The new list: UP: List Of Mods/Changes Added To VTMB

Started by Schu, June 02, 2011, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on July 27, 2012, 10:46:42 AM
I care.

Then stop caring. No, really. It's as simple as that.  8)

Every single day, more and more people turn to the True Patch. Why..? Because they're just as fed up as you are with Wesp, his lies, his ineptitude, his sabotage, the thuggish behavior of his acolytes, and all of the rest of his childish garbage. Not to mention that overall, his "patch" is a wretched piece of hopelessly broken and overblown dog shit. On the whole, Wesp has managed to do far more to hurt the VTMB community than to help it. That's a fact.

The mature players are flocking to the TPG in droves. As for the rest of the babies out there, who would rather belong to a clique than actually have a high-quality gaming experience..? Fuck 'em. They're not worth our time. I did not create the True Patch for those people. I created it for sophisticated grown-ups.

Like I said in my previous post: the opinions of unsophisticated babies are not important in this world... and they never will be important, either. No matter how loudly they carry on and no matter how many lies they propagate.

So just forget about those clowns, Kurtis... because they will never, ever be up to your and my level in life. Just laugh at them, and then walk away.  ;)

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

perez007usa

Quote from: Tessera on July 27, 2012, 12:44:48 PM
Then stop caring. No, really. It's as simple as that.  8)
So just forget about those clowns, Kurtis... because they will never, ever be up to your and my level in life. Just laugh at them, and then walk away.  ;)

What he said.  8)
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

kurtis64

I'm not a baby, I'm an adult. But that didn't prevent that Wesp deceive me like to everyone and I download his crap and the crap of Planet-Vampire until I discovered the truth.

My point is that only a few we know that Wesp is a false messiah, and that saddens me and angers me at the same time.

Tessera

Then if you are that concerned about it, my suggestion would be to go to every single gaming board
that you can find and start putting up posts about the TPG. Spread the word. That's your best bet.

I have already done my part. I have already done MORE than my part. The rest is up to the community.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

perez007usa

Kurt, all you needed was to research, you see nothing gets in my rig without knowing what is going to do. read, before you download, is this patch good, is it bad. I notice that Wesp kept on revamping his patch, to fix his old patch, something is wrong here. Then I found Tess, I forgotten how long I been here to say the lease . The old members have done their part, in putting out the word, read about the problems we had with Wiki and Steam. Steam might change, but don't hold your breath.

"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tessera

Quote from: perez007usa on July 28, 2012, 08:24:48 PMThen I found Tess, I forgotten how long I been here...   

Almost six years, my friend.  8)

kurtis64

July 31, 2012, 01:18:03 PM #96 Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:22:37 PM by kurtis64
Perez, I have always investigated, but it's difficult not end up being deceived by a guy who has his own definition of "fixed", "restored" or "added".

perez007usa

Look at the numbers, of each and every patch, and he STILL has not fixed it. Restored, there was a reason why the creators left it out. So don't mess with it. Added, well, Wesp and his little space cadets, asked him to add new weapons, and so on. We always fought with him and he always game out on top, until now, the community is beginning to look every carefully about the UP. Maybe that is why this here forum has an increase of new members, they are seeing the, as we say "proof of the pudding". Either that or Wesp has mouthed out to a corner.     

kurtis64

Look, I agree with all that and I always come here to express it, but not everyone is as sharp as us, and if Wesp told that these bugs are fault of Troika and not of him, and his "restorations" were to be applied by Troika, and his "added" improve the gameplay... Why would the amateur player to disbelieve him? For me, this is the real problem. Not everyone can or want realize that Wesp lies.
QuoteSo don't mess with it.
And when I did? I've said many times that the game has nothing to "restore", there isn't any "secret game" that Wesp want convince to everyone.

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on July 31, 2012, 03:55:12 PMWhy would the amateur player to disbelieve him? For me, this is the real problem. Not everyone can or want realize that Wesp lies.

Kurtis,

I understand how you feel. Truly.

But if people are stupid enough to believe what Wesp says,
then they deserve whatever they get. It's their loss.

That is how I feel about it, at this stage of the game.   8)

Drazgar

I feel the same fucking thing. Now the UP is most popular modification for VTMB in my country (with clan addons, companion mods, etc), and many people just don't care (and i can't say many of them are kiddies or somebody like that) about differences between words "mod" and "patch", and what means "restoration"...

