The new list: UP: List Of Mods/Changes Added To VTMB

Started by Schu, June 02, 2011, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: Schu on June 30, 2012, 08:49:53 PM
It looks like the UP is totally borked. It's in an even bigger mess now that Wesp is trying to fix his previous changes (...)

What I find to be funny is that people are thanking him for his work, then reporting bugs in the next post, or reporting a bug
then thanking him for it  :P :laugh:

"Thank you Wesp, for totally fucking up one of the finest RPG's in the world. You're my hero..!"

Maybe one day those people will get a clue.

Maybe.   ::)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

kurtis64

I've long time without hearing news of Wesp ... Should I assume that has finally tired to launch reviews of the UP and he will let VTMB die in peace or he continues keeping the game in a slow agony?

perez007usa

"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

kurtis64

I want know if is finally over this endless list of UPs.

Schu

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt he will ever stop. Mostly because he can't just leave well enough alone.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

kurtis64

Well, it would be hilarious imagine a 70 years old Wesp still "fixing" bugs and "restoring" cut content ;D

Tessera

Quote from: Schu on July 03, 2012, 03:01:05 PM
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt he will ever stop. Mostly because he can't just leave well enough alone.

Wesp has spent the past six years playing to his fans. That's what motivates him.

And in his zeal to continue with that silly ego trip, Wesp has successively damaged
the game with each new iteration of his poorly conceived "patch."

He won't stop until he runs out of gushing acolytes.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Ratcatcher

Quote from: kurtis64 on July 05, 2012, 03:36:24 PM
Well, it would be hilarious imagine a 70 years old Wesp still "fixing" bugs and "restoring" cut content ;D
Actually, that wouldn't surprise me...
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

kurtis64

Quote from: Schu on June 30, 2012, 08:49:53 PM
What I find to be funny is that people are thanking him for his work, then reporting bugs in the next post, or reporting a bug
then thanking him for it  :P :laugh:
We can't blame them: Wesp takes advantage of the people's ignorance.

New Bloodlines players, unaware of the TGP existence, think that Wesp's crap is the solution for the vaunted Bloodlines bugs, not knowing that really they are being downloaded a shit that will only affect negatively his gaming experience.

Wesp deceives them and makes them believe that the bugs they are suffering are for Troika fault and not he, and in their ignorance, they ask a new version of the UP, hoping to solve their problems.
This is something that I have experienced by myself. In Steam, this is especially common.

I think it's something aberrant. I have never seen such destruction of the heritage and prestige of a video game fueled by the lie.

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on July 19, 2012, 02:25:01 PM
I think it's something aberrant. I have never seen such destruction of the heritage and prestige of a video game fueled by the lie.

Have you ever seen the movie "Jurassic Park..?"

Jeff Goldblum's character had a great line in that movie:

"Your scientists were so busy thinking about whether they could do something,
that they never stopped to think about whether they should."

Or... have you ever seen the movie "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock..?"

Likewise, Mr. Scott ("Scotty") had a great line in that movie:

"The more they over-think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Hopefully, everyone can see what I'm driving at with these movie quotes.

If not, then just think about it for a minute. And perhaps tell Wesp to think about it, too.  ;)

Anyway, the TPG fixes more legitimate bugs than any version of Wesp's "UP" crap does.
And it does all of that without screwing up the original game in any ways whatsoever.

Seems like an easy choice to me. But what the hell do I know...  :P

perez007usa

You have done an impressive job with the TPG. I and the rest of the gang, Thanks You. To keep this fantastic game working as it should.
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Schu

Sorry folks, I did say I wasn't going to do anymore, but when I saw this, I just couldn't resist poking Wesp with a stick...Again.

Unofficial Patch, v8.1 26.06.2012
Basic only shown.
----

Improved cameras of Nines' intro, roof exit and epilogue cutscenes.      (Arbitrary)
Why? What was wrong with them?

Fixed claws usage in gallery, Hallowbrook Hotel and Grout's mansion.      (Wesp Broke)
This has been broken for awhile now, most likely because of the first person melee mod.

Corrected Yukie and Pisha dialogue issues                  (Wesp Broke)
Again? How many times is he going to try and fix the so-called "restored" broken dialogues, that he
insists on putting in the game.

restored Nines' line.                           (Mod)(Broken Content)
I'm taking bets on how long it's going to take him to get around to fixing this one.
He'll never learn.

Restored Venture Tower bodies after Sabbat attack, thanks to Malkav.      (Restoration)(Wesp Broke)
Returned too its original state? Maybe?

Removed illogical first SM quest info                  (Mod)(Possible Fix)
I don't remember any illogical quest info in Santa Monica. May be a left over from some of his
so-called restorations.

fixed minor text details.                        (Wesp Broke)(Need Details)
Does anyone know how many times he has said this very thing? I lost count.

Fixed impossible warrens start location                  (Wesp Broke)
Hopefully he got it right this time

Fixed teleporting at junkyard.                     (Wesp Broke)

Added cfg and scripts for modding, thanks to Dheu and EntenSchreck.      (Bad Idea)(Mod)
Hey Wesp...let the modders do their own work, then let them ask if they need help.

