The US Killed a Top Iranian General

Started by Will Never, January 03, 2020, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Never

I don't know if everyone has heard yet but Donald Trump ordered a drone strike in Iraq that killed a top Iranian general.  They are almost certain to retaliate and another war will likely take place, one much worse than the ones in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Iran is four times as large as Iraq with a formidable military and we know they have at least attempted to develop nuclear weapons.  Trump has made the defense industry executives VERY happy customers.

This will also undoubtedly be used to provide Trump with a shield from impeachment.  Not only does it distract from the issue totally, but republicans will say the US must not impeach a president during times of war, or some nonsense. 

Tessera

Suspicious timing for sure.   >:(

I remember when Clinton was being impeached... he started a new war in Iraq
and then expected us all to rally around him.

Wag the dog.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Will Never

Tessera

Yup, classic Trump.

I can't wait until this asshole is in prison.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Tessera

Quote from: Blankspace on January 03, 2020, 09:04:04 AM
Wonder how his supporters will defend this action now.

We all need to stop worrying about Trump's supporters. Those people are all cultists... and cultists don't care about facts and truth. They just care about their guy "winning."

They're a lost cause, in my opinion. Best to just sweep the MAGA morons aside (we outnumber them 3-to-1) and get on with the business of repairing this country.

Blankspace

Quote from: Tessera on January 03, 2020, 09:17:54 AM
Quote from: Blankspace on January 03, 2020, 09:04:04 AM
Wonder how his supporters will defend this action now.

We all need to stop worrying about Trump's supporters. Those people are all cultists... and cultists don't care about facts and truth. They just care about their guy "winning."

They're a lost cause, in my opinion. Best to just sweep the MAGA morons aside (we outnumber them 3-to-1) and get on with the business of repairing this country.

Good point.

Will Never

Tess is 100% right!  Trump's base is comprised of people who have LITERALLY said that nothing Trump could do would stop them from supporting him.  His statement that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue randomly and people would support him is no exaggeration. 

These individuals (I am using that term advisedly because they are motivated by group think, not individual thought) aren't Trump supporters are much as they are Trump FANS.  They don't support his policy positions; they support HIM, Donald Trump the person.  And they will adjust their policy positions based on what Trump does.  It's the textbook definition of a cult of personality.  They're immune to logic, so don't bother.

The best thing we can do is try to sway swing voters. They do exist, and there are actually a sizable number of them. There ARE still a lot of people who are ambivalent about Trump or who voted for him 2016 but have become disappointed.  However, many of the more blue collar types will STILL have a very difficult time bringing themselves to vote democrat when they've been programmed by their family and peers to vote republican every 4 years.   These types may still be swayed.  But the die-hard "Trumpanzees" and religious fundies?  Forget it.  Lost cause.

By the way, more breaking news:  Trump is now deploying 3000 troops to the middle east as a result of events in the last 24 hours.  Iran's religious supreme leader has vowed "harsh revenge" against the US. 

Guess what we're NOT going to see in the news much in the next week or so, as this situation continues to escalate: reporting on impeachment.  Trump is probably happy as a clam right now.  By the way, I'm not saying that the Iranian general in question wasn't a bad guy (he most assuredly was) or that Iran isn't a rogue state with hostile tendencies.  However, there are many who would make the same argument about the US and our own leaders.   

Tessera

Will Never

Tessera

Trump delivered an historic speech yesterday.

Here are the video highlights from that speech:

http://www.tessmage.com/videos/Trump_Historic_Speech.mp4
Length of video: less than 2 minutes.

Do I even need to say it..?   ::)

Cylnar

Trump is an historic moron. ::)

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron." -- H.L. Mencken
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

Quote from: Cylnar on January 10, 2020, 05:04:10 AM

If only Trump was that simple, I wouldn't worry about him so much.

But I see Trump as being a dangerously psychotic and unpredictable menace. If there was ever a president who could get us into a global thermonuclear war, then it's Trump. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has that fear... because Congress is presently trying to take Trump's war powers away. The stupid fuckers never should have signed the so-called Patriot Act 20 years ago, because now, we have a genuine lunatic in the White House -- who just might abuse those powers and blow up the world.

Will Never

Quote from: Tessera on January 09, 2020, 09:46:24 PM

Hahaha.  What the hell is wrong with this cretin?

Will Never

Quote from: Tessera on January 10, 2020, 09:07:19 AM
Quote from: Cylnar on January 10, 2020, 05:04:10 AM

If only Trump was that simple, I wouldn't worry about him so much.

But I see Trump as being a dangerously psychotic and unpredictable menace. If there was ever a president who could get us into a global thermonuclear war, then it's Trump. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has that fear... because Congress is presently trying to take Trump's war powers away. The stupid fuckers never should have signed the so-called Patriot Act 20 years ago, because now, we have a genuine lunatic in the White House -- who just might abuse those powers and blow up the world.

I think that's my biggest fear.  I mentioned in another thread that I think Donald Trump is crazy enough and narcissistic enough to do something extremely wild and dangerous like start nuclear war in order to throw the whole game away if he can't stay president.

In his mind if he can't be president that no one should be able to.  And if he's going down, then he wants the whole world to go down.

Blankspace

Quote from: Tessera on January 09, 2020, 09:46:24 PM

Trump sounded worse then Bush Jr.

Tessera

Quote from: Will Never on January 10, 2020, 10:17:45 AMI think Donald Trump is crazy enough and narcissistic enough to do something extremely wild and dangerous like start nuclear war in order to throw the whole game away if he can't stay president.

"If I can't have the world -- then nobody else can, either."

Will Never

Ugh.... It is IMPERATIVE we remove this lunatic either through impeachment or the election!