Ban Billionaires

Started by Cylnar, December 31, 2012, 12:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cylnar

http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6979

"We can have democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." — Louis Brandeis

It's time we outlaw billionaires by placing a 100% tax on wealth over $999,999,999.

Since 1980, the top 1% has taken 80% of all new wealth created.  In 2010, the wealthiest 1% grabbed 93% of all new income.

The richest 400 Americans -- all of whom are billionaires -- own more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans combined. The richest six heirs to the Wal-Mart fortune own more wealth than the bottom 30% of Americans combined.  Billionaires have sucked so much wealth out of our economy that the rest of us are drowning.

We work harder. Productivity is up. But the profits are taken by the billionaires, who buy politicians and legislate rules to the ever greater advantage of billionaires -- and to the disadvantage of clean air, food, water, security, healthcare, education, retirement, and energy.

A 94% top marginal income tax rate when this nation was prospering has been reduced to 35% today.  It's time we learned our lesson, reversed these trends, and banned billionaires.

Please join RootsAction and OpEdNews in sending this message to Congress and the President:

http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6979
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Schu

I'm in for that   
/signed
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

dracconus

perez007usa

"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Cat

Ratcatcher

It's a good first step but its nowhere near enough.

/signed
(in spirit anyway since thats for Americans only)
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Onlyherefornudemods

USA

Where the rich get richer

and the poor become poorer.

Shotgunner

Life is like a penis - when it's hard you get screwed, but when it's soft you can't beat it.