Is Jimmy Dore secretly a conservative? Does Russia have dirt on him?

Started by Will Never, October 20, 2020, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Never

Watch "progressive" Jimmy Dore cheerlead for Trump in yet another one of his Fox News appearances with Tucker Carlson. 

https://youtu.be/fM7IEi562pk&t=1m35s

Let me just add the disclaimer. A couple of the points he made specifically regarding foreign wars: fine.  There is a conversation to be had.  What bothers me is how sycophantic does idiot has become.  He wants President Trump to be elected more than he wants Biden because of his very virulent hatred of Democrats which has become his "schtick" online. 

I still remember in 2016 when I think he was still with TYT.  Screaming and yelling at the other hosts that Democrats need to be punished for the whole Bernie Sanders sabotage.  THIS is what this nasal whiny shithead envisioned?  Democrats weren't punished at all: Americans were punished.  The planet was punished. 

I wonder if Jimmy Dore cared about any of that when he was screaming at Ana Kasparian "DONT FEAR A TRUMP PRESIDENCY" over and over again in that weasel voice. I doubt he will admit it, but I bet Jimmy Dore voted for Trump in 2016.  Probably is doing it again this November.

I especially like the part in this video when he suggested that Trump was going to "give us healthcare but missed his moment" which he believes would have put Trump on Mount Rushmore.

I have even wondered if the Russians have dirt or something on Dore what with his infatuation with RT News.  Literally Russian state-run media he loves to appear on.

Tessera

I've only watched Jimmy Dore's show a few times... but he has never, ever struck me as being a progressive. I also know that he was fired from The Young Turks a few years ago, for what appear to have been ideological differences.

So now, it's being suggested that he's a stooge for the oligarchs..? An infiltrator, if you will..? Then I'll just say that it wouldn't surprise me, if it's true. Jimmy Dore is just a creep. He's a goon.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Will Never

Some people including me have been wondering if he is just a stooge for the oligarchs for a while yes. Either that or he's getting early onset dementia. His appearance and demeanor have degraded significantly within the last 4 years.  Just look at his ratty ass hair in the video I posted.  He is getting weirder and weirder by the day.

Will Never

BTW, a greater tragedy is that the flea-infested dung heap in question is unwittingly acting as a "useful idiot" for Tucker Carlson and the rest of Fox News, because they get to parade Jimmy Dore as somehow representing progressives.   They don't bring on actual progressives: just fake ones who embarrass the rest of the movement.

Blankspace

QuoteEither that or he's getting early onset dementia. His appearance and demeanor have degraded significantly within the last 4 years.  Just look at his ratty ass hair in the video I posted.  He is getting weirder and weirder by the day.

I have noticed that quite a few internet "celebrities" have gone downhill mentally and/or physicality.
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Will Never

Some, but not all. There are still some good ones. 

Most of the bad ones are purely internet sensations such as Jimmy the weasel Dore. But others are successful and motivated enough to utilize multiple media platforms with limited resources by producing good content.  David Pakman (if anybody knows who he is) is an example, and unlike idiots like Dore, he doesn't try to play some ridiculous character. As well, unlike many others he has a sophisticated understanding of most of the issues.  I wonder if Tessera knows of him.

The Young Turks is a mixed bag. They believe in what they are doing, which I can respect, and they are on the right side of almost every issue.  But their analyses are often sophomoric and some hosts seem to comment without doing any research.  As well, they have a track record of acquiring hosts who are either braindead or just dishonest.  To TYT's credit, they don't last too long.  The worst of them: Jimmy Dore and Dave Rubin who are both absolutely abhorrent.  I hate to say this, but I wouldn't care if they died tomorrow.  Both are fake liberals who were fired from The Young Turks and have done nothing except to damage progressivism ever since.  Two very dishonest actors.  Other hosts TYT have had were genuine but seemed to have only basic, sometimes just incorrect understandings of issues.  Example: Hannah Cranston who I actually did like for a long time until she stated that only white people can be racist, and Grace Baldridge (the dikey-looking chick who always wore men's clothes).  They were both airheads, and I have no idea what happened to either.

Ana Kasparian is the probably the most honest and most consistent one there.  John Iadorola can be good too.  And although he is hated, I do like Ben. Cenk knows politics very, very well -- but is less impressive outside of that. 

Tessera

Ana Kasparian is one of my favorite human beings.   ;D

I enjoy TYT, for the most part. See, I'm not expecting them to be stuffy "distinguished journalists" all the time. I actually get a kick out of the way that they sometimes lighten up and have fun. Cenk can actually be very funny at times and Ana's laugh is irresistible. They seem to genuinely enjoy what they're doing... as opposed to the grim, plastic twats on Fox, who probably spend half of the time worrying that they might have to blow Hannity (now that Roger Ailes is dead), just to get a promotion.

