PC Action Magazine Interviews Tessera

Started by Tessera, February 21, 2008, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraelda

QuoteSee for yourself, on the basis of the mods on our DVD, that by now nude mods aim for aesthetic values, instead of presenting naked women to amuse the male players. Of course it's not always this way, but the Hot-Bitches mod for Resident Evil 4, from the canadian Ian Pauley, also shows that eroticism is coming to the fore.

LOL!

Tessera

Agreed... LOL... I laughed at that myself. "Hot-Bitches" doesn't exactly lend a sense of legitimacy.  :laugh:

Well, hey... it's the modder's prerogative to name it whatever he wants to. I'm not familiar with
that mod, nor with the modder in question, so I have no idea whether it's any good or not.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

OmegaFinch

Great interview Tess! I know it would've been off topic but you could've tried hinting at the HGL issues you had/are having during the interview. Would've been like a giant middle finger flipped in the face of all things Flaghshit. Guess it wasnt the time or the place & besides which the repercussions of such an act would possibly be undesirable.....

Tessera

Quote from: Disgracelands on April 07, 2008, 04:59:17 PM
Great interview Tess! I know it would've been off topic but you could've tried hinting at the HGL issues

Given the subject matter of the article, I don't feel that it would have been appropriate to turn it into a crusade against a particular game. I was being singled out for my modding ability, so I just stuck to that subject (nude mods).

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

April 08, 2008, 09:50:17 AM #58 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:54:02 PM by Tessera
The full Interview with Tessera has just been posted on the PC Action website:

http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=639068

Enjoy... if you can speak German, that is  8)

Arandie

Between Goggle and my -bad- German, I got this:

QuotePC ACTION: How did you come into the nude scene gerutscht patch?
There were several factors that have influenced me, naked Modifications to develop. ZFor one, I was all my life, an artist and, when I was younger, pastel paintings of beautiful, naked women painted.  I have always had great respect for women and their bodies. As a high-quality 3D games gradually on the PC market established, it was only natural that I have searched for ways, the female characters in games to modify. I wanted it even more beautiful, natural and appear credible.  Like most players, I started my naked patches of others. I was not satisfied with the overall quality of most mods.. That resulted in a few conflicts between me and many other Moddern the Internet, what my criticism is not very friendly recordings. At the end gave me the Modder and their supporters said: "Make it a better mod, if you do not like this one, otherwise halt just damned your door, Tessera." Of course, I have these challenges. I have since my own high-quality nude-created mods, starting in mid-2006 with a naked texture revision for Oblivion. Then, I have the first top-Without Malvanianer-Mod for Vampires - The Masquerade: Bloodlines developed ... and the rest, as they say, history.

PC ACTION: The first nude patches have breasts just want to show at naked women in games. Now it seems as if the aesthetic aspect more important - the beauty of the naked female body to show and it also looks as if, As if the patches are more and more of the art converge. What is your opinion on this?

Even at the risk of sounding too cocky, I think that partly Tessera (me) to thank, this conversion in the modding scene to have caused. When I began, highly detailed and photorealistic nude textures surrendered, the player's probably a little shocked by the challenge was that I had asked them since. Not only that, I asked them to have better naked-Mods to develop, I also have the bar a little higher placed than they probably expected by getting artistic nuances in my own work, too. On the other hand, it is not easy to make and it has a lot of Reiberein between me and the rest of the game community causes. I am well aware that I have not done, but the fact remains that before Tessaras work on the Internet came up, most of them naked-Mods were, as you have already described: Amateur detention, childish and bad rendered.  My own nude-Mods have the desire to portray women ... as a total package and not just as dehumanized caricatures, in the Modder their favorite parts of the female body. Realism and credibility has always been one of my goals. To sum up, I think my modifications have many other Modder ashamed, but also a lot better to work inspires.

PC ACTION: Where you take your inspiration?
The answer is simple: I take my inspiration from real women. Often posing a living model for me, whenever I have the feeling that my imagination would have to feed. My own erotic fantasies of course play a role in the course of this, as I do with the fine details of my mods the procedure. The overall idea is to the viewer to present a character who is not only naked and beautiful, but also a certain erotic reaction to the player triggers. Nudity alone is enough. Anyone can be naked. In order to be truly erotic, it needs a little more seasoning.  I think it is the "Oh - Wow!" Factor. I always try something unusual in my mods though, and I hope that it is this aspect of my work is appealing than those mods, which is usually found on the Internet.

