never-ending attempt to force PC gamers into buying X-Box gaming consoles, has seen fit to sabotage backward-compatibility support for older DirectX games in Windows 10.

Therefore, if you wish to play VTMB or ANY OTHER pre-DirectX 11 PC game, then you will have to UNINSTALL Windows 10 and roll your system back to an earlier, more gamer-friendly operating system (such as Windows 7 or Windows XP).

There are no other viable options at this time for Windows 10 users. If you are angry about this, then I suggest writing several hundred nasty letters to Microsoft.

hubadl

« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2016, 05:40:00 AM »
...I made it significantly farther into the story before the no zoning thing happened again, (after I got the Astrolite from the pier and went back into mercio's apartment.)

I tried upping the heap size a bit, and I still seem to be stuck in the building. For the record, i'm not using any other mods.

Well in any case, this isn't a True Patch issue. :police:

Whatever problem you are having, it is something that is specific to your computer alone. I've never heard of anyone else having a problem like that, so your troubles might be coming from your operating system.

I'd look into things like your device drivers (newer drivers are not always better -- especially where older, pre-DirectX 11 games are concerned).

I would also look at any programs that you have running in the background and try shutting them off one at a time, to see if one of them might be causing problems. I have heard of certain Adobe services interfering with some games, for example. There may be something like that going on with your machine.

But this is a True Patch support thread... so I would prefer that we restrict the conversations within this thread to TPG issues only. We have other areas of the board that have been set aside for specific problems with specific games. Also, since you are using the VTMB Mega-Mod, we also have a thread devoted to that topic, too. I may not be offering the Mega-Mod anymore, but I do still support it. So if this turns out to be a Mega-Mod issue, then I recommend posting a follow-up over in the Mega-Mod thread.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful to you in -this- thread... but it's because I know for certain that the True Patch is not causing the problems that you've been experiencing.

I have the exact same problem, getting stuck in mercurios appartment (or any houses). I tried it on Windows 7 and on Windows xp in a virtual machine. It also seems to work fine until i load a savegame. I have just installed the newest true patch.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
Please read the following article:

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=53139.msg25768#msg25768

Thanks and good luck.

hubadl

« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
Or not...

Well, the diner certainly doesn't crash anymore, and I made it significantly farther into the story before the no zoning thing happened again, (after I got the Astrolite from the pier and went back into mercio's apartment.)

dont know if you still need it, buti found a solution for me: try to copy the true patch again and overwrite all files. worked for me :) . after copying everything i loaded my savegame and could leave houses again ( and mercurio appeared on the beach, he wasnt there before).

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
dont know if you still need it, buti found a solution for me: try to copy the true patch again and overwrite all files. worked for me :) . after copying everything i loaded my savegame and could leave houses again ( and mercurio appeared on the beach, he wasnt there before).

Okay... but what this indicates is that the True Patch wasn't installed correctly the first time.  :-\

For all of this stuff to work properly, the following conditions MUST be met:

(1) You must be playing the legal, retail version of Vampire -- The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Not some pirated copy... not some foreign "translation" of the game... not a "pre-patched" version... but the legitimate, American English-speaking, retail version of Bloodlines. The True Patch has been fully tested with both the original 3-CD version of VTMB, as well as with the download-able version available from Steam. Other retail versions might work, too... so long as they meet the conditions that I have just specified.

(2) You must install the game correctly. Also, Steam users MUST move the entire game out and away from their Steam folders, prior to patching. Full instructions on how to do so (it's easy) can be found elsewhere within this forum.

(3) The True Patch Gold Edition must be obtained from THIS web site... and nowhere else. This is the only way to be certain that you are installing the correct, "official" and fully tested version of the True Patch. If you obtained your copy of the True Patch from anywhere other than the tessmage.com web site, then it is an ILLEGITIMATE copy of the True Patch... and I flatly refuse to support it.

(4) The True Patch must be installed correctly, as per the instructions included within the True Patch package. Deviating in any ways whatsoever from those instructions can and will result in a corrupted installation (and a malfunctioning game). Those written instructions MUST be followed to the letter.

(5) If you decide to install any additional mods for VTMB, then those mods MUST be installed AFTER you have installed the True Patch. Patch first -- mods second. Furthermore, those mods MUST be 100% True Patch compatible. If you are uncertain about the compatibility of a particular mod, then you should contact the author of that mod and ask him or her to verify whether or not their mod is 100% True Patch compatible. Naturally, all of my own VTMB mods are 100% True Patch compatible... but I can not vouch for the compatibility of mods produced by other authors.

(6) Lastly, you must be playing VTMB on the correct version of Windows. This means that you must be using Windows 7, Windows XP, or... for you living fossils out there... Windows 2000. This game will not run properly on ANY OTHER VERSIONS of Windows -- including Windows 10. The bottom line: Windows 7... whether it be the 32-bit or the 64-bit build... is the latest version of Windows which is compatible with this game.

SeduceMePlz

Male
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2016, 08:06:35 AM »
Question:

I've download twice with Firefox and once with Chrome from the link in the first post, and all three times the download has been reported as successful.  However, each time the file has been 186 megabytes.  The first post of this thread mentions that the file should be approximately 463 megabytes, and previous versions on other sites (moddb) list a file size of over 450 megabytes.

So... is there probably some problem on my end?  Or is the newest version here much smaller than previous versions?  Or was the file here accidentally truncated or missing files when it was posted?

The files look to be in place when I view the archive contents... but that size is just so far off... ?