But i guess I'm making a progress, trying to at least give people a chance to compare the things. After all I'm one of the core moderators in one of the most promising Russian RPG community (: it's my personal duty now to use such a role well.

Also bad thing, as i mentioned before, there is now a russified edition of Wesp's creation, and many people seems to enjoy this... I guess i need to find a time to do as Schu recommended - complete my own translation, but for Gold Patch, not UP.

Or this will be my another fucking fault, if the game will not get a proper revival in our communities. I just need a time...

Schu

The more numbers we take away, the more power we take away form them. So Metz, take your time, do it right, and you will be applauded, for giving them what they want/need.

On another note:
Sorry, I was board earlier, then I saw this posted on the Steam boards, so I thought I would have a little fun.
Yeah I know, I'm a sarcastic bastard, but who cares? The PV crowd, or Wesp aren't coming here to refute it. Besides, 8.1 is
still in beta and now 3 weeks later, here comes UP 8.2 beta.

I honestly don't think that Wesp knows how beta testing is supposed to be done. The next thing you know he'll start calling
them release candidates, but never release a finished product.

UP v8.2 30.07.2012
Basic...Plus included for GP, and the giggle:
----
Plus:
+Restored first person Thaumaturgy animation, thanks to EntenSchreck.
More of the fist person mods added by you know who.
+Placed a GLOCK pistol in Fu Syndicate
Easy mode for plus users.
+Increased new idle rates.
Introduced in 8.1, still don't get why.
+Restored Presence dialogue tutorial popup
Why did you remove it? Or are you using something that was a left-over on the disks.
+Restored missing junkyard dogs.
Oh goodie, now you get to fight puppy's as well as the crazy Gangrel.
+Made NPCs act longer distance to Nosferatu, thanks to EntenSchreck.
???? huh? What? Criptic, Wesp is thy name. Or should I say confusing?
+Corrected Danielle disappearing from Asylum
I think he added her as a continuous follow you around blood doll.
+Added oak animation.
???? oaks move?
+Restored option to stealth kill Johnny
You have got to be kidding me right? Easy mode.
+Restored get gallery bonus XP.
More easy mode for plus users.
+Fixed beachhouse cash bug by using cigarbox
You just had to break that too, didn't you.
+Fixed a loop with the bum.
Which bum? What loop?
+Restored leaf and smoke to Grout's mansion
???? okay?
+Restored fog to warrens lake.
Why did you remove it, to begin with?
+Extended first warrens spiderchick cutscene, thanks to EntenSchreck.
Now you have to wait even longer to get around her/kill her.
+Added option to sell severed arms to Pisha
Again, easy mode for plus users. I don't think he knows canon very well.
+Added tutorial armor info.
Huh? Armor is self explanatory, or just read the manual.

Basic:
Corrected some new histories bugs
Their all bugged. You should have fixed them before introducing them. You don't test anything yourself, do you?
Added handle to Venture Tower.
????
Fixed an elevator icon at Venture Tower
How many did you add, and why? You only need the one.
Corrected two map icons.
Do I really have to say it?
Restored several dialogue gestures of Venus
Oh boy, more broken content, or something he removed.
Restored a big line for Knox.
Oh my god...he is obnoxious enough, why add to the misery?
Fixed a few gender related bad dialogue sound files, thanks to UDM.
WHAT!! Where?
Added fixed lockpick and physcannon item files to free view weapons.
???? You're kidding right?
Restored Ocean House moon
Removed in a previous iteration. One of the coolest bits of art in the game, and he removed it.
Fixed floating rails issues downtown.
I have no idea what he is talking about. Details Wesp details.

Wesp is bragging about 10k downloads in 3 weeks of "his 8.1 beta client". I love the idea of telling you this Wesp. People
are expecting a solid and stable, finished product...not a buggy, broken, beta. Right now you have nothing but 10,000 beta
testers, and the Steam boards are a testament to that.

This is the last one, I'm done with it, and I know I have proved my point. Comments are still welcome,
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Tessera

Quote from: Schu on August 02, 2012, 04:06:08 AM
This is the last one, I'm done with it, and I know I have proved my point. Comments are still welcome...

Many thanks, Schu. You have done an excellent job.

