Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

There is NOTHING Wrong With The True Patch

Started by Tessera, February 08, 2008, 06:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: Polvere on May 10, 2008, 10:24:59 AMDoes that means that on certain quests you guys removed exp rewards?

Nay, we did not remove any XP rewards. What Acrimonious was pointing out is that we didn't ADD any XP rewards.

The True Patch does not change the gameplay of Bloodlines. It primarily fixes bugs, errors and some missing content.

It's a minimalist patch, for people who wish to play the real game... not a massively hacked version.  ;)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Polvere

So in a few words, taking the example of the blood guardian, you're telling me that Troika games meant not to give those 3 points of exp reward after beating him? The log on the screen hasnt been fixed tho, if that's what they meant, cause it still tell me: "exp rewarded: 3 points" and it also delete that exp point i get once i enter the gallery.

Polvere

The main folder of Bloodlines is called "Vampire - Bloodlines" and it should be inside the hard drive C:, into the "Programs" (or "All Programs", I think it depends on the nationality and the language of the machine) folder.
Inside the "Vampire - Bloodlines" main folder, there is another folder called "Vampire", that's the folder that must be overwritten with the "Vampire" folder of the True Patch.

Poison

oooohhhhh i seee it, yeah i opened the folder with "Vampire - Bloodlines" and there it contained a other folder called "Vampire". yeah thanks a lot!
But i have folder that contains a few patches a long with the True patch, ssoo im guessing i just put that folder into the other folder that is named "Vampire".??

Polvere

You need a fresh installation in order to play the True Patch correctly, it's all written in the "Readme NOW" file by the way.

Poison

yeah i have read it many times,
but its fine i guess ill hopfully figure it out sometime
i have uninstalled it like literally 3 times
but ill figure it out  :)

Acrimonious

QuoteEdit: I just checked something, to be sure. I loaded an older savegame, right before entering the museum in order to kill the blood guardian of the paintings. Once I enter I get 1 exp point (and by checking the character sheet, this time I'm able to get the point), then, after the battle the log says that I get 3 exp point but in the character sheet ive got 0 exp point to spend. So I came to this conclusion: it doesnt only fails to add exp points, it also delete all the points earned before. Furthermore, using the cheats to add exp points, I've noticed that:
1 it wont add exp points
2 it will add a wrong number of exp points
3 or it will even automatically add exp points to disciplines and feats

Turn off Auto Spend XP.

Tessera

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Polvere

Ok, I'm dumb. You've got the rights to insult me now  :)

Tessera

It's a common mistake.

But like the title of this thread says: there is nothing wrong with the True Patch.
Almost every single "bug inquiry" that we've ever received about 5.04AT was a
case of user error. The patch itself works great.  8)

Poison

yeah, well i tryed. it aint working on my comp or something.
or its just that im really fucking dumb when it comes to comps...
uninstalled VBTM 5 times, reinstalled the patches 2 times, red the "Read me Now's" 10 times
got the "replace all files" notice once but i checked and it didnt work, and havn't seen it since.
idk, but im giving up....kinda frustrated.
But from what i see on the pics and what i read sounds like u two did a damn good job
Good Work!

Polvere

You mean you're machine is unable to overwrite the original files with the patch ones? That's pretty strange.

OmegaFinch

Can you post an image of the tassles coming out of the dancers asses in VV's club?
Just sounds kinda odd yet intriguing at the same time.

Tessera

OmegaFinch

At the beginning of this thread you mentioned that you had a message

Quote"Hi guys, I installed the True Patch and everything works great. I did find a couple of small things, though. First, the dialogue for Strauss doesn't match the subtitles. I have included a screenshot. Also, when I went to VV's club the first time, all of the strippers had tassels coming out of their asses. I have included a screenshot of that bug, too."

I just thought it'd be interesting to see said bizarre ass tassel bug.

Tessera

Poison

Tessera

Well, now that there is an entirely new version of the True Patch on the web, it was inevitable that I would start getting e-mails from end users who almost certainly did not install the patch according to its instructions. Hey... that's fine. We all fuck up from time to time, myself included.

I just finished sending a reply to one of those users, and I wanted to reproduce that reply here... so that others can read it and hopefully benefit from reading it:

QUOTE FOLLOWS

Hello and thank you for contacting me.

There is no error within the True Patch Gold Edition, so far as the Santa Monica warehouse is concerned. I even double checked it just now to be sure, even though I knew that it was fine. The warehouse level loads up perfectly and without any significant errors of any kind whatsoever.

Please double check your installation. You may have done something incorrectly when you first installed the True Patch. When all else fails, it is helpful to completely uninstall Bloodlines, then re-install it, and then re-install the True Patch according to its instructions.

Remember that if you had previously been using any other "unofficial patches" created by parties who shall remain nameless, then you CAN NOT simply install the True Patch on top of theirs and expect it to work. The entire game MUST be uninstalled and wiped clean, and then re-installed prior to installing the True Patch Gold. Failure to do so will result in a hopelessly broken game. This fact holds true for any fan-made patches... not just ours. You absolutely must start off with a 100% clean installation of the game, prior to patching it.

You can not use an existing character after you install the True Patch. You must start the game fresh, with a brand-new character which has never been played before. This is vital, otherwise you will run into numerous map-related glitches, caused by incompatibilities with your previous character's gamesave file. You can find additional do's and don'ts within the ReadMe_NOW.txt file that is included within the True Patch. It is vital that you read and fully understand those written instructions, prior to installation.

Remember that if you install any other third-party mods after patching the game, then you must first make sure that they are fully compatible with the True Patch. When in doubt, contact the authors of such mods and ask them directly. We are unable to offer support or technical advice regarding problems which may be caused by using incompatible third-party mods created by others. For the record, all of my own VTMB mods -are- fully compatible with the True Patch and should not cause any problems.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

All my best,

- Tessera -
www.tessmage.com