Smart Phones, and the idiots who use them while driving

Started by Schu, July 07, 2012, 01:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosArcher

Quote from: Cylnar on July 11, 2012, 06:50:56 AM
I still remember (fondly) the days when it was considered rude to use your cellphone while you were doing anything else (other than perhaps walking along the sidewalk). Nowadays people use the damn things for talking and/or texting while driving, shopping and even talking to other people for business (like in the checkout line at the supermarket) or pleasure (hanging out with friends or family), and nobody bats an eyelash. And if you take offense, people think you're the asshole. ::)

Oh how times have changed Cylnar. It gets on my nerves when people fiddle with their phones while I am talking to them.  >:(
I used to think that they had no manners, until I realized that many people do the very same thing.

-ChaosArcher

Tessera

I've been told that people bitched when automobiles first hit the scene, too.
They were so much noisier than a horse and buggy.

Guys, there's no sense in fighting against technological progress.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

ChaosArcher

Quote from: Tessera on October 07, 2012, 11:49:45 PM

I agree with you Tessera.

However, I technology must be closely watched and regulated when it interferes in the well being of people. In this case, using phones while driving. That being said, technological progress as a whole is a good thing; we just have to show a little common sense.

-ChaosArcher

monkeymax

October 09, 2012, 03:42:49 AM #21 Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:57:35 AM by monkeymax

Technological progress is not a good thing if there's no laws out there to prevent people abusing the fruits of technological progress to torture or kill people.   

Uglek

Agree, ugly women using the technology of smartphones to post nude pictures of themselves should be considered a crime against humanity!  :P

Tessera

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

ChaosArcher

Quote from: Uglek on October 09, 2012, 07:10:52 AM
Agree, ugly women using the technology of smartphones to post nude pictures of themselves should be considered a crime against humanity!  :P

I was not expecting that one. Completely blindsided me. :)

-ChaosArcher

ChaosArcher

Quote from: monkeymax on October 09, 2012, 03:42:49 AM

Technological progress is not a good thing if there's no laws out there to prevent people abusing the fruits of technological progress to torture or kill people.   

Like I stated before, we have to be careful. It is like a tightrope, you have to balance correctly or else...

-ChaosArcher

monkeymax

Quote from: ChaosArcher on October 09, 2012, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: monkeymax on October 09, 2012, 03:42:49 AM

Like I stated before, we have to be careful. It is like a tightrope, you have to balance correctly or else...

-ChaosArcher
Indeed. 

monkeymax

October 10, 2012, 03:24:18 AM #27 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:34:52 AM by monkeymax
Agree, ugly women using the technology of smartphones to post nude pictures of themselves should be considered a crime against humanity!  :P
Yeah, imagine in the future, there are smartphones that can send images to the minds of everyone within a 1 mile radius...

ChaosArcher

Quote from: monkeymax on October 10, 2012, 03:24:18 AM
Agree, ugly women using the technology of smartphones to post nude pictures of themselves should be considered a crime against humanity!  :P
Yeah, imagine in the future, there are smartphones that can send images to the minds of everyone within a 1 mile radius...

I would rather not.... :o

-ChaosArcher