My comments should be pretty obvious, to anyone who has followed this bizarre state of affairs. Please take a minute or two to read what I have to say, because I feel that it will help to illuminate much of what is behind all of this drama and conflict.

Wesp is spurred onwards by a (primarily) adolescent community of Bloodlines fans. What those people want, more than anything else, is a sequel to this wonderful RPG. But they can't have a sequel, because the studio who developed the original game no longer exists. So in their frustration, they have been begging and cajoling Wesp for the past six or seven years... in the vain hope that he will somehow, along with the assistance of several ambitious but untalented modders, produce more and more content for their favorite game.

In short, they're slowly trying to convert Bloodlines -- the original masterpiece -- into some kind of disjointed and sloppily produced sequel. They can't have the real thing, because Troika no longer exists. So, they're gradually changing more and more aspects of the original game... and in the process, the original Troika version of Bloodlines has essentially been buried alive, under a ton of nearly worthless garbage. Yes, it's all garbage... the vast majority of which was either produced or inspired by a misguided community of incompetent youngsters.

I can sympathize with their desire to have "more Bloodlines." We all wish that things had gone better for Troika, so that they could have stayed in business and created an expansion pack and/or a sequel to VTMB. But that's not the way history played itself out... and so, I have some advice for everyone in Wesp's camp:

Just give it up. You are ruining this game. Your hearts are in the right place, but your actions have done far more to harm this game and its community than to help it. I know most of you will not agree with that assertion... but I feel that it is the absolute truth, regardless. One can see the proof of that assertion all around us, on every single forum board that deals with VTMB.

On our side (the True Patch users), we continue to respect the integrity of Troika's final masterpiece... by not undermining or destroying any of its original "flavor" with a bunch of arbitrary and unnecessary content. Such changes are within the purview of MODDERS ONLY... and should never be inserted into a supposed "patch." To do otherwise means forcing each and every single user of Wesp's "patch" to accept a ton of unnecessary changes to Bloodlines that THEY MAY NOT WANT. But you folks in Wesp's camp are insisting that everyone MUST accept a bastardized version of Bloodlines... if they want to get the much-needed bug fixes. That is just plain WRONG, people. And it is also an example of harmful bullying, which is frankly ripping the VTMB community apart. In fact, it already has.

This is why I was inspired to produced the True Patch for VTMB, way back in 2006. Some of us would prefer to stay away from Wesp and his ongoing sabotage of Bloodlines. And the True Patch Gold Edition allows them to do exactly that: play the original Troika game... but without any bugs. Over the years, the True Patch has evolved into what I believe is the finest, most comprehensive and most stable bug-fixes-only patch for Bloodlines that exists.

We did good. We have made our case and we have proven all of our points. And I will continue to support Bloodlines and the True Patch for as long as this web site remains online. That is a promise. 8)

Tessera

August 14, 2012, 09:46:21 PM #103 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:35:04 AM by Tessera
Copied over from the members-only area of our Forums...

Quote from: (new tessmage.com member) on August 14, 2012, 08:51:41 PMAs I like many others had no idea of your True patch, and I had been all but convinced the other patch was all there was to finally patch my good old game

If you folks are enjoying the True Patch, then you need to spread the word on other gaming forums. That way, it will become more popular. Just avoid getting into any fights with Wesp's goons, because they habitually attack anyone who posts anything positive about our patch. Bunch of fucking children, all of them.

QuoteI was sighing and raising my brow while testing it, because I starting finding new bugs, and it was frustrating because it made no sense how a patch would add new issues and already be on (version) 8.whatever in BETA

Yep and we've dissected Wesp's "patch" in great detail around here. I was appalled to see how many new bugs... bugs which never existed in the original game... have been added by Wesp over the years. Not to mention all of those arbitrary and generally poor quality modifications added by Wesp, most of which were submitted to him by the (mostly) teenaged wanna-be's over on the PlanetVampire site. And what's even more infuriating is the way that Wesp makes vague statements within his patch notes... "repaired this" and "repaired that," without ever once mentioning that the things he is repairing are things that he himself broke. That is very deceptive on Wesp's part... and obviously on purpose. He doesn't want anyone to know just how many things he has screwed up over the years. In fact, at this point in his endeavors, I doubt that even Wesp knows exactly how many of those bugs were his own fault. He has effectively painted himself into a corner, with no way out. Hence, Wesp continues to progressively butcher this game with each new iteration of his "unofficial patch." It's absolutely awful.

