Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

The new list: UP: List Of Mods/Changes Added To VTMB

Started by Schu, June 02, 2011, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schu

As far as his + version...anything go's, it's a mod after all. I mean come-on...I made a totally new bloodline for the game, and
look at the totally cool stuff Tess has made.

But I have some issues with the basic.

The hex-editing of the floats in the parking garage and the downtown hub, is a possible fix, but I don't know if it is because
of Wesps messing with the game, or if it was done to actually fix what Troika screwed up.

The fixed hacking Krimputer, has me confused, the Krimputer doesn't require hacking at all. It is a free-be, unless it is a
leftover form his + version.

Then there is the "Repaired bad clockhands in intro, bailbonds and observatory levels". I don't recall them being bad, unless
he is talking about them reading the same all the time. But none of the clocks change, if they did, then Troika would have had
to added a daylight timer.

It is nice seeing that DDlullu is back and active.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

kurtis64

Quote+Changed Gangrel warform to wolf version, thanks to RR_DF_RaptorRed.
WTF!? Now the warform of a vampire is a wolf? So what is the difference between a Gangrel (vampire) in warform and a Garou (werewolf)?

Jesus, this guy is crazy.

Cylnar

He's probably basing this mod off of Beckett's wolf form. :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Prisoner416

"Well, many people disliked the strange bat-hybrid warform of the Gangrel vamps, so some time ago RR_DF_RaptorRed changed this model to look like a wolf running on two legs. Now in 8.3 I replaced the usual warform with this improved model in the plus patch, but you will still fight the old warform on the roof with the Sheriff where it fits in very well !"

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

*** LINK REMOVED BY TESSERA ***

EDIT by Tessera: the link to that mod was removed, simply because I do not wish to use this web site to "advertise" mods produced by other modders that I do not personally approve of. People can always Google for it, if they really want to find such mods.

Prisoner416

Holy fuck people want to donate to Wesp now for his "wonderful work".

Quick, figure out the easiest, cheapest way for me to kill myself that doesn't involve firearms.

Tessera

Why do we even care..?   :P

None of us are stupid enough or unsophisticated enough to use -anything- produced
by that idiotic Nazi clown, so really... who gives a shit..?

Wesp has destroyed Bloodlines. That's old news. And if there are still people out there who
prefer to play Wesp's destroyed version instead of the Troika classic, then they can have it.

As for myself, the combination of the TPG and my Mega-Mod is all the entertainment that
I require from this particular game. No bugs -- no conflicts. It all fits together beautifully.

Your own mileage may vary, of course.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

kurtis64

The most hilarious thing is that Tessera was crucified in Planet-Vampire for doing exactly the same thing, LOL

How much hypocrisy in the world.

By the way, I didn't know that the gratuitous violations of the background are now also "improvements", LMAO.

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on September 12, 2012, 01:12:02 PM
The most hilarious thing is that Tessera was crucified in Planet-Vampire for doing exactly the same thing, LOL

But it isn't the exact same thing. Not at all. The major differences are...

(1) I was asking people for donations which were used to support this web site. That is a very real expense. I was not asking for money in exchange for the Mega-Mod... I was REWARDING people who contributed towards tessmage.com by giving them a FREE copy of the Mega-Mod in return.

(2) I have never, ever asked for.. nor will I ever accept... any money in exchange for the True Patch. Our patch has always been free to everyone. You don't even need to be a member of our Forums to get a copy, nor do you need to be a member of our Forums to obtain technical support for the True Patch.

So when you think about it, what Wesp is doing (by accepting money for his horrible "patch") is FAR WORSE than anything that I have ever done. In fact, I have never done anything bad AT ALL... I just asked people to consider donating, in exchange for the largest VTMB mod ever produced in this world. Wesp, on the other hand, has not only sabotaged this game beyond recognition, but he is actually expecting to be PAID for doing so..?

