Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Lurkers NOT Welcomed Here

Started by Tessera, January 23, 2008, 03:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

As of 5 minutes ago, 143 new accounts have been deleted.

REASON: refusing to post on this board, which means that those people were not contributing a single thing to the tessmage.com community.

I'm not kidding, people. I re-opened this website with certain very definite changes in mind. One of those changes is that I will no longer invite (or allow) people to simply sign up on this board and then lurk forever.

If you registered on this Forum, then you had better post something... somewhere... REAL FAST. If you don't, then you run the risk of having your account automatically purged from the database, due to non-use.

If your account has been deleted, then it is no doubt because you failed to use it. You may re-register if you want to, and when you do... POST SOMETHING, so that the system doesn't mistake you for a lurker. If you don't post right away after your account has been activated, then you will risk losing your Forum account -- which is exactly what just happend to 143 people today. Lurkers contribute exactly NOTHING to this website and meanwhile, they suck up bandwidth and other resources. I do not mind paying for those resources... but you MUST reciprocate by contributing to the health of this community. From now on, there will be absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.

I don't care if you don't speak English. I don't care about any other excuses whatsoever. You must actively contribute to this community, otherwise you simply do not belong here.

- Tessera -

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

And once again...

92 accounts were automatically deleted this morning.

REASON: zero post count, and/or failure to post at least once within 24 hours
of activating their accounts, and/or lurking for longer than 30 days.  :(

This "weeding out" procedure happens randomely and automatically, folks.
It is your responsibility to keep your accounts active and in good standing.
Please keep that in mind, before you decide to sign up for this board.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

All members who had a zero post count have once again been removed from the Forums.

This type of maintenance will continue to occur at random intervals.

The bottom line is still the same: do not sign up for a forum board if you have
no intention of contributing anything whatsoever to that community. Period.

These Forums were always intended to be a place for adults to interact with other adults.
We don't give a damn about having a large number of members showing in the member list.
Big numbers without people attached to them mean absolutely nothing around here. I would
much rather have a small community of active members than a large (and useless) community
of inactive lurkers. It is as simple as that, so far as I am concerned.

Tessera

Over 400 dead accounts (zero post count) have once again been automatically removed from the Forums.

This is not a board for freeloaders, folks. If you have nothing to contribute,
then PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER HERE.

Simple enough, no..?

If you sign up for this board, then you are urged to begin posting immediately,
otherwise your account will be in danger of random and automatic deletion.

Repeat offendors will also run the risk of having their IP addresses permanently
banned from this entire website (not just from the Forums).

Tessera

We're scheduled to do another mass clean-out of the member roster soon.

This means that all accounts which are older than 60 days and which still have '0' posts will be automatically deleted.

So if any of you have been lurking for more than two months and if you have any desire to keep your accounts, then you had been get on the stick and put up some posts.

If you fail to do so, then your account will be gone... and you will then need to re-register, if you wish to regain limited access to this board.

I say "limited access" because there are areas of this board which remain invisible until after you have posted a minimum number of times. For example, you can't even see the "Screenshots" forums until you have posted at least '5' times. Likewise, other areas of this board (such as "Tessera's Mods" and "The Dark Side") require that you achieve a minimum number of posts before they will become visible to you.

The bottom line is this: lurkers do nothing except pad out our roster. They represent useless accounts which take up space and yet do not contribute anything whatsoever to this community. That may be okay for other forum boards, where boasting about having a big number of users is all that they care about. But over here, we actually have this weird notion that our users should actually SAY SOMETHING from time to time to the rest of us. If you do not intend to contribute to this community, then please do not register in the first place. You are only wasting your time and ours, in that situation.

Ever since back when this board was first launched in 2006, I have deleted literally THOUSANDS of lurkers from our database. It is no trouble at all for me to do. I hit a button and an automated script takes care of the rest. So the rule is very simple around here: use it, or lose it. Don't be shy... speak up.  ;)

Tessera

487 lurker accounts were automatically deleted today.

'Nuff said. Use it or lose it.   :police:

Tessera

269 lurker accounts deleted today. Reason: zero post count.

If you do not intend to contribute to this community, then please DO NOT REGISTER HERE.
We don't need lurkers, we don't want lurkers, we don't like lurkers, and we will randomly
eliminate ALL lurker accounts without any prior warning whatsoever. Bet on it.

Tessera

258 lurker accounts deleted today. Reason: zero post count.

And I repeat...

If you do not intend to contribute to this community, then please DO NOT REGISTER HERE.
We don't need lurkers, we don't want lurkers, we don't like lurkers, and we will randomly
eliminate ALL lurker accounts... without any prior warning whatsoever. Guaranteed.

Tessera

Approximately 80 accounts were automatically deleted today. Reason: zero post count.

Same old story. If you don't intend to contribute to this community, then don't register on this board. It is as simple as that.

Tessera

*** TESSERA'S MODS SECTION OF THE BOARD IS OFF-LIMITS TO LURKERS ***

The section of this board containing all of my mods is hereby off-limits to anyone with a "0" (zero) post count. Naturally, this also includes guests.

My mods are not intended for leeches... they are intended for people who have actually come here to join our little tessmage.com community.

In the near future, I will be adding many of my mods to our "Downloads" page. Which means that anyone and everyone will be able to download them once again. But if you want to read the full descriptions of those mods... or if you require any technical support, for any reason... then you will need to be an actual contributing member of this community. You don't need to post dozens of fascinating things every day... but we do expect you to at least say hello every once in awhile. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation on my part.

So it's very simple: just join our Forums and then put up a few posts, if you are interested in what we do here. If you give a little, then you will get a lot in return. That isn't too hard, is it..?  8)

Tessera

The following is a copy of an e-mail message, which I sent as a reply to someone who was recently banned from this board. The person in question had registered here, without adding his or her age and gender to their Forum profile. On top of that, this person did something that we have seen many times around here as of late: new members who show up and "spam" this board with single-word and one-liner posts, in a selfish effort to gain rapid access to our high-quality mods. That type of behavior is not tolerated by this community and so, I sent this person the following reply:

Hello and thank you for contacting me.

Whenever a new user is seen "spamming" the Forums, in an obvious attempt to gain quick access to our high-quality mods, that user is usually banned on the grounds that they are behaving like a so-called "leech." In other words, the new member in question clearly has no wish to actually contribute anything of value to our community, but is instead simply trying to get something for nothing.

The tessmage.com community is comprised of adult gamers, who are interested in meeting and interacting with other adult gamers. Single-word posts and one-liners do not contribute anything of value to our community. Taking without giving anything back is the behavior of a selfish opportunist. This is why your account was terminated.

All my best,

- Tessera -
Administrator
www.tessmage.com

Tessera

Over 300 Forum accounts were deleted today...

REASON: zero post count

It's really quirte simple, folks. If you have nothing to contribute, then why are you registering on this board..?

Please go and lurk somewhere else, okay..? Because on THIS board, lurkers are not welcome... and their accounts WILL be deleted eventually.

Tessera

87 Forum accounts were automatically deleted today...

REASON: zero post count

Same deal as always: if you don't intend to participate in this community,
then why did you join us in the first place..? To be a leech..? Guess again.