Restored three more histories for each clan                  (Mod)
Oh...I know where this is going to go...how about you Cylnar?

Restored minor level details.                        (Mod)

Something I just noticed:
Wesp has integrated the res-patcher into his .exe               (Mod)

This line "Added cfg and scripts for modding" has me concerned. There are already the config.cfg and autoexec.cfg,
now he is adding new ones...why? It is very easy to create a new .cfg folder if it is needed for a mod, which isn't necessary.
Yes...Tessera gave us the info for a user.cfg (which is cool by the way), but that isn't what Wesp put in the UP.

I am a total amateur when it comes to modding Bloodlines. In my Oni mod...I created my own script in vdata, I created my
own dialogues, I even did my own Python script, among many others, and it works just fine. Some of the folks over at PV are
pretty good with script, and possibly with Python...so why would Wesp create scripts for modding?

I believe that the UP is spiraling out of control, and going down-hill fast. There are a lot of people having issues with it right
now, at least from what I have been reading. I mean come on...Wesp is handing out cheats, to get past something he broke, so
that he doesn't have to fix it right-away. That is not how a game is supposed to be played.

[This is a retraction]: I now know why Wesp is using the compiled Python folders in his mod. I found out awhile ago that
certain issues can not be resolved without doing so (for an amateur). My Oni mod has some Python compiled files in it, to
help me resolve some issues, I couldn't figure out. If I had a better understanding of Python, or a Python Guru (like
Acrimonious) writing the script, I would not have had to do so, but that is no excuse for Wesp...he is supposed to know what
he is doing with Python. Or is it that, someone else is writing his Python script?

Cylnar

Quote from: Schu on July 24, 2012, 03:19:09 AM

LOL...yep. I pretty much abandoned (at least for the time being) a histories mod I had planned, due to the fact that Bloodlines chokes if you have too many histories, and won't display them. Schu later started work on a similar mod; we merged our projects, found out the histories issue, and Schu's work eventually morphed into his Oni mod. So yeah...Wesp is toddling down the road to breaking Bloodlines yet again. At least histories are not a critical issue, I guess. :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

I believe that the UP is spiraling out of control, and going down-hill fast.

That's been true for the past five years, Schu.

Anyway... have you noticed that Wesp's patch notes are deliberately vague..?
This is how he deceives people. Notice how many times you have asked the
question "Why..? What was wrong with it..?" in your comments about Wesp's
patch notes. And that is exactly what everyone else should be asking.

kurtis64

Quote from: Cylnar on July 24, 2012, 06:40:51 AM

LOL...yep. I pretty much abandoned (at least for the time being) a histories mod I had planned, due to the fact that Bloodlines chokes if you have too many histories, and won't display them. Schu later started work on a similar mod; we merged our projects, found out the histories issue, and Schu's work eventually morphed into his Oni mod. So yeah...Wesp is toddling down the road to breaking Bloodlines yet again. At least histories are not a critical issue, I guess. :P
OMG... the guy never learns. Unfortunately, I suspect this will never end, there will always be new Bloodlines players those who deceive, or fan legions who support him.

I guess for 2070, when Wesp die or retire, finally end this charade and Bloodlines may rest in peace.

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on July 26, 2012, 12:16:04 PMI suspect this will never end, there will always be new Bloodlines players those who deceive, or fan legions who support him.

Who cares..?

Seriously... who cares about those people..? Why should we care..?

We're playing the real game, using a 100% tested and reliable TRUE patch, which does absolutely nothing to mess up the original Troika masterpiece. And it fixes more legitimate bugs than any version of Wesp's garbage.

As for Wesp and his legion of (mostly) teenaged groupies, they're playing a bastardized piece of shit... which keeps getting increasingly screwed up with each new iteration of Wesp's work.

In short: we're playing an excellent and bug-free RPG. One of the best games in the world. With the TPG installed, Bloodlines is stable, reliable and almost 100% bug-free on ALL versions of Windows.

And as for them... they're playing with a bunch of broken dolls from Wesp's toy box. For roughly the past four years, about 80% of the "repairs" in Wesp's mis-labeled "patch" have been fixes to things that Wesp himself broke. And as for his so-called "restorations," nearly all of that crap was deliberately cut from the game by Troika BECAUSE IT DID NOT FIT IN SMOOTHLY WITH THE REST OF THE GAME. And as for the rest of Wesp's garbage, it's nothing but a bunch of amateurish and arbitrary mods, created by the talent-less bozos who hang around the PlanetVampire site. Those are the facts, as we have adequately proven time and time again around here.

So I ask again: who cares about them..? Who cares about what they say and what they think..? The last time I checked, the opinions of clueless, unsophisticated babies were not important in this world.

Know what I mean..?   ;)

Schu

kurtis64

I care. For me it's terrible see how Wesp deceives people year after year, see how he keeps breaking Bloodlines and destroy his legacy.

Maybe you are happy with the current situation, but I not. I wish that everyone could enjoy the TGP like me, and so realize what it means play the true Bloodlines.