Bernie Sanders For President

Started by Tessera, October 31, 2015, 02:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Bloomberg National Poll - March 24, 2016
Bernie Sanders: 49%
Hillary Clinton: 48%

...so why are we still hearing all of this "Sanders is not electable" crap on TV..?

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Gman

Quote from: Tessera on March 24, 2016, 04:35:49 PM
...so why are we still hearing all of this "Sanders is not electable" crap on TV..?

Because Bernie isn't putting money in the "right" pockets.
Of all the things I hate about Earth, the fact that I live here is the most depressing.

Do you have an issue with me? Here, allow me to find a phone, I'm sure I can find someone who cares.

Blankspace

Chris Mathews directed to "Stop Talking" during a segment on Bernie Sanders

QuoteSo much media bias that they can't even keep it contained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HEVtJfjcXg
That's what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence.

Tessera

If the corporate media hates Bernie so much, then YOU KNOW he must be good for the rest of us.

In my home state of California, it's pretty much a given that the Democratic candidate... whomever he or she may be... is going to get the vast majority of California votes. So in the general election in November, I am therefore going to vote my conscience... and WRITE IN a vote for Bernie Sanders, if he does not end up becoming the Democratic nominee.

Anybody can do this in the USA... you simply need to request a written ballot when you arrive at the polling station. They may give you a bunch of shit, and tell you to go "wait over there" or whatever, but every American has the legal right to request a written ballot in any and all presidential elections. Especially after all of the very serious questions that have been raised regarding the integrity of automated voting machines.

TRIVIA: many of the companies that manufacture voting machines in the USA are also heavy contributors to the Republican party. Just an important bit of FYI for ya's. Why such things are legal... I have no idea.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Blankspace

I always use a mail in ballot whenever I can.

Cylnar

March 28, 2016, 07:20:28 AM #59 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:53:37 PM by Cylnar
Quote from: Blankspace on March 27, 2016, 09:14:32 PM
I always use a mail in ballot whenever I can.

Me too. I came of age in Oregon, which was the first state to switch to exclusively mail balloting only (though not until after I had voted a couple times; I did visit a polling place once I believe). So in both states I have lived in besides Oregon (Washington and Arizona) I have registered for permanent early voter/absentee balloting status. That way you get to avoid any issues with voting machines and any shenanigans like the recent Arizona voting fiasco. Not to mention the new voter ID laws and other voter suppression bullshit Republicans and ALEC have forced on states they control (like Arizona) in an attempt to disenfranchise likely Democratic voters (legal since the Supreme Court Five gutted the Voting Rights Act a while ago). I would recommend to anyone never to darken the door of a polling place if they can possibly avoid it. ;)

Quote from: Tessera on March 27, 2016, 09:09:18 PM
In my home state of California, it's pretty much a given that the Democratic candidate... whomever he or she may be... is going to get the vast majority of California votes. So in the general election in November, I am therefore going to vote my conscience... and WRITE IN a vote for Bernie Sanders, if he does not end up becoming the Democratic nominee.

I have the same freedom...for the opposite reason. Arizona will certainly be carried by the Republican nominee (probably Trump) and my holding my nose to vote for Hillary in November won't change that. So I will also be able to write in my vote for Bernie, if it comes to that. :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

Cylnar

Here's a couple of good, short (about nine minutes total) videos about why you should vote for Bernie.

First: comedienne Sarah Silverman on Why You Should Vote (For Bernie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEU5i_fG-_Q

Second: Put together by a Bernie supporter who ought to be hired by the campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSRUmRYrRLY

8)
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

I love Sarah Silverman. She has gorgeous tits.

Ooops... sorry.... politics, right. I was thinking about her topless scene in Masters Of Sex and I got distracted.  :-[

Well, I still love Sarah Silverman and I think her pro-Bernie video will be very effective. She's intelligent, she's down-to-earth and she's right on the mark.

Blankspace

Hillary Clinton Loses Patience with Greenpeace Activist Over Fossil Fuel Donations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC4Pvm6Oj4A

Quote"At a Hillary Clinton rally at SUNY Purchase campus today, the presidential candidate lost her patience with a Greenpeace activist who thanked her for her commitment to climate change then asked her whether she'll reject fossil fuel money moving forward. Pointing her finger at activist Eva Resnick-Day, Clinton claimed she only takes money from people who work for fossil fuel companies and called the accusations lies."

Tessera

Hillary Clinton is a lying, hypocritical, two-faced whore.

I can't put it any more honestly, truthfully and bluntly than that.

She is also a criminal, who may very well be indicted before she even gets the chance to run in the general election. Although, I am sure that her high-powered connections will do everything that they can to to forestall any such criminal proceedings until after the election... presuming, of course, that she actually ends up becoming the Democratic nominee.

