Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

McAfee lists tessmage.com as 100% safe.

Started by Tessera, January 11, 2009, 10:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

McAfee... the famous anti-virus company... has listed this website as being 100% safe for all users.

You can read their report about our tessmage.com website here:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/tessmage.com

I'm posting this because in the past, we've heard rumors of people downloading my mods from other websites (particularly from Russian and Asian sites) and then discovering some sort of virus or malware hidden within the file. I have no idea if any of those reports are true or not and to be honest, I really don't care. The reasons that I don't care are because (1) I have never authorized *any* other websites to host my mods and (2) I have *always* told everyone to download my mods directly from tessmage.com ONLY.

Here is what the McAfee Site Advisor has to say about downloads from tessmage.com:

Download tests for tessmage.com:

32 green (clean and safe) downloads

In our tests, we found downloads on this site were free of adware,
spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs.

So there you have it, folks. Always download my mods from this website. That way, you will always be assured of a completely clean and safe file. I can not and will not be held accountable for any problems that may be encountered with any unauthorized copies of my mods that were downloaded from any other websites. All of our downloads are hassle-free, so there is no excuse for downloading them from somewhere else. Furthermore, I would like to urge everyone who finds copies of my mods on another website to contact each of those sites directly, and ask them to immediately remove my mods from their server. Perhaps if enough people get on their backs about it, then maybe the owners of those sites will get the hint and stop ripping us off.

In any case, please stay safe... and always download my mods directly from tessmage.com. ;)

- Tessera -
Administrator

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Arandie

Nice... ESET NOD32 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus also say everything is clean - although I only have my personal testimony and a few screenshots to prove that. ;)

(Not that I would have suspected that this site had any viruses in the first place.)

mhurley1

Great news for the site Tess. In the year and a half I've been comeing here I have never had a problem with your downloads or with seeing or navigateing the website. It's great to hear a company like McAfee giving Tessmage a good name. Thanks for makeing this such a safe community for us all.  ;)

BloodyKidney

Thats pretty damn good new...wait you mean I can download stuff from tessmage? I must have read to many old posts then cause I thought there were no more downloads cause of server expenses.

exx

Safe for your computer, sure.  Safe for your mind...  that's a different story.

Nice work, Tess.

Tessera

We've also just been tested for site performance, by an independent testing organization.

Here's the general breakdown:

Not too shabby. I can live with a score of 91 out of 100.  8)

There are things which could be done to speed us up even further, but it would include having to compress (or even remove) most of the hi-res graphics images on our main index page and elsewhere. And I really don't want to do that, because those graphics are there to show people the quality of my artwork. Lowering their resolution just kinda rubs me the wrong way... so I'm not gonna do it. Nor do I have any interest in caching our static content with third-party accelerators.

So if you experience long load times on any of our pages due to the graphics, then my best advice is to get yourself a better ISP. I have the fastest internet in North America where I live, and our main page loads the first time within about 5 seconds for me... even with all of those huge, hi-res screenshots. It refreshes in much less than one second.

But yeah... we have about 6 megabytes of graphics data on our entry page and there's no question that it could bog down for anyone who has a shitty internet connection.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

perez007usa

"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Angel

All safe with trendmicro, AVG threatlabs and Norton safeweb too. Not that Norton approval  really makes much difference these days.

sahen

any psychological errors are your own problem. srsly though its good to see a clean site, thanks.

GrosTonio

Nice. It's good to have this kind of posts on your site. New member here and this reassures me  ;D

SlstcZro

As an IT person, sites that are deemed safe make my life a lot easier. Congrats on the notice!

Nothic

Improvable McAfee finds itself as a virus. 

Tessera

master388

Congrats on the clean site, but does anyone else notice how all of the antivirus programs people are mentioning in this thread are either bad, or broken? McAfee is so terrible they advertise with Adobe Flash, AVG is not worth the RAM it takes, Norton is so pointless that forums usually refer to it as the "Anti-Virus Virus", and ESET NOD32 came with my school computers, and therefore I don't have a lot of experience with it!

Tessera

We're not talking about an AV program here. We're talking about the entire company. McAfee will do a complete checkup on an entire web site, including tests of all files available for download and embedded links and so forth, and then post the results of their tests.

So far as AV programs go, this site has its own built-in AV software. This server runs on a Debian Linux operating system and the AV software that we use is called Clamshell. It's a very common server-side AV package.

I just wanted to clarify that for you.  8)