Main Menu

News:

New members MUST add their correct age and gender to their Forum profiles IMMEDIATELY.

Age Requirement On Personal Profiles

Started by Tessera, May 05, 2007, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

I've just sent out a slew of personal messages to various members of this forum board.
It has to do with not listing your age on your personal profiles:

Please enter your age on your personal profile. It's a required field.

I'm not singling you out... I'm making the rounds and sending out reminders to those members who are active on the board, yet did not list their age as being over 18 on their personal profiles. This is an adults-only website and as such, kids are not permitted here. I've already had some legal wranglings over this issue. So long as everyone lists their age as being 18 or older, then I'm off the hook so far as any personal responsibility is concerned.

If you registered prior to when the "AGE" field was made mandatory, then it's no problem: just open your personal profile and update your info there.

Thanks in advance,

- Tessera -

After a reasonable grace period, I'm afraid that I'll be forced to delete any active accounts that have not listed an age of 18 or older in their profiles. Sorry folks, but we've already had one website shut down over issues such as this and I can't afford to take that chance again.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

Just to clarify...

I personally don't care what anyone's actual age is. If it's something over 18, then that's fine by me.

If you're 39, but you wanna say that you're 29... cool.
If you wanna list your age as 18 years and 1 day, then that's cool, too.
If you wanna be like my jackass buddy Bull, and list your age as "125" (he's actually in his 40's -- the nitwit), then that's also fine by me.  :P

It just has to say something over the age of 18. Even if somebody lies about their age, it still officially gets me and our hosts off the hook.

Thanks, folks.  8)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

LAST WEEK

This is the last week for ALL accounts that do not have an age listed on their profiles.

ALL FORUM ACCOUNTS THAT DO NOT HAVE AN AGE LISTED ON THEIR PROFILES WILL BE DELETED ON NOVEMBER 1, 2007.

ADDITIONALLY, ALL FORUM ACCOUNTS OLDER THAN 60 DAYS -- WHICH STILL HAVE A ZERO POST COUNT (no posts at all) -- WILL LIKEWISE BE CONSIDERED TO BE INACTIVE, AND DELETED.

These actions are being taken to clean out dead accounts from the database, and also to insure that the rules of this board are being enforced with regard to age requirements. You must be over 18 to have full use of this board, therefore your Forums profile must include your age. If you have not yet updated your account, then now is the time to do so. There will be no exceptions.

Tessera

We've had a lot of new arrivals to this board, during the past year or so.

I would like to take a moment to thank those of you who conscientiously took a moment to immediately add your correct age and gender to your Forum profiles, as soon as you logged in for the first time. That's what I like to see, because it shows me that you're good folks who are happy to comply with the rules of this board.

As for some other new members who did not follow that good example, by not adding your correct age and gender to your Forum profiles immediately after logging in for the first time, well.... now you know why your accounts were very quickly deleted. So please... let's all show some respect for one of the very few rules that we have around here. This is an adults-only web site and as such, I require that ALL members list their correct age and gender on their Forum profiles. Failure to do so tells me that you don't have any respect for that rule and so, my response is always the same: your account will either be deleted or... in some cases... banned from this board altogether.

Once again, many thanks to our newer members who actually did follow the rules. I very much appreciate it.  8)