Why I Think It Is GOOD To Pirate Commercial Games

Started by Tessera, August 30, 2009, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratcatcher

Quote from: BloodyKidney on September 19, 2011, 03:50:28 AM
WoW I really like the level of discussion here. I feel like starting a revolution.
Keep reading.  8)
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

perez007usa

You will learn more in the coming days,,,,,, and about our corporate funded candidates.  
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

BloodyKidney

Quote from: Ratcatcher on September 19, 2011, 10:14:13 AM
Keep reading.  8)
Oh I will my eyes are burning from it
Quote from: perez007usa on September 19, 2011, 12:50:16 PM
You will learn more in the coming days,,,,,, and about our corporate funded candidates.  
Looks like I need to get into the politics section then

Dontai

I don't pirate because of the economy or because I'm cheap. It because sick of disappointments. What type of BS is this when i have more fun playing game from 2000 then 2010? I got idea in stead of making shity games with more DRM. Let make good games with Less DRM. Let give people hope and faith in game industries. Let show that we haven't become stale and old. Let show we can make new idea and innovation. No more space marine or dead island. No more maddon or call of duty. Let settle for more. Lets settle for no more restriction and copy right. Let combine halo, aliens and predators. Lets are imagination run free to places we cant even imagine. Let have picard fighting orcs on top of unicorn wearing storm trooper armor!

Tessera

Quote from: Dontai on September 24, 2011, 03:54:49 PM
I don't pirate because of the economy or because I'm cheap. It because sick of disappointments.

Precisely. And the people most directly responsible for those disappointments need to be punished.

And since money is the only thing that the gaming publishers understand, then piracy is the very best way to punish them.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Dontai

Hey some one understands me. Yeh, Second the notion. Let those that sin live there sins. Their playing with are lives and our money. No more! You must fight for right to my business! We control this game not the companies!!!

Ratcatcher

I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tessera

Well, as some of you already know, my current project is to produce a complete, stand-alone (single-player) version of classic EverQuest. And by "classic," I mean everything prior to the Planes of Power (PoP) expansion. Which means the original "plain vanilla" EQ, plus the Kunark, Velious and Luclin expansions. And that's it -- nothing else beyond that, because everything which came after Luclin totally undermined (and ultimately destroyed) everything that was great about the original Verant version of EQ.

And privately, I'll also be releasing some nude and semi-nude textures for the Luclin-era female character models. Just for laughs.  ;)

Sony Online Entertainment (aka "SOE") is one of the worst offenders, so far as gaming publishers are concerned. Under the horrible leadership of a revolting leech named John Smedley, SOE has become notorious for their greed, their misrepresentation of their products, their rampant disregard for their original player base, their horrible customer service, their dumbing-down of what had previously been relatively sophisticated content (case in point: pre-PoP EverQuest as compared to post-PoP EverQuest), and their generally condescending, intractable and irresponsible attitude, so far as how they interact with their customers.

If ever there was a company who deserves to be pirated to death, then it's SOE. And the good news is: you can do exactly that, if you feel so inclined. The original EverQuest "Titanium" client is a popular download from places like Demonoid and The Pirate Bay. And there are literally dozens of free-to-play, emulated EQ servers on which you can create an account and then play the game (just do a Google search for "EQEmu" if you want to know more). Keep in mind that none of this will cost you a single penny. You can get the game itself for free, and you can then play it for free. As much as you want.

And as for what SOE thinks about all of this..? Fuck 'em. They have already lost their court case against EQEmu. And frankly, the thought of John Smedley seething with anger over this shit just makes me smile from ear to ear.

Just another FYI for y'all.  8)

Ain't it the truth.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

There's an updated version of Civilization V available on The Pirate Bay:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6653927/Civilization_V

As with all torrent downloads, it is preferable to download it via the "Magnet Link" option if possible.

Also, be sure to follow all of the author's instructions to the letter. That probably goes without saying... but I'm saying it anyway.