PC ACTION: How will nude patches from the player's adopted?
My own nude patches were very well received, except from the other Moddern. Many of them (but not all) hate me now like the plague.  I will continue to provide high-quality work, because it is exactly what users expect my modifications. The only person with whom I wetteifere, I myself.

PC ACTION: Do you have a negative experience with the naked patches within the player community?
You you just even the possible answer to this question. Oh yes, I had some negative experiences with the larger players modding. Most of my rivals tend to me as indecent, idiosyncratic demon. I was by now so well known as any adult players in the Internet Forum banned. It was also my work from other pages stolen and used more users for their own pathetic, misguided and narrow-minded communities. For this reason, led a small dispute between me and one other Player to a full-page feud, which continues to this day.This very special side without any shame my Hellgate: Nacktmod stolen from my website and to work on these modifications to several other sites to distribute - without my knowledge or consent. I was so angry about this that I am my side partially closed. I was even known to me completely out of the modding scene to pull back, because I felt cheated offengesagt. Ultimately, I am only because of a surprising and impressive campaign of my followers and supporters returned.  Since then, the popularity of our site more than before ...  Which is strange, because we have no advertising for it ourselves (with the exception of a few obscure videos on YouTube).  Most people seem on word of mouth to find us, I suspect, therefore, our reputation hurries us.

PC ACTION: Do you think that games from the outset naked body should include?
If the eligible game allows the player, arms and / or the nature of his clothes removed, then yes ...  I think the character should be under the clothing naked, just as real people are. We were not born bras or panties. If you ausziehst someone, that person naked. It should thus be the same with video games behave. I like the cavalier realism better than the senseless and sexually rückgewandte censorship. We should try, sometimes resulting sexual oppression behind us, the more we progress in the new century. The past centuries, the sexual shame and guilt overwhelmed, must always come to an end. When I think of a nude modifications for a game, work, it is not only pleasant or attractive disturbing - it also represents my own personal philosophy of acceptance in respect of beautiful women and their bodies. A beautiful woman is by nature the most beautiful and perfect creation. For me, there is no such thing as Krankhafteres Beautiful before the rest of the world to hide. I hope that my modifications may help those thoughts and feelings in other freely.

PC ACTION: What is your opinion in regard to the debate, that naked body, and sex more "evil" than the Umherschießen with weapons in games?

My opinion is a very sensible: Violence and blood are angsteinflößend and destructive, sex and nudity on the other hand, are natural and beautiful aspects of the people. . Violated no nudity.  How should they ...?  These are our body. That is the way we gem Eight are. That is what we really are. Clothing is an artificial cover, which is lagging behind and hirnverbrannte people hide.  Sometimes makes me sad when I think about it.  The world would certainly be a angenehmerer place if every normal would grow up and learn that their own species and their mating behavior in such a way as it is. Sex and nudity are not only completely naturally, but also desirable and necessary to human health. To put it bluntly, we would be much better off as a species if we had more sex ...  I would like to stress that it is absolutely normal for young women, is to review on instinct, even if the so-called "feminists" the opposite is true.  A pure seduction is to be simply a natural part of the female sexual behavior and forced other for women, certain areas of the body to cover up, takes them violently their power.An extreme example would be the way in which women in certain fundamentalist and Muslim countries to be treated, in which women are forced always to their bodies and even their faces covered. There is only one real reason to treat women as it is to them in their own sexual power over the men to circumcise. Is it any wonder that in many patriarchal societies opportunities for women, their sexual power over men to exercise this advantage, trimmed? Such repression is shameful ...  I think video games are in danger, in this very patriarchal values and unhealthy verrennen.

PC ACTION: What do you prefer: small or large breasts breasts? ;)
My preference depends on the rest of the body. I think the best answer I can give is: "I prefer beautiful breasts." If I anschaue a woman, I try as a whole. Some women look wonderful with big breasts, while others work with medium or small breasts attractive. As long as her body in shape and keep healthy, I agree with everyone happy breast size.  Attractive internally and externally, as well as from head to toe, which is what a real, sexy woman run. Large breasts are great, but a beautiful bosom is only one aspect of the whole, what we call "a pretty girl".

