Author Topic: Hidden Forums  (Read 18826 times)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
    • tessmage.com - for mature gamers
Hidden Forums
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
Most of the forums on this board
are hidden from guests.

I've decided to set things up that way, so as to avoid any future conflicts over the fact that anyone -- kids included -- can find their way here and browse.

To read and post replies to the bulk of this board, you must become a registered user.

Registered users are expected to be adults over the age of 18. Obviously, I don't have any real way of verifying someone's true age, but by stating the rules in advance, I can sleep at night and not worry about being negligent.

So to sum it up: to see this entire board, you simply gotta be registered. Guests will only see the topics listed under the "Public" category (like this one). Sorry to have to set it up like that, but I'm trying to be as responsible as I can be here, without going overboard.

All my best,

- Tessera -

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
Re: Hidden Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:05:05 AM »
FOLLOW UP:

In response to concerns about underaged guests having access to various areas of this board,
I've decided to be courteous towards concerned parents. The permissions for nearly all of the
categories and topics on this board have now been set to "Members Only" status.

This means that literally hundreds upon hundreds of different posts wil no longer be visible
to anyone who is anonymously browsing through this board.

As has been stated quite often around here, tessmage.com is an adults-only website and we
wish to respect the concerns of parents as much as is reasonable. Thus, the more risque` areas
of this board will be off-limits to guests from now on.

Sorry about that, folks.. but I don't need any headaches from the PTA.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:36:52 PM by Tessera »

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:20:12 AM »
I should also mention that the forums devoted to my own mods are likewise hidden from guests. I know that kinda sucks, but I create some fairly explicit (and realistic) nude female re-skin mods and as such, they will likewise remain off-limits to casual browsers of this board.

If you are using one of my texture mods and you wish to obtain support WITHOUT actually joining this board, then the best you can do is send me an e-mail describing any PROBLEMS that you may be having. PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL MOD REQUESTS TO ME. I get waaaaaay too many of those in my mailbox and I simply can not respond to all of them. If you have some sort of project or professional proposition, then that's different -- go ahead and send me an e-mail that describes your project. Or if you are a woman, then you could try including an actual full-frontal nude pic of yourself in your e-mail -- and maybe I'll send you a quick reply. If you send a frontal -and- a rear view of yourself, then your chances of a reply will easily have tripled (unless you have any tattoos, which I detest). :P

Otherwise, I urge most users of my mods to simply register on this board and then post your various comments, requests, etc. in one of the threads devoted to my work. You will almost certainly get my full attention that way.  :)

Thanks a bunch for your understanding -- and I need a secretary...   :'(

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »
UPDATE:

The "Artwork" and "Screenshots" forums should now be available to all registered members.

Previously, those boards did not open up until you had reached a minimum post count.

That rule is no longer in effect. All members should now be able to access both areas.

Enjoy.  8)

Tessera

• Administrator
  • Leviathan

• Texture Artist

Male
  • Personal Text
    Sexaholic Sleazemuffin
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 08:34:30 PM »
I just wanted to refresh this topic, because during the past few months, we've been getting an unusually high number of visitors to our humble little board.

TO ALL VISITORS:

There are literally hundreds of different topics that are hidden from you, when you visit our Forums. Something like 98% of this board is completely unavailable to guests. When you visit our Forums, and we're glad when you do, you will only see a tiny handful of topics... which may lead you to believe that this board is very small. Oh, no... this board is actually enormous. Our Forums have been up and running ever since 2006 and there is a gigantic wealth of material posted here. You simply can not see it, because you are not a registered member. It's invisible to you.

The reason for this limitation is not because we're trying to get people to join, or anything petty like that. I have honestly never really cared about how many members we have. No, the reason the majority of the board is hidden is because our web site is intended for adults only. Much of the content on this board is of a risque` and controversial nature. Our members tend to be fun-loving and open-minded adults. Many of their posts are... let me put it this way... "not safe for work." We have no censorship here to speak of.

So, in recognition of these facts, I decided a long time ago to be respectful of the sensibilities of others... and accordingly, I have restricted public access to only a handful of topics on this board. It isn't because of legal reasons, or anything like that... it's simply my way of trying to be polite to our guests.  ;)

- Tessera -
Administrator
www.tessmage.com