I'm pretty sure that this newer version (1.01.348) contains numerous bug fixes for Civ 5... including quite a few graphics and gameplay fixes.

Also, I believe this version of Civ 5 has been "pre-cracked" by the Skidrow team, meaning that it should run just fine as a stand-alone application (no need for Steam).

PERSONAL OPINIONS:

As I said earlier in this thread... if there was ever a game which deserved to be pirated to death, then it's Civ 5. All of us who purchased this game (including me) were totally ripped-off by Electronic Arts. I never saw a more broken and buggy game in my life than the original release of Civ 5. Seriously... it was the absolute worst that I have ever seen in a major release. So it was downright criminal for those assholes to release what amounted to an alpha (barely tested at all) version of Civ 5... and then on top of that, force every single customer to sign up for Steam and then be hassled by DRM and advertisements, every single time they wanted to play this fucking game.

But that's okay... because in my opinion, the best way to punish EA for being greedy and irresponsible assholes is to simply download as many of their games as you want for FREE... via torrents.

So if any of you have any interest in Civ 5... or, if you already have a cracked but older version of the game... then this 100% safe torrent on TPB might be just what you're looking for.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER: this post is being offered for information purposes only. What you do and how you decide to do it is entirely your own responsibility.

Tessera

UPDATE to the above post:

The copy of Civ 5 linked to in the above post has been verified to be 100% working and virus-free.

And it is indeed the recently updated (patched) version of Civ 5... which means a lot less bugs and crashes, as compared to the original release.

Definitely worth downloading -- since it doesn't cost you a penny.   ;)

Interesting bit of trivia: The Pirate Bay currently has nearly 30 MILLION users... and it's only one pirate web site out of several dozen on the web. Yes, it's the biggest of them all by far (Demonoid doesn't even come close), but it's still rather amusing to me that there has been such an enormous increase in the number of pirateers during the past couple of years.

Keep fighting the system, folks. I'm proud of ya's.  8)

BloodyKidney

Oh it may not cost me a penny to play but it is costing me many pennies to rebuild a machine in which to play your god fosaken pirated games :laugh:

Tessera

Rebuild your machine..? You lost me...

Did you blow out your video card or something..?

BloodyKidney

Video card with everything else :laugh: The begining of the year I decided to upgrade my system with a Velociraptor 10000rpm hdd except when I did it I was drunk. I fried everything pretty much and have been sending everytthing out to get replaced. My last fix is the graphics card which I may get a new one for myself if I am a bad boy for christmas. Yet even then it still might not work, wont know till I try.

Kyon

I don't like piracy because original games generally better than cracked games . Because they haven't crack bugs itself . But DRM is generally easy chick for me . Only I hate Online DRM . I am not bypassed it yet :S . This is pretty bad . It needs everytime internet for play the game and fuck everything . I paid the money . Why I am not playing it ? This is totally bullshit I think . What do you think about online DRM Tess ?

Tessera

Quote from: Kyon on November 14, 2011, 12:53:48 AM
I don't like piracy because original games generally better than cracked games .

This is false.

When cracked properly, the only difference between the retail game and the cracked game
is that the retail game costs money... and the cracked game is free.

That's it. No other differences at all.

Kyon

But if cracked properly :) Most of game cracks have problems . They not in the retail game . But inside the cracks .

anariel

Quote from: Kyon on November 14, 2011, 01:52:48 AM
But if cracked properly :) Most of game cracks have problems . They not in the retail game . But inside the cracks .

Look for the good cracking groups and make sure you are applying the right version of the crack to the game. Personally, I tend to get Skidrow's releases lately, and have no problem at all.

Tessera

Quote from: anariel on November 14, 2011, 02:21:43 AMPersonally, I tend to get Skidrow's releases lately, and have no problem at all.

Best cracks on the web. //nod

Good, clean and fully functional.