I think I might be unusual, for someone of my generation. See, I've never been afraid of change... more the opposite. I've always been the weird Bohemian cerebral guy, who was sitting in the bar and indulging in futurism back in the 80's, with my drinking buddies. I'm more than happy to let the conventions of the 20th century die. I'm willing to try anything new... especially if the old ways have always sucked. Whenever someone tries to chide me by saying something like "You're crazy... that's never gonna happen... dude, things have been this way for 50 years!" I almost always respond with either "Then it's high time we changed it," or "Nothing ever happens -- until it happens."

So if the younger folks want to try a new and unconventional approach to journalism, then I'm all for it.

Back to Jimmy Dore... I've always thought that he was a miserable little douche. Also a bit of a saboteur. I have no other thoughts about him, really. Five years from now, no one will even remember who he was.

TYT, on the other hand, is going to become huge during this coming decade. Well, unless they end up getting mired in some kind of scandal... like, an Ana Kasparian sex tape, or something equally stupid like that.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

I'm reviving this topic, because an enormous feud has recently broken out between Jimmy Dore and The Young Turks.

LOL yeah, I know... no surprise there. But the feud seems to be escalating and it's becoming rather vicious at this point.

Here's a video, posted today, by TYT and it really helps you to get an idea of just how sleazy and worthless Jimmy Dore can be:

https://youtu.be/br66d-gTV-o

Oh... by the way.... if anyone actually believes that Jimmy Dore is any sort of competition for TYT, then here are their respective YouTube numbers:

TYT: 5.1 million subscribers
Jimmy Dore: 868 thousand subscribers
Case closed. Jimmy Dore is unimportant.

Blankspace

Jimmy Dore tried to do the "she was asking for it defense".

Tessera

Quote from: Blankspace on June 15, 2021, 09:07:42 AM
Jimmy Dore tried to do the "she was asking for it defense".

Well, you know what..? Every single attractive woman in history, who was ever lusted after by men who knew that they couldn't have her, has been hit with that kind of ridiculous bullshit. Variations include:

"She was asking for it."

"You know she wanted it."

"She was practically throwing herself at everyone."

"She was dressed like a whore."

"She's very slutty."

...and too many others to list.

Will Never

OMG; I just watched this today too.  Tessera, there's so much say... but it almost doesn't need to be said because you said it.  Dore is a deceitful,  pro-authoritarian, conspiracist grifter, and overall creep.  I am convinced that the world would a better place if he weren't in it.  This idiot embodies what is known as the "toxic left."  I still remember his infamous video in which he raged against AOC during his whole "Force the Vote" fiasco, stating he is "coming for her."

I'd like to show something to everyone.  This is a snapshot of some of Jimmy Dore's recent and popular videos.  BE AWARE: I didn't curate these in any way whatsoever; I simply went to his show's youtube channel, clicked on videos, scrolled down to a random section from part the last month, and hit the screenshot button on my keyboard.  I repeat: these are not handpicked in any way.

It looks like a supermarket tabloid cover from the 1990s, doesn't it?  Jimmy's Dore channel is composed of deceitful, hate-filled conspiracies and screeds, attacking literally the most progressive congressmen we have, AOC and the squad, Bernie Sanders, in addition to members of progressive media -- namely Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uyger.  There is percentage of videos that, at least on their face, present as justifiable criticism of center-left, corprorate Democrats and corprorate media. Videos focusing on Donald Trump and the right wing are non-existent or they praise them.  Keep in mind that Jimmy Dore brands himself as a true progressive and calls everyone else fake progressives.  Meanwhile, Jimmy Dore regularly posts absurd numbers of videos designed to attack Dr. Anthony Fauci, Elizabeth Warren and others who have criticized Donald Trump. Dore also believes that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election despite overwhelming intelligence that showed that they did so very industriously, utilizing paid troll farms and bots.

His fake politics aside, everything about Jimmy Dore screams that he is an old-fashioned misogynist who specifically hates influential women who have power.
  By the way, I encourage everyone to see Jimmy Dore's true nature in this video.  I timestamped it at the exact moment in time where he goes off the rails.  It's one of the most demonstrative instances in which Jimmy Dore accidentally reveals what he is really all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeIRxwTaE9k&t=430s

Blankspace

Quote from: Will Never on June 15, 2021, 02:19:52 PM
OMG; I just watched this today too.  Tessera, there's so much say... but it almost doesn't need to be said because you said it.  Dore is a deceitful,  pro-authoritarian, conspiracist grifter, and overall creep.  I am convinced that the world would a better place if he weren't in it.  This idiot embodies what is known as the "toxic left."  I still remember his infamous video in which he raged against AOC during his whole "Force the Vote" fiasco, stating he is "coming for her."

