Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

PC Action Magazine Interviews Tessera

Started by Tessera, February 21, 2008, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steeal

Quote from: katy_kat on April 06, 2008, 05:52:07 AM
...and less of the "HURR, BOOBS" mentality favoured by overexcited boys.   

I resent that.  :P

gman169

Tess

You deserve the praise my friend!!!  ;D

Tessera

Quote from: Moraelda on April 06, 2008, 06:33:29 AM
I'm going to Germany for a month this summer.  Maybe I'll find a copy.   :P

If you have friends in Germany, then you had better tell them to buy you a copy right now, if you want one. It's the current issue and I would imagine that it's been selling like hotcakes. They included a DVD that holds a collection of nude mods within the issue of the magazine itself, so the sales may very well be higher than normal. You know what they say... sex sells.  ;)

My own mods are not on that DVD, because (as you will discover if you read the article) I politely declined to give my permission to include any of my work on their DVD. Instead, I agreed to having them mention tessmage.com in the article as the official source for all of my mods.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

ReApEr

What!! Why didn't anyone tell me? (Might be because I haven't been online for a while...) I will definitely get a copy by tomorrow!! If I can manage to get internet access I will asap give some info about the article in this thread (if noboby is against that).

By the way PC Games is one of the largest gameing-magazines in germany. So I think there will be a lot of people who will visit this site and maybe join the forum.

Hope I can be back soon.

steeal

ReApEr

Well I'm back! And I have the latest issue of PC Action right here.
So here is a short summary of the article. First some stats.  Polly got nearly a quarter of a page its the second largest (about 10 to 14 Centimeters thats nearly 3.75 to 4.75 inches)  picture in the article beside the one with the headline. Raven got roughly one eigth of a page (6.5 to 9.5 or 2.75 to 3.75). www.tessmage.com is mentioned twice. Tessera is the only modder actually quoted.

As katy_kat mentioned before the article is quite good and handles the topic seriuosly.

If anyone wants to, I could translate the complete text but that would take some time.

Quote from: steeal on April 06, 2008, 08:10:39 PM
Oooo buy me a copy!  :D

I'm not sure about the costs of shipping out of germany or the european union but the price of the magazine varies depending on which version you take. Mine cost 7,90 € thats more than $10 if I'm not wrong. So I don't know if it would make any sense to buy one of the magazines. But you could try to contact the publishing company or search on amazon.

Tessera

Quote from: ReApEr on April 07, 2008, 10:21:51 AM
If anyone wants to, I could translate the complete text but that would take some time.

I know it is a lot to ask, but if you did manage to find the time to do an accurate translation of the article for everyone, then that would be wonderful. Those of us who don't speak German (most of us don't) would very much appreciate an effort like that.  :)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

ReApEr

Okay! But remember it will take some time (university and stuff like that) and I won't be able to translate it literally because of the differences in grammar and word-meaning. So I will try to keep as close to the text as possible without changing the content.

Hope to get it done quickly.

Tessera

Quote from: ReApEr on April 07, 2008, 11:39:13 AM
Okay! But remember it will take some time (university and stuff like that) and I won't be able to translate it literally because of the differences in grammar and word-meaning. So I will try to keep as close to the text as possible without changing the content.

Hope to get it done quickly.

That would be most excellent... thank you..!  :)

steeal

I will pay $50 plus the price of the magazine and all shipping or extra charges to anyone who can ship me a copy (I live in the US).  Or 50 euros or whatever the fuck it is.

I looked on amazon, ebay and google and I am getting pissed off with no results!

Seriously, someone beam me up a copy.  We can do paypal or wire transfer or magic beans or anything I don't care.

Please. :)

Edits- in red.

Tessera

Why don't you try writing to them directly..?

There must be an address somewhere on their website.

steeal

Quote from: Tessera on April 07, 2008, 12:48:32 PM

I am impatient.  :P

But I guess I will have to try that if no one can find me a copy.

ReApEr

Ha got you there!! ;D
Here is my translation. I wasn't very easy and there are bumps and surly some mistakes but I think you will get the meaning. At some places I added notes like [bla]. Those don't belong to the original text.

So here we go:

Hooters, hooters, yum, yum, yum. Hooters, hooters on a girl that's dumb. With this Bundy-Credo, which Al Bundy teaches his son Bud, we can only agree in certian parts. The first part actually - since we respect women. Honestly! And because we also respect the secondary female sexual organs, we include some nude patches for some of your favorite games into this issue. Don't hesitate to pay homage to us if you like to. Refere to the chart on page 115 to see which mods there are. Even a module for Neverwinter Nights is included, with which the modders Soren and Dorte created adventure for adults. Best to try it yourself.

