Author Topic: Questions regarding patches.  (Read 31139 times)

Prisoner416

Re: Questions regarding patches.
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
...I love a lot of the cut Damsel dialog. Comparing the Prince to Nixon and a bunch of other political bits.

I did find it interesting she has a line "I'll send you an e-mail"... interesting.

Prisoner416

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »
Is there a good mirror for the gold patch? For some reason mine errors out at 99% download.

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
All you need to do is check the main page, there are 2 separate download locations.

http://www.filefront.com/17202358/True_Patch_Gold_FINAL.rar/ and

http://www.sailmaker.co.uk/vtmb/

You should always check the main page of a site, before hitting the forums, to see if there are any updates.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Prisoner416

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
All you need to do is check the main page, there are 2 separate download locations.

http://www.filefront.com/17202358/True_Patch_Gold_FINAL.rar/ and

http://www.sailmaker.co.uk/vtmb/

You should always check the main page of a site, before hitting the forums, to see if there are any updates.

Okay, so it's just Filefront being a dick as usual, then.

Running the True Patch now, miss a few things like giving Lily her items back and such. Overall, however, it's worth it.

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
Okay, so it's just Filefront being a dick as usual, then.

Glad to hear you got everything working OK.

Running the True Patch now, miss a few things like giving Lily her items back and such. Overall, however, it's worth it.

Too be honest, I think Troika left the picture of Lilly and her diary in your inventory, for a remembrance of you doing
something to help the less fortunate. It is a minor thing, but it could be modded in. I'll take a look if others show some
interest, because I'm not going to create a mod just for one person. Besides that it doesn't belong in a patch and it
isn't in the original files, it's just something Wesp made up, probably because the PV crowd asked for it.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes there Tessera.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 01:51:24 AM »
Without more facts, it is impossible to determine with certainty whether we end up keeping those items by design, or whether it is simply due to a missing script entry. Convincing arguments could be made either way.

With most quests, extraneous items automatically disappear from our inventory, once the related quests have been completed. But not always. Lily's quest would be one example in which the quest items remain after completion. The sewer key card from Act 3 would be another such example. And there are a few others.

Since the main goal of the True Patch is to fix LEGITIMATE bugs, and since there is no clear indication that these "leftover items" constitute a legitimate bug, I was forced to abide by our philosophy of "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it." Hence, the True Patch makes no changes to the related scripts in these cases. There is no compelling reason to do so.

Conclusion: as I have said many times around here, if the player desires what must be referred to as arbitrary changes in Bloodlines, then such changes belong in a mod -- not in a patch.

:police:

As for me personally, I have always considered those leftover items to be "keepsakes," as Schu has suggested. I just toss them into our desk drawer in Santa Monica, or into our foot locker in the Downtown haven, or stash them in the refrigerator... etc.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Prisoner416

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »
Keep in mind I wasn't suggesting you add it to your patch. Pretty much the only things I like are really minor, like the eyes (which I think someone said are part of another mod), the Skeltor/Damsel location, and some of the gun names.

I can easily do without these mods though. I was wondering how hard it would be to swap around icons or graphics. I was considering making a more plain version for the Jock Shot tape, simply the tape with a label on it.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »
I was wondering how hard it would be to swap around icons or graphics. I was considering making a more plain version for the Jock Shot tape, simply the tape with a label on it.

Well first of all, you can't just "swap around" the textures in a video game. Each texture corresponds to a specific 3-D model, and vice versa.

If you want to create some new textures as alternatives to the default versions, then you will need to learn how to create and/or modify Bloodlines textures. You can find the basic info on how to do such things up in the Mods section of this board. Not recommended for beginners.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Prisoner416

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »
I know you're going to hate this, but I'll ask anyway.

The Wesp mod has a texture for the Jock Shot tape, it's simply a VHS tape with the paper sticker label, reading "Jock Shot".

Is it possible to extract textures from his otherwise lackluster mod, and place them into a version fixed with your patch?

I personally like the K.I.S.S. principle when it comes to fixing things, and I prefer the simple label in game.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
The last thing in this world that I am going to do is advise people to use ANYTHING from Wesp's crappy mod.

You are free to do as you please. But ethically speaking, I can't help you with something like that.

My advice is to simply leave it alone. The Jock Shot tape looks fine the way it is.

We are living in the year 2012. But if breasts frighten you for some inexplicable reason, then I suggest
that you play some other game besides Bloodlines. It is an adult game and it features nudity. Period.

That is my final word on the subject, as I have already given this issue more than enough attention.

Prisoner416

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
Are there any comparison screenshots for the Hi-Resolution NPC Pack #1? Alos, a link to the eye patch would be nice. Finally purged my install, reinstalled, and am applying the True Patch now.

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
Sorry, but we don't have a link. Try using Google.

Prisoner416

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
Sorry, but we don't have a link. Try using Google.

Found comparisons for everything but Damsel (which was disappointing since she's my favorite, but I guess I'll have to install to see it). Looks intriguing, might skip over the Yukie skin but everything else seems to be top shelf.

Is the following the proper eye mod? There are a few of them and I want to make sure I have the right one.

http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/eye-replacer

Schu

• Leviathan

Male
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »
Yeah that looks like the right one.

MadVulcan

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Thank you for this patch, and for your commitment to keeping it available in the most comprehensive and updated form possible. However, I do have a question about "True_Patch_Gold_FINAL_with_Hotfix7": In the readme for the Hi-res NPCs pack 1, in the Extras / Optional Mods section, you mention "The characters included in this package are: Prince LaCroix, Damsel, Yukie, Mercurio and the Gargoyle. " I've been looking at the files and can't find any pertaining to Yukie. Is the readme wrong, are the files for her missing/moved elsewhere, or am I just looking at it wrong?

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
The ReadMe file is obsolete. I removed Yukie's custom skin from the TPG "Extras" package awhile back and forgot to update the readme accordingly.

Yukie's custom skin was moved over to being exclusive to my VTMB Mega-Mod, about a year or so ago.

MadVulcan

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »
The ReadMe file is obsolete. I removed Yukie's custom skin from the TPG "Extras" package awhile back and forgot to update the readme accordingly.

Yukie's custom skin was moved over to being exclusive to my VTMB Mega-Mod, about a year or so ago.
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

ccb

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »

It is really no different than the amount of material which ends up on the cutting room floor, during the editing of a typical motion picture. Troika deliberately cut great globs of stuff from the final version of Bloodlines and in most cases, I agree with their reasons for doing so.

How do you know their reasons?