Cylnar

Quote from: Tessera on April 01, 2016, 01:36:45 AMI am sure that her high-powered connections will do everything that they can to to forestall any such criminal proceedings until after the election... presuming, of course, that she actually ends up becoming the Democratic nominee.

Or block such proceedings entirely, or at least stall until evidence for anything worse than say, the email equivalent of a cum-stained dress, is "lost" or otherwise compromised. :P
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

You may be happy to know that currently, there is a massive petition... as well as a grassroots campaign... to compel the
U.S. Dept. of Justice to investigate the recent (and scandalous) voter disenfranchisement which took place in Arizona.

You can join us and show your support, by signing the petition here:

http://act.credoaction.com/sign/az_voter_suppression?referring_akid=a224501537.6664660.iX9b0Z&source=conf_email&aktmid=tm2299265.ja2rgl&t=2

It's a shame that we need to scream at our officials before they actually get up off their flabby asses and do their jobs.   >:(

Tessera

Another HUGE Win For Bernie Sanders

In yesterday's Wisconsin primary... a big state, so far as the number of delegates are concerned... Sanders destroyed Clinton:

Sanders (won) -- 56.5% (45 delegates)

Clinton (lost) -- 43% (31 delegates)

So here we are again... Bernie Sanders, the candidate that the corporate media keep referring to as "un-electable," not only defeated Hillary Clinton... but he defeated her by a 13.5 percent margin. That's a very substantial victory.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton's popularity... according to most of the polls... has been dropping like a stone during the past couple of months. I think a lot of folks out there are finally starting to recognize just how phony and condescending Hillary truly is.

Cylnar

April 19, 2016, 10:16:21 PM #67 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:57:47 PM by Cylnar
And thanks to more Arizona-style voter registration shenanigans (suspicious voter party affiliation shifts and the like) and the state Democratic party's ridiculously stringent rules (such as a six-month-out registration deadline, the worst in the country), Bernie lost to Hillary by 18 points in New York. ??? :o >:(

That's after polling showed the gap within or nearly within the margin of error yesterday. But the state party, whose officials are in the tank for Hillary (like most state party affiliates) succeeded in reinforcing the establishment candidate through bullshit games. And don't forget the "Hillary Victory Fund" clusterfuck... >:( >:( >:(

Read about the election issues here: http://www.salon.com/2016/04/19/3_2_million_shut_out_in_nyc_listen_to_board_of_elections_tell_resident_you_cannot_vote_today_being_an_independent/

About the Hillary Victory Fund: http://www.salon.com/2016/04/19/a_message_to_george_clooney_hillary_clinton_isnt_out_to_help_down_ticket_democrats_shes_out_to_help_hillary_clinton/
Wise up...rise up!

Tessera

The situation in New York is intolerable. An enormous number of young people... most of whom only started "feeling the Bern" in the past few months or so... were prevented from voting in NY due to the ridiculous registration requirement that you cited, Cylnar. To vote in the NY primary, you had to have registered to vote waaaaaay back in October of LAST YEAR. Naturally, this works against Sanders... whose popularity didn't really start to bloom until three or four months ago.

The entire political system is rigged in favor of the Establishment candidates. Even Donald Trump said so.

Furthermore, an enormous number of NY voters were turned away at the voting booth, because apparently their party affiliations had been mysteriously changed to "Independent" without their knowledge or consent. A class-action lawsuit has therefore been filed in NY, by and for the voters who were screwed out of their opportunity to exercise their Constitutional rights. We'll have to keep an eye on that lawsuit and see how it develops.

At this point, the numbers are making a Sanders nomination look practically impossible. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. During the course of my entire lifetime, there have only been THREE presidential candidates who were actually worth a damn: George McGovern, Ralph Nader and now Bernie Sanders. I'm not quite ready to walk away from that. Not yet. And thankfully, neither is Bernie. This one needs to keep going... right to the bitter end. Even if Sanders ultimately decides to withdraw from the race, the bold anti-Establishment statement that his campaign has been (and still is) making needs to be pushed right to the edge... for the sake of future elections.

Ratcatcher

Theres a video floating around calling Hillary Clinton a career criminal, and after watching it, even if only half of the stuff in it is true, its hard to imagine why she isnt in jail right now.

...Yeah, i know.
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Blankspace

QuoteEven if Sanders ultimately decides to withdraw from the race, the bold anti-Establishment statement that his campaign has been (and still is) making needs to be pushed right to the edge... for the sake of future elections.

And don't vote for that bitch Hillary.

Tessera

I think a lot of Bernie supporters will simply wind up not voting if Hillary is the Democratic nominee. There's too much hatred for Hillary among us.

In which case, there's a high probability that our next President will be a Republican... possibly Donald Trump.  :(