But where does man's affinity to the female breast originates from? One aspect surely lies within childhood. Babies feed on their mother's bust. As women later on get more interested in their own breasts, man lacking a rack [no negative meaning here] of them self begin to take stock with those of the female gender. Let's face it, they are smooth, they feel good and one [there is a pun in german here] can play with them. Finally we sorted that out. In most computer games on the contrary female breasts are scarce commodity. But what are modders there for? Even for the first 3D-adventure of Duke Nukem fans created a nude patch that made the female characters more revealing. As in the same year Lara Croft bounced across the screen, the hormones of pubescent boys overflowed. Their mission: Lara had to adventure unclothed. After all one can move more freely without a shirt. But by now there is a new trend to be felt, leading away from drooling boys, who want to see their protagonist in birthday suit [or maybe in the buff would be a better translation], aiming at a aesthetic and artistic illustration [display] of the unclothed female body. One of the best examples is the modder Tessera. "At the risk of sounding conceited, I think we can give me at least partial credit for that change in the modding scene.", he tells us. "My own nude mods have attempted to portray WOMEN... as a total package, not just as a dehumanized caricature that highlights some modder's favorite female body parts. I think that my work has embarrassed many other modders and that those now try to create work of higher quality." By the way the modder actually gets his inspiration in nature. "I often have a live model posing for me. Additionally my own erotic fantasies also play a large part. The idea is not just to present a character who is nude and beautiful, but one who also provokes an erotic emotion with player."

See for yourself, on the basis of the mods on our DVD, that by now nude mods aim for aesthetic values, instead of presenting naked women to amuse the male players. Of course it's not always this way, but the Hot-Bitches mod for Resident Evil 4, from the canadian Ian Pauley, also shows that eroticism is coming to the fore. For the girls here aren't naked but wear sexy underwear and other sexy clothes. Sadly you won't fins Tessera's fantastic mods on our DVD, since the modder couldn't give us a clearance. You can download his works at www.tessmage.com. Let's hope that the trend to make eroticism in games socially acceptable continues and finds favor with game developers and publishers. For nude bodies don't automatically equal pubescent pulp [there is no fitting translation]. "We weren't born wearing bras and panties.", says Tessera, "If we undress someone, that person is  naked. We all should try to leave those sexual stoppages behind. The past centuries, that were full of  sense of guilt and shame concerning sexuality [sorry for this lousy translation but I otherwise would have to rearrange the hole structure] have to come to an end."

Considering that a certain amount of violence is daily business in games, but eroticism is not, one could think we are living in a twisted world. "Sex and nudity aren't just natural but also desirable and necessary for human health, " Tessera explains his point of view. "Violence on the other hand is sadistic and evil." As action-fans we surly don't want virtual violence in games to be abolished completely. However, as in real-life, eroticism won't be harmful but can make games more attractive.

ReApEr

Quote from: steeal on April 07, 2008, 12:52:11 PM

I am impatient.  :P

But I guess I will have to try that if no one can find me a copy.

I had a look at the shipping costs. If I'm not completly wrong they are at about $20 if you are living within the USA (please don't be mad if you don't). But than the package isn't trackable an could get "lost" on the trip. With tracking option it would be $50. But then there could also be put more copys in the box. (Maybe some of you could bundle up and distribute the magazines among yourselfs)

ReApEr

Fragen zu Heftnachlieferungen und -bestellungen
leserservice@pcaction.de

Translation (sort of):
For questions concerning additional delivery and subscription
leserservice@pcaction.de

steeal

Quote from: ReApEr on April 07, 2008, 01:54:06 PM

Fragen zu Heftnachlieferungen und -bestellungen
leserservice@pcaction.de

Translation (sort of):
For questions concerning additional delivery and subscription
leserservice@pcaction.de

Thanks ReApEr.  :)

I will drop them a line.

Tessera

Nicely done ReApEr ... and I thank you for taking the time to translate it for us.

I think a bit of what I had originally meant was lost in that translation (or more likely,
it was lost when my words were translated into German). But the gist of what I said
in the original interview is more or less intact.  8)

ReApEr

No problem Tessera.
As I said there are words and structures that can't be translated literally. And re-translating the translation of what you said initially, isn't making thinks more accurate as you said.  ;)