I'd like to show something to everyone.  This is a snapshot of some of Jimmy Dore's recent and popular videos.  BE AWARE: I didn't curate these in any way whatsoever; I simply went to his show's youtube channel, clicked on videos, scrolled down to a random section from part the last month, and hit the screenshot button on my keyboard.  I repeat: these are not handpicked in any way.

It looks like a supermarket tabloid cover from the 1990s, doesn't it?  Jimmy's Dore channel is composed of deceitful, hate-filled conspiracies and screeds, attacking literally the most progressive congressmen we have, AOC and the squad, Bernie Sanders, in addition to members of progressive media -- namely Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uyger.  There is percentage of videos that, at least on their face, present as justifiable criticism of center-left, corprorate Democrats and corprorate media. Videos focusing on Donald Trump and the right wing are non-existent or they praise them.  Keep in mind that Jimmy Dore brands himself as a true progressive and calls everyone else fake progressives.  Meanwhile, Jimmy Dore regularly posts absurd numbers of videos designed to attack Dr. Anthony Fauci, Elizabeth Warren and others who have criticized Donald Trump. Dore also believes that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election despite overwhelming intelligence that showed that they did so very industriously, utilizing paid troll farms and bots.

His fake politics aside, everything about Jimmy Dore screams that he is an old-fashioned misogynist who specifically hates influential women who have power.
  By the way, I encourage everyone to see Jimmy Dore's true nature in this video.  I timestamped it at the exact moment in time where he goes off the rails.  It's one of the most demonstrative instances in which Jimmy Dore accidentally reveals what he is really all about.

I noticed a lot of "vloggers" use those types of clickbait thumbnails.

Edited for clarity.

Tessera

Quote from: Will Never on June 15, 2021, 02:19:52 PM

That video says it all. Jimmy Dore is a self-aggrandizing megalomaniac. No wonder he's always been sympathetic to Donald Trump. Also, I have never believed that Dore is a "true leftist," or any other kind of leftist.

Will Never

Amusingly, the video you posted of TYT's response to Jimmy Dore shows the coordinated effort from the right wing to infiltrate the left by coopting "useful idiots" like Jimmy Dore and many others under the guise of populism. Here's part of what I mean:

The comments section of TYT's video is RIFE with right-wing/Russian bots/trolls.

The video has more comments than likes AND dislikes COMBINED -- that NEVER happens unless comment bots are involved. There are other red flags too of course: the uncharacteristic dislike ratio based on TYT's normal audience and the nature of the comments themselves, being mostly zinging one-liners with emojis bashing Ana and praising Dore. But the comments to likes/dislikes ratio is the huge one. They use programs which target youtube videos and sites using specific keywords and then go on the attack based on that. This TYT response to Jimmy Dore video is definitely one of those instances.

Blankspace

Quote from: Will Never on June 16, 2021, 08:06:17 AM
Amusingly, the video you posted of TYT's response to Jimmy Dore shows the coordinated effort from the right wing to infiltrate the left by coopting "useful idiots" like Jimmy Dore and many others under the guise of populism. Here's part of what I mean:

The comments section of TYT's video is RIFE with right-wing/Russian bots/trolls.

The video has more comments than likes AND dislikes COMBINED -- that NEVER happens unless comment bots are involved. There are other red flags too of course: the uncharacteristic dislike ratio based on TYT's normal audience and the nature of the comments themselves, being mostly zinging one-liners with emojis bashing Ana and praising Dore. But the comments to likes/dislikes ratio is the huge one. They use programs which target youtube videos and sites using specific keywords and then go on the attack based on that. This TYT response to Jimmy Dore video is definitely one of those instances.

Another sign is how similar a lot of the comments are.

Will Never

SHOCKING, DISGUSTING VIDEO -- MUST WATCH:

Here's what Jimmy Dore had to say to AOC after she refused multiple interview requests from the Jimmy Dore Show:

https://twitter.com/Nitzky89/status/1339714707335368706

Just to clarify: AOC has NEVER been on the Jimmy Dore Show.  What does everyone think of the above?