Whatever, man. More power to him. Thankfully, the rest of us have a very nice alternative: it's called the True Patch Gold Edition and it works better than ANY version of Wesp's garbage to date.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

perez007usa

Quote from: Tessera on September 12, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
Thankfully, the rest of us have a very nice alternative: it's called the True Patch Gold Edition and it works better than ANY version of Wesp's garbage to date.

Hear, Hear!
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Schu

Quote from: perez007usa on September 12, 2012, 05:48:00 PM
Thankfully, the rest of us have a very nice alternative: it's called the True Patch Gold Edition and it works better than ANY version of Wesp's garbage to date.

Hear, Hear!

Cheers to that.

Prisoner416

I maintain that it will sadly always be important, as long as new people are discovering the game.

These people need the info about the Wesp mods that the zealots will NOT volunteer. They need to know that there ARE choices that they can make, and WHY the choice is so important.

The main problem is not only the fact that Wesp already has a grip on the community due to being the first patch to come out, but the fact that he is extremely good at public relations. He and his followers are quite open and welcoming as long as you don't mention the True Patch.

To this end, I will be maintaining relations as well as I can, if only to get even one person to try the patch and find it's worth it.

Tessera

Quote from: Prisoner416 on September 13, 2012, 07:41:03 PM
I maintain that it will sadly always be important...

Not to me.

As I have said before -- I've already done my part. I've done MORE than my part.

I led the fight to give people an alternative to Wesp's crappy "patch," back in 2006.
A fight which exploded into quite a vicious battle between Wesp and myself.

I then teamed up with a very competent programmer named "Acrimonious" and
together, we started producing an alternative line of third-party patches for VTMB.
We named the result of our work "The True VTMB Patch, " in order to distinguish
it from the mods-masquerading-as-patches being produced by Werner Spahl.

Ultimately I produced the current and most comprehensive patch in the world,
the True Patch Gold Edition, entirely by myself. It is currently the finest quality
"bug-fixes-only" patch available for Bloodlines. That is a fact.

And throughout all of this time, I have hosted a private web site in order to disseminate
the True Patch and provide ongoing technical support for it. All at my own expense.

I have done far more than my part in all of this, ladies and gentlemen.

The current version of the True Patch has been downloaded literally thousands and
thousands of times, by VTMB players from all around the world. It is not at all
difficult to locate the True Patch, nor is it difficult to obtain a copy.

Far from being "obscure," the True Patch has enjoyed quite a sizable following ever
since version 5.04AT was released back in October of 2007... nearly five years ago.

I remain convinced that the most serious and mature Bloodlines players will seek out
the True Patch. And they have been doing exactly that... in ever increasing numbers
over the course of the past five years.

All is well, so far as I am concerned.  8)

kurtis64

Quote from: kurtis64 on September 12, 2012, 01:12:02 PM

But it isn't the exact same thing. Not at all. The major differences are...

(1) I was asking people for donations which were used to support this web site. That is a very real expense. I was not asking for money in exchange for the Mega-Mod... I was REWARDING people who contributed towards tessmage.com by giving them a FREE copy of the Mega-Mod in return.

(2) I have never, ever asked for.. nor will I ever accept... any money in exchange for the True Patch. Our patch has always been free to everyone. You don't even need to be a member of our Forums to get a copy, nor do you need to be a member of our Forums to obtain technical support for the True Patch.

So when you think about it, what Wesp is doing (by accepting money for his horrible "patch") is FAR WORSE than anything that I have ever done. In fact, I have never done anything bad AT ALL... I just asked people to consider donating, in exchange for the largest VTMB mod ever produced in this world. Wesp, on the other hand, has not only sabotaged this game beyond recognition, but he is actually expecting to be PAID for doing so..?

Whatever, man. More power to him. Thankfully, the rest of us have a very nice alternative: it's called the True Patch Gold Edition and it works better than ANY version of Wesp's garbage to date.
I understand. What happened was that this was interpreted in Planet-Vampire like: "Oh no, Tessera is charging money for his mod! Lucky to have our god Wesp to enjoy his divine work for free!"