Tessera

Quote from: Arandie on April 08, 2008, 10:47:00 AM
Between Goggle and my -bad- German, I got this:

Sweetness... the original interview (in English) is contained in the very first post in this thread:

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php/topic,53315.msg28131.html#msg28131

Thank you, though.  :)

Moraelda

April 08, 2008, 11:18:10 AM #61 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:39:25 AM by Tessera
QuoteThere is only one real reason to treat women as it is to them in their own sexual power over the men to circumcise.

*readies knife* Muahaha.

FROM Tessera: LOL... see, this is what happens when a computer tries to translate. My original statement was rather different. Funny, though.

Arandie

Quote from: Tessera on April 08, 2008, 11:09:51 AM
...the original interview (in English) is contained in the very first post in this thread:

Opps... :-[ :-X

Ducane

Quote from: Tessera on February 21, 2008, 01:43:28 PM
"Celebrity..?!"  :o

Oh hell, no. The vast majority of humans on this planet have never heard of me
and they probably never will, either. I'm just a sexaholic who draws nude girls.

Wow, I fell off my chair laughing when i read that. By the way congrats on the interview, I know it was a long time ago but better late than never. I've decided I need to move to a country where sexuality isn't such a "behind closed doors" thing, or maybe I can be patient for another 5-10 years while the US "degrades"(as most people in my state would say) haha.

Yeah I know I haven't been on in a long time... just been busy with school and health problems...

Tessera

Well... it wasn't a long time ago, really. I did the interview a few months ago, but it didn't get published until this month. Also, I think the article was stalled off for awhile... possibly because I kept refusing to sign a document granting PC Action permission to feature my mods on the DVD that is included with this issue of the magazine.

They first approached me about this article last year. Finally, they decided to settle for an interview and some hi-res screenshots of my work. In turn, I asked them to mention tessmage.com as being the only safe source for all of my mods.

So... this is current news, actually. The issue of PC Action in question is currently on the newsstands in Europe.  8)

Also... and someone can check me on this if they want to... but I think this article gives me a bit of a historical distinction (minor though it may be). Namely, I think that I may be the very first person to be interviewed in a major gaming publication, solely on the basis of the nude mods that I create. I know that a few other modders have been interviewed (or at least mentioned) on various online gaming sites in the past, but I am not aware of anyone who was featured in a printed article SOLELY because of his nude mods.

This is nice, but what it really says to me is that nude mods are beginning to become more mainstream. I hope that articles like this one likewise become more common, as the gaming community becomes more accepting of the kind of artwork that is being created by myself and other nude modders.

Tessgirl

This is awsome. Its extra awsome because I got mentioned in the article too. Not by name tho. :D

steeal

April 19, 2008, 07:23:32 AM #66 Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:41:20 AM by steeal
Quote from: Tessgirl on April 19, 2008, 07:18:18 AM
This is awsome. Its extra awsome because I got mentioned in the article too. Not by name tho. :D

I think I know...  :P

Next time Tessera mention me!  Give a shout out to your peeps yo!

Tessgirl

lol it's not a state secret or anything.  :P

steeal

Quote from: Tessgirl on April 19, 2008, 07:36:11 AM
lol it's not a state secret or anything.  :P

Aww man really?  Now I don't feel special anymore.  ;)

Tessera

I've just received a couple of copies of the printed magazine from PC Action.

It's nice to see both Raven and Polly in print. As a matter of fact, I seem to be the only
modder who got to have two screenshots published. The others only had one apiece.  ;D

<--- shamelessly beaming with pride

BELOW: the original pics that PC Action featured in their magazine.
You can see the full-sized versions by clicking on each...

Sykar

Want a translation from a native speaker Tessera? ;)
I could edit Arandie post to a coherent english version as well.

I don't buy game magazines anymore though that's why I miss such articles. :P

Jason Grimm

First off, a very late but very well-earned congrats. After all, you're work IS more than magazine quality...There might just be a published "Art of Tessera" hardback down the road  ;D  Having said that, I would like to encourage you to post some of your pastels...Like many of us, I was drooling over painted babes before the whole "digital" thing showed up...

Congrats again, and should your ever compose an art book I'll have to snag a copy...