I hate it when people say...

Started by monkeymax, October 17, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgunner

Playing video and PC games is childish?

To anyone who thinks that - F U C K   Y O U   !!!!!!

I hear it all the time when my parents come to visit, because my living room in my home is my gaming center. My dad always says "Why don't you get a girlfriend and stop playing this childish crap, son?" What I'd like to tell him is what I said above. BUT, respect means I can't, nor would I - ex Green Berets you don't fuck with, you know? And, besides which - my mom would take my head off LOL. So I tell him this: "Find me a woman with no children, around my age, who can deal with me being away from home due to my job, and is interested in me for me, and I'll take a sledgehammer to everything you see here." Six years later, we're still having the same argument. And besides, as someone else said, it's a way for me to relieve stress in a legal, non destructive way.

I don't know what reason(s) you guys n gals have but that's mine.
Life is like a penis - when it's hard you get screwed, but when it's soft you can't beat it.

Tessera

Quote from: Shotgunner on November 20, 2013, 02:14:31 PM

To anyone who thinks that - F U C K   Y O U   !!!!!!

You wanna know what I think is a hundred times more childish..? And I'm being serious...

Grown men, running back and forth on a big field with numbers painted on it, chasing a little leather ball around and throwing it to each other.

Football, baseball, soccer, basketball... you name it. It's all just overgrown kiddie shit to me. And we pay those clowns a million dollars for that silly crap.

Video games are fine. The people who say that shit are the people who have never played them. So who cares what they think..?

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

ChaosArcher

Quote from: Tessera on November 20, 2013, 05:14:59 PM
Video games are fine. The people who say that shit are the people who have never played them. So who cares what they think..?

That is the ultimate goal. Sadly we live in a society that makes us look to others for acceptance (almost as a craving).

-ChaosArcher

Tessera

That only matters if you actually care about acceptance. Frankly, I don't give a shit about
the acceptance of others... as I think my personal history has made clear. So fuck 'em.

Insecure people seek approval. I don't. And you don't need to, either. Be confident about
who and what you are... and the rest is easy. Some people will like you, and some people
will hate you. That's life. The most important thing is to like yourself.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cat

Quote from: Tessera on November 20, 2013, 05:14:59 PM
Quote from: Shotgunner on November 20, 2013, 02:14:31 PM

To anyone who thinks that - F U C K   Y O U   !!!!!!

You wanna know what I think is a hundred times more childish..? And I'm being serious...

Grown men, running back and forth on a big field with numbers painted on it, chasing a little leather ball around and throwing it to each other.

Football, baseball, soccer, basketball... you name it. It's all just overgrown kiddie shit to me. And we pay those clowns a million dollars for that silly crap.

Not to mention there all rigged and the "stars" are roid rage thugs.

Tessera

Yeah, no shit Cat. Total 'roid rage. And dumb as a rock.

Shotgunner

You forgot to mention their drug and alcohol habits and the legal favors they can call in due to their "fame". I mean, come on - if YOU were making millions for something childish("professionally" playing baseball, football, etc), wouldn't you drink a few dozen shots and pass the pipe on a regular basis, knowing you would not be arrested for doing so? Or at least be tempted to?
Life is like a penis - when it's hard you get screwed, but when it's soft you can't beat it.

ChaosArcher

Quote from: Tessera on November 20, 2013, 10:47:16 PM
That only matters if you actually care about acceptance. Frankly, I don't give a shit about
the acceptance of others... as I think my personal history has made clear. So fuck 'em.

Insecure people seek approval. I don't. And you don't need to, either. Be confident about
who and what you are... and the rest is easy. Some people will like you, and some people
will hate you. That's life. The most important thing is to like yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

-ChaosArcher