Be a HERO and Help STOP SOPA Now!!

Started by Cat, December 23, 2011, 12:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessera

Quote from: Cylnar on February 01, 2012, 12:22:58 PM
That's the whole point...corporate control and monopolization of every single thing they can put their greedy paws on. >:(

It's the age old story: the powerful people try to control the flow of information, so as to prevent the rest of us from communicating freely with one another... and possibly, organizing ourselves against them.

There has been another example of this in the news today. Let me share it with all of you:

SUBJECT LINE: BREAKING: Congress arrests anti-fracking activists

Dear friends,

This is shocking. And frankly, un-American.

Politico and the Huffington Post are reporting that this morning, House Republicans ordered Capitol Hill police to arrest Josh Fox, award-winning director of Gasland. His crime? Filming a public hearing on hydrofracking.

Let me say that again. The hearing was open to the public. But Republicans on the committee simply didn't want him there. They also turned away an ABC News crew.

This is an unambiguous violation of the First Amendment. But why? What could they be discussing that they don't want the world to know about? If fracking is so safe, there must not be any reason to hide the details, right?

Freedom of the press applies, even on Capitol Hill.

Join me in calling on Committee Chair Rep. Andy Harris to apologize, and to allow journalists to cover the hearing:

http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5377

Get the picture..? They don't want us to be an informed public. The more information we share with one another, the weaker their position becomes.

SOPA and PIPA are just what I said they are: smoke screens. Their real, underlying goal is to set the precedent of government-controlled internet communication. And once that precedent has been set, then you can bet your sweet asses that they will then extend that control into ALL areas of the internet.  

I honestly feel that these fuckers need to be killed. I am truly afraid that it is going to come down to that, eventually. Because that's what happens in a war: people get killed. And the next big war that I see looming on the horizon is going to be a CLASS WAR. It may even become global.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Ryokoryu

I know this is kinda considered old news, but i am going to say this.  This issue is not dead.  They will try again, and more than likely call it something different with different wording maybe less invasive at first, but tack on new bits in other bills to arrive at the same place.  Keep an eye on your representatives, and your congressmen.  You don't get to top offices in this country by promoting the freedom, and liberty, but rather scaring people in to believing we need new laws to control our lives.  I don't like racism or discrimination but hate crime was a bad idea.  It is the first steps into thought crime.  Gun control laws have violated our 2nd amendment rights always, but they got people used to the idea by scaring them with thoughts like "do you want felons to have guns?  they broke the law already".  In south Dakota they now deny a public defender if your income puts you over the poverty line.  Keep an eye on this, and don't assume it is gone.

Tessera

It's far from being a dead issue. It's still being debated in Congress.

Mainly, what they seem to be debating is how to suck corporate cock and
screw us all up the ass... without being thrown out of office in November.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

beetle

The new version of SOPA is CISPA. More or less.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

perez007usa

May 10, 2012, 06:44:58 PM #22 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:58:59 AM by perez007usa
I know "where" they can put that shit.  Remember this coming "NOVEMBER"
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"