Far from being any sort of "savior" for Bloodlines, Wesp has in fact managed to utterly rape this game and turn it into an abortion. I suppose that's a fun thing to do... if you're an adolescent. But those of us who are older than 16 years of age would best be served by avoiding Wesp and his "patch" altogether. It's really an ill-conceived and very shoddy piece of work.

kurtis64

I find it really sad and depressing to see how in many weds, many guys laughs from the excellent work of Tessera, trolling and insulting him with total impunity and condescension.

I admire the Tessera's perseverance and persistence, I instead had finished depressed and throwing the towel. Being disowned and treated like dirt in many websites have to be hard.

Don't take it as an attempt to kiss her ass, just that's how I feel when I see the history of the TGP and I reflect about this matter.

Tessera

Quote from: kurtis64 on August 26, 2012, 02:26:20 PM
I find it really sad and depressing to see how in many weds, many guys laughs from the excellent work of Tessera, trolling and insulting him with total impunity and condescension.

There are all sorts of silly reasons for their behavior. One of the unspoken reasons... which none of them
will ever openly admit to... is this:

I unashamedly revel in sex and it is well known that I have a super-gorgeous girlfriend. Not bragging... it's just a fact.

Meanwhile, most of those clowns are very young, very insecure and they never get laid. Celibates, all.
The only sex they ever get is from their right hand. Well, unless they're left-handed.

So is it any wonder that they hate my guts..?  :laugh:

Therefore and in conclusion, let me repeat what I said in a previous post...

Quote from: Tessera on August 14, 2012, 09:46:21 PMBunch of fucking children, all of them.

;)

Schu

I finely figured out what you know who was trying to say in this comment.

Quote+Made NPCs act longer distance to Nosferatu, thanks to EntenSchreck.
Huh?? huh? What? Criptic, Wesp is thy name. Or should I say confusing?

I think he was trying to say "I made it so NPC's will react at a longer distance to a Nosferatu character".

Why is it he can communicate on English speaking forums just fine, but his patch notes SUCK?
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Prisoner416

This time only few fixes but a lot of minor restorations for the plus version and also some
changes to prepare for the upcoming library level ! (Oh joy, he really gets off on the library issue. God only knows what he's changing for it or how much adding an entire area will screw up.)

v8.3 09.09.2012
----
+Restored guard dog that can do damage to beachhouse, thanks Lenuska. (Why? This is one of the first missions in the game, it almost teaches you about sneaking. Adding a guard dog is pointless.)
+Added missing steam to clinic, Ocean House, Vesuvius and Hollywood.
+Fixed female Gangrel idle and crossbow wield models, thanks DDLullu.
+Restored Kiki to Red Dragon and actors being killed at Ground Zero. (Possible Wesp broke.)
+Corrected new Knox line subtitles and removed cast autoexec binding.
+Restored Kilpatrick, Wong Ho, Yukie and pinball player's sequences.
+Added shaking cables and a hidden Ash sewers whisper for Malkavians.
+Restored Mr. Ox's pipe and made all restored gestures be plus only.
+Removed .38 of Flynn and made the GLOCK of Boris be plus patch only.
+Restored hot tub guy sequence and corrected Chastity disappearance.
+Moved Vesuvius barkeeper to Confession and changed invincible Larry. (What is the reason for moving people?!)
+Changed Gangrel warform to wolf version, thanks to RR_DF_RaptorRed.
+Restored Pearl of Dubai as Celerity powerup and braid for computers.
+Removed Nosferatu change again, because it only affected the radar.  (Restore, remove, rinse, repeat.)
+Repaired temple Chang skin and gave katana to him and blade brother.
+Fixed first person hand for female Tremere, thanks to EntenSchreck.
Hexedited floats in parking garage and downtown hub, thanks DDLullu.
Fixed hacking Krimeputer and added missing particle impact effects.
Restored warform moving again and five interesting place animations.
Repaired bad clockhands in intro, bailbonds and observatory levels.
Fixed sick bum respawning downtown and warehouse locked double door.
Removed bugged plaguebearer sewers lock and Mandarin dialogue loop.
Added BSPDetail, Blender, VampEd and import/export to Extras folder.
Restored SWAT rifle from Mercurio and dropped Chang blade in basic.

Wesp... you make me weep.