Anyway, don't worry. They are just a bunch of spoiled children ... How they donate money for Wesp, stealing the credit cards of their parents? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tessera

Well... it's like I keep saying lately:

I think it is time for us to stop worrying about Wesp and the children that he surrounds himself with.

It's an old feud. And throughout the course of that feud, we have consistently proven our points. We've created the best patch for VTMB purists... we've maintained our moral high ground... and for the most part, we've demonstrated a far greater level of maturity and sophistication than any of the childish little clowns from Wesp's camp.

Bloodlines is just a video game... one of many that I play and enjoy. It's a game that has an understandably strong following here on tessmage.com, but it is by no means the ONLY game that we discuss around here. I'm saying that because I think it is important for all of us to maintain some sense of perspective.

I feel that it is high time that we just let this ancient feud die. We won -- they lost. They don't accept the fact of their loss, but that's exactly why it's pointless to even think about those "PV pee-wees" (as I call them) anymore. They don't get it... they're NEVER going to get it... so to hell with them. Just let them wallow in banality for the rest of their lives. It's obviously what they want... so then, it's exactly what they deserve.

I am very proud of the work that we've done, and I am equally proud of the True Patch community. I consider all of us to be winners -- because we've all stuck to the truth over the years, in spite of the baseless lies and derision, the numerous attempts at sabotage, and the ridiculous amount of peer pressure coming from Wesp's side. Despite all of their best efforts to behave like schoolyard bullies, and in spite of the fact that we have nowhere near the same level of publicity that Wesp currently enjoys, the True Patch has nevertheless quietly and steadily grown in popularity over the years. At present, its popularity amongst Bloodlines players is an an all-time high (based upon the total number of downloads per year).

So it's time to put our feet up, crack open a cold beer and celebrate our achievements... modest though they may be. We've definitely earned it.

At this late stage, those are my thoughts on the matter... for whatever they're worth.  8)

Schu

Quote from: Tessera on September 14, 2012, 04:36:38 PM
Well... it's like I keep saying lately:

I think it is time for us to stop worrying about Wesp and the children that he surrounds himself with.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I decided to no longer update the OP.

Simply put, I made our point.

If you want a bug free, and unmodified gaming experience, then use the TPG, and you can always add mods later, if you like.
If you don't care that someone is going to add new bugs every-time he updates (his indefinitely in beta mod) every 2 to 3
weeks, then use the UP...have fun getting it to work.

Tessera

Quote from: Schu on September 15, 2012, 03:16:08 PM
Simply put, I made our point.

Yes, you most certainly did.

And you made our point in the best way possible: by producing an exhaustive list of actual facts and figures... instead of relying upon an unsubstantiated string of lies and rhetoric, as Wesp has so notoriously done over the years. This entire thread... along with the older thread which preceded it... has conclusively proven that for the past six years, it has been Wesp who has been blatantly lying to people... not us.

This thread presents numerous and entirely accurate facts, all of which can be independently verified by anyone who cares to double-check it on their own. In fact, I have openly invited others to do so, on several occasions. We are not hiding anything. We are not misleading anyone. We are not simply spewing a bunch of prefabricated propaganda, the way Wesp and his groupies routinely spew. The actual facts are all right here... accurately presented in black and white.

From a purely moral standpoint, we have won the infamous "patch war." And we will continue to be the winners, until such time as Wesp or one of his acolytes can produce an accurate list of their own, which refutes and/or supersedes the facts from our own list.

Have a drink on me, Schu. You've earned it. The True Patch wins. ;D

Avocado

Jesus, man.
Tess, I'm only on page 3 of this thread so far, but man you are a saint.
A dirty pervy saint to be sure, but a saint none-the-less.

I would not have the patience to deal with all the "~Lydia" that you do.
While it saddens me that VtMB won't have you actively modding, I can't really say I blame you some days.
It means little from me having come so late to the party, but this high generation player thanks you again for all your work and patience.

Tessera