Internet sales tax bill faces tough sell in House

Started by Cat, May 08, 2013, 05:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat

http://news.yahoo.com/internet-sales-tax-bill-faces-tough-sell-house-071331753.html
WASHINGTON (AP) — Traditional retailers and cash-strapped states face a tough sell in the House as they lobby Congress to limit tax-free shopping on the Internet.

The Senate voted 69 to 27 Monday to pass a bill that empowers states to collect sales taxes from Internet purchases. Under the bill, states could require out-of-state retailers to collect sales taxes when they sell products over the Internet, in catalogs, and through radio and TV ads. The sales taxes would be sent to the states where a shopper lives.

It passed the senate now, but this is going to really fuck with online shopping.

Tessera

Rich people want to own everything, Cat.

And these days, they want to own the internet.

This is another reason why I advocate online piracy. Wanna fight back against
the greedy rich..? Then hit them where it hurts them the most: in their wallets.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

beetle

Damn. The shipping and handling on things I want to buy online already costs more than the items I am buying in the first place in most cases.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

perez007usa

"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

tekman7d0

And they'll get away with it, because they know we'll pay it!
Many people will complain, but they will do it, because it will be more convenient to buy something with Amazon Prime and pay a tax, than to drive 10 miles stand in line, still pay the tax.

Onlyherefornudemods

Internet tax? what about them wanting to install black boxes in our cars to tax our driving?

Tessera

^^ Another jackass banned for spamming one-liners, just so he could gain access to our mods.

Leeches are not welcome here. I have made that fact quite clear, as have many of our other members.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, then do not sign up for this board.   :police:

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera