Why I Think It Is GOOD To Pirate Commercial Games

Started by Tessera, August 30, 2009, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Phantasy Star had -much- better graphics than ANYTHING which was available on the Nintendo NES. The Sega Genesis was a superior console in its day.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Kyon

New games looks like childish :/ Especially PC , Xbox360 and PS2 version :S

Tessera

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Because of immense public pressure, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee canceled their vote on the bill
that would kill Internet innovation and free speech -- and adjourned for the rest of the year!

A flurry of liberal and conservative groups issued last-minute pleas in the hours before the House Judiciary
Committee prepared to vote on its latest version of a controversial intellectual property bill, known as the
so-called "Stop Online Piracy Act."

But the fight is far from over -- big corporations are still pushing hard for this bill. We won the battle with
today's delay, but we still have to win the war against Internet censorship.

SOURCE: Progressive Change Campaign Committee
(Tessera is a contributing member)

FROM TESSERA: Keep fighting the good fight, people.   8)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

beetle

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Cylnar

And the RIAA and MPAA keep circling the drain...excellent.
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

I think the neo-con parasites in Washington were shocked to see almost as many
cries of outrage coming from conservatives as there were from liberals.

This is one of those issues that I think we can all agree upon:

KEEP YOUR FUCKING GREEDY CORPORATE MEAT HOOKS OUT OF MY INTERNET... OR ELSE.

Tessera

Well, let's not get -too- optimistic about this.

We're heading into an election year, which means that the parasites in Washington are very nervous about their jobs right now. Obama is up for re-election, too. Also, keep in mind that the current administration was expecting us all to be dancing in the streets over the end of the Iraq war (or the SUPPOSED end to the Iraq war, we should say). But instead, people have been PROTESTING in the streets all over America, against the very obvious bias in Washington towards the desires of the super-rich.

So what they are doing, in my opinion, is holding off on any more corporate pandering until after the November, 2012 elections.

But you can bet your asses that right after those elections, they'll go right back to sucking corporate cock and giving the rest of us the shaft. Err, so to speak.

We need to keep ramping up the pressure, folks. And we can start by throwing every single incumbent out of office in the next year's elections. No matter who they are... from the President, right on down to your local assemblymen. Just vote AGAINST whoever is running for re-election. Even if their opponents are evil. Even if their opponent is Adolph Hitler reincarnated... just go ahead and vote for him anyway. Read on...

The system no longer works FOR the people... that much is obvious. But we can still use the system AGAINST the corporate whores in Washington, by repeatedly throwing them all out of Congress each and every four years. Just keep voting against the incumbents from now on -- no matter what.

And no, it is NOT a waste of your vote... not if you understand that no matter who you vote FOR, that person will always end up becoming just another cog within the corporate machine in Washington. We have seen the ample proof of that statement, time and time again. So then, we all need to employ a reverse approach from now on... and vote AGAINST that diseased corporate machine. That is how we will force their hands in the end.

BloodyKidney

Quote from: Tessera on December 17, 2011, 05:40:50 AM

Thanks for raining on the parade negative Nancy. Would you like to kick in my balls while you are at it? :laugh:

Joking aside I'm gonna agree with you cause thats the way the game is played.

perez007usa

Quote from: Tessera on December 17, 2011, 05:40:50 AM

WHOA! Even if we do vote to get them out, so the other(Hitler types) to get in. I don't think the country can take the abuse much longer. I may be vague about this, so what happens if the people decide not to vote, one big massive boycott on the election system, nobody gets in, cause nobody voted them in. Will congress go against the Constitution and do some dipshit thing to keep their power. 

What we need is to get them ALL OUT! WE need to get those who made congress a career out.  4 years tops that it.   
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tessera

Because it doesn't work that way, Perez. If most people do not vote, then the electoral college will decide the outcome... based upon whatever few votes were cast.

You need to vote AGAINST whoever is running for re-election. By doing so, We The People will be IMPOSING 4-year term limits upon each and every "career politician" in Washington and elsewhere. That is how we can smash the machine, without breaking any laws. We can use the system AGAINST the system. Get the idea..?

perez007usa

Yep! loud and clear! Lets get the ball rolling.
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

beetle

Quote from: Tessera on December 17, 2011, 11:24:42 AMthen the electoral college will decide the outcome... based upon whatever few votes were cast

We need to do away with the electoral college. That's how Bush got into office the first time. Gore won the popular vote, which means the people voted for him, but the electoral college went with Bush. That shit wasn't right.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

perez007usa

That's how those idiots get it. They can't do it the honest way.

Ratcatcher

I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tessera

The Pirate Bay is running that video on their home page
at the moment. It's a hoot.  :laugh:

perez007usa

Ratcatcher

Quote from: Tessera on December 21, 2011, 07:00:36 PM
The Pirate Bay is running that video on their home page at the moment. It's a hoot.  :laugh:
Thats where i got it from originally, while shopping for x64 replacements.  ;D
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.