Tessera

Jimmy Dore apparently has serious problems when it comes to dealing women that he has the hots for. AOC... Ana Kasparian... very similar behavior toward both of them. He knows he can never have them, so he viciously attacks them. His behavior is straight out of a Psych 101 textbook.

Now it's time for a fact check:

(1) Jimmy Dore had little or nothing whatsoever to do with AOC's rise to fame and power. She was 100% sought out, groomed and backed by TYT. Prior to the 2018 election, AOC was a guest commentator on TYT several times, which was really just a way for TYT to present her to the world and let everyone meet her. I remember watching those shows and being very pleased with what AOC had to say.

(2) Also, as was pointed out by Sam Seder and Emma Vigeland on Seder's "The Majority Report" show, Jimmy Dore was MADE by TYT. That's how Jimmy Dore got his start in the business: by working for TYT. Prior to that time, Dore was a two-bit, failed stand-up comic, who was lucky enough to be hired by Cenk Uygur. And all during the time that Dore appeared as a commentator on TYT, I remember thinking "Jesus, I wish Cenk would fire this venomous clown." Which is, in fact, what ultimately happened... after Ana Kasparian made repeated complaints to Cenk about Dore's unwanted sexual advances toward her. To this day, Dore tries to paint a picture of it being the other way around, suggesting that Kasparian was coming on to him. Which is laughable at best and psychotic at worst. If I was Ana's husband, I'd chase Jimmy Dore down and break his jaw. It would be worth the jail time, just to see him whimper and bleed.

Despite claiming to be a "true progressive," Dore spends the majority of his time attacking progressives. He was also encouraging his viewers to vote for Trump at one point, about a year ago. The guy is a total phony, who to the best of my knowledge has never revealed the true source of the funding for his program. We can speculate about it, but I won't bother. I'll just say that I'd love to know who bought Jimmy Dore... and how cheaply.

Jimmy Dore is garbage -- pure and simple. I don't expect him to be around for much longer.

Will Never

Quote from: tessera(1) Jimmy Dore had little or nothing whatsoever to do with AOC's rise to fame and power.
I take it you caught the part where Jimmy Dore stated that AOC "got her start on his show," Tessera?  Seriously: WTF is he even talking about?

QuoteTo this day, Dore tries to paint a picture of it being the other way around, suggesting that Kasparian was coming on to him. Which is laughable at best and psychotic at worst.
LOL.  In his dreams...  I just realized something:

There is ONE woman who I haven't seen Jimmy Dore disrespect or degrade.  Rather, he practically worshipped her.  I am talking of course about 2020 presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard.  Let's review things about Tulsi Gabbard.

In her 2020 presidential campaign, Tulsi Gabbard did NOT support Medicare for All.  Instead, she wanted to maintain a two-tier system that kept private insurance intact.  Jimmy Dore has called for progressives to primary congressmen like AOC (supports M4All) who did not go along with his "Force The Vote" stunt, but he wanted Tulsi Gabbard who does not support Medicare for All to be president.  Think about that.  Additionally, as recently as 2017, Tulsi Gabbard accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations from deadly arms dealers and defense contractors including Lockheed Martin and Boeing -- organizations which lobby for and help fund the regime-change wars that she stated she was against. Despite alleging to be anti-interventionist and anti-corporatist himself, Jimmy Dore was one of Tulsi Gabbard's most fanatical devotees.

Finally, after realizing she had no chance of winning the democratic primary, Tulsi Gabbard endorsed Joe Biden who Jimmy Dore believes is not fit for office.  Here's the cherry on top of this mountain of hypocrisy: When the democrat-controlled House of Representatives voted to charge Donald Trump with articles of impeachment, Tulsi Gabbard was the only congressman in either party to vote "present."  She did not wish to vote to impeach Donald Trump.  Surprise: Jimmy Dore also opposed Donald Trump's impeachment!  By the way, guess who Jimmy Dore blames for Tulsi Gabbard's 2020 presidential election failure?  BERNIE SANDERS.  He also blamed Bernie Sanders for somehow causing Tulsi Gabbard to endorse Joe Biden.  Here's the video in question.  In that same clip, Jimmy Dore states that Bernie Sanders is sociopathic, similar to a Nazi (he's Jewish), and worse than ISIS.

So why would Jimmy Dore support Tulsi Gabbard (besides her capitalizing on being a fake progressive just like Dore) while hating AOC?  Simple: Tulsi Gabbard is the only prominent female politician who has ever agreed to go on his show.  She did multiple interviews during her presidential run, which no doubt made Dore ecstatic because it helped build his channel.  By contrast, AOC wants nothing to do with Jimmy Dore... and he hates her because of that.   ;D