Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

MUST READ: The Rules of This Board

Started by Tessera, January 19, 2007, 06:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

This is a website intended for adults. With that being the case, I don't believe in censoring the posts of other adults, who may simply be speaking their minds on one issue or another.

For example, I see too many other boards out there whose moderators lock or delete threads, simply because those threads don't follow "the company line." In other cases, I've seen people get banned from one site or another, simply because the moderators took a personal dislike to that person. Well, guess what..? I'm not the goddamned Thought Police and I don't need to agree with (or even respect) whatever it is that you may have to say around here (and vice versa -- you don't need to agree with me, either). Sorry to be so blunt, but I just wanted to make that fact clear. We're all supposedly grown-ups and I think I can rely on everyone to use their own discretion when they post things.

I do have a few rules, however...

(1) You may not openly "flame" or launch any other types of personal attacks upon another member. If I see too much of that childish horseshit, I'll first warn... then suspend... and then ban whomever I decide is the offending party in such disputes. There's no reason why we can't get along with one another, even if we find ourselves separated by wildly different points of view on some occasions. Just because someone likes something that you hate, that doesn't mean they're a totally worthless windbag. You may find that, on most other issues, you agree with one another... which means that you actually have more in common than you may have thought. Please keep that in mind.

(2) Do not post any XXX-rated photographs to this board. I personally don't give a damn, but our hosts might. They don't care about nudity and R-rated material, but graphic photographic depictions of real sex will probably step over the line with them. If I find any such material around here, it gets deleted and the person who posted it could possibly get a suspension. I'm sorry... I really am... but I gotta cover our butts here. If it was up to me alone, then I'd say "anything goes," but it isn't my call. To sum it up: nude photos are fine -- but close-ups of penetration and other such XXX-rated material are not fine. EDIT: now that we have our own private server, this rule has been relaxed. Just try to keep everything in good taste. Most importantly, do not post anything that is deliberately demeaning to women. Healthy and happy sex is fine. Degrading sex with donkeys is NOT fine. Okay..?

(3) Do not attempt to post any advertisements on this website... not here, not ANYWHERE. Our site is 100% non-profit and supported entirely by yours truly. That's the way I like it and that's the way it's gonna stay. If I catch any spam or ads being posted here, then I'll issue immediate and permanent bans on that person's IP address. Do not try to register using illegitimate e-mail addresses or multiple IP's, either... as that is often a warning sign of malicious intent on the part of the user and I will treat it as such.  You don't get second chances on that particular issue, so I HOPE everyone is reading this and knows the score. In rare cases where an error was made, then send me an e-mail and if I believe you made an honest mistake, then I'll lift the ban. Keep in mind that I'm very, very hard to fool.

(4) YOU MUST LIST YOUR AGE AND GENDER ON YOUR PROFILE AFTER REGISTERING. This is an adults-only website, therefore all Forum members are required to publically state that they are at least 18 years of age or older in their profiles. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you want to tell a little white lie (glances at the ladies) and say that you're "25" when you're really 45... then that's perfectly fine with me. I'm not the "age police." I just need your member profiles to say that ALL of you are legally adults. Failure to comply with this rule can and will result in your account being terminated -- possibly without any prior warning. Repeated offenses may also result in the user being permanently banned from this board.

Okay, since I hate playing the heavy, I'll leave it at that and hopefully, none of these rules will ever need to be enforced. I'm a free-thinking and outspoken individual and I have absolutely no problems with anyone else who fits that description. We can debate, yes. We can even fight over something, yes. But wanton flaming and vicious personal abuse will earn someone an instant ticket to tessmage.com limbo. Let's all be friends here.

I hope everyone enjoys using this website and I welcome you all to our little corner of cyberspace.

All my best,

- Tessera -
Administrator
www.tessmage.com

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

PRIVATE MESSAGES: New Changes to PM Restrictions

In an effort to cut down on the possibility of any malicious attacks upon our members by kids, brats and punks, additional PM restrictions have been placed upon ALL members who have low post counts. If you are unable to send more than a few PM's per hour, then that's why. The more you post, then the more privileges you will automatically get around here. That's the way all good things work in life: you get out of it exactly what you put into it. My job is to pay all the bills and keep this place running as smoothly as I can. Your job is to participate and have fun. Well, I'm obviously holding up my end. Now it's everyone else's turn to hold up theirs. ;)

The new PM Restrictions work like this...

0-5 posts: you may not send ANY private messages. This precaution effectively eliminates any
possibility of attacks via "spam bots." Don't laugh -- I've seen it happen. Well, it won't happen here.

5-10 posts: you may send a limited number of private messages per hour. In addition,
you will be required to enter an alphanumeric code before you can send each PM.

10 posts and above: you will no longer have any restrictions upon PM's. Enjoy your new status.

I hope everyone appreciates my reasons for making these changes. I realize that it's a bit of a hassle for those of you who have just joined us. I'm sorry, but it can not be helped. If you wanna get angry, then don't get angry at me... get angry at the nitwits on the web who go out of their way to behave like pests on various forum boards. My job is to prevent them from doing so on THIS board, so that the rest of us can enjoy ourselves in peace. But hey, it's no big deal -- just start contributing posts to this board and soon, you won't have anything to worry about.  :)

- Tessera -

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cylnar

I'm bumping this topic so hopefully some of our new members will read this, and update their profiles (age and gender) without having to be individually reminded. Welcome to the site, everyone! ;D
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!