Why I Think It Is GOOD To Pirate Commercial Games

Started by Tessera, August 30, 2009, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anariel

Oh, well... It would be good if they would stop shouting wihtout pause that every pirate is a 100% sure customer if there were no other choice but to pay for their crap. The problem is, they have been doing it for so much time now, they believe it themselves...

Oh well... now where can I go when EzTV can't give me my weekly dosage of TV series? At least, from time to time, I found one I really like or found entertaining...
About the games, I'm less worried. Almost all of the ones being released lately don't even deserve the effort to find, download and install a pirated copy... And I think that says everything that can be said about the gaming "industry".

Tessera

Quote from: anariel on May 17, 2010, 09:18:47 AM
Oh well... now where can I go when EzTV can't give me my weekly dosage of TV series?

Pirate Bay will be back. It will probably take a few hours to a few days before their new IP is resolved and propagated throughout the web. They've been through this bullshit once before (back in 2006) and it took them three days (if I remember correctly) to get back up and running again.

But this I know: 50 million users are more powerful than 50 Hollywood lawyers. A lot more powerful... especially when we have magnet links.

Fuck you, Hollywood. You lose... again. Now stop monopolizing the theaters and then churning out miserable, formulaic crap and MAYBE you will become winners again. Food for thought.

Establishment gonna fall down and go boom soon.  :laugh:

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Tessera

That's fine.

The government can keep stealing our money to provide unauthorized bailouts... and We The People
can keep stealing it right back from these corporate clowns, by pirating the living mortal shit out of
their monopolized, formulaic, mediocre-by-design products.

Works for me. Bad laws were made to be broken. And when the laws no longer protect the majority
of the people, but instead only seem to serve the interests of a small percentage of greedy parasites
living in ivory towers at all of our expense, then that's what I call a bad law.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to describe a certain color to someone who has always been blind.  ~ Tessera

Cat

Quote from: Tessera on May 17, 2010, 01:28:22 PM
That's fine.

The government can keep stealing our money to provide unauthorized bailouts... and We The People
can keep stealing it right back from these corporate clowns, by pirating the living mortal shit out of
their monopolized, formulaic, mediocre-by-design products.

Works for me. Bad laws were made to be broken. And when the laws no longer protect the majority
of the people, but instead only seem to serve the interests of a small percentage of greedy parasites
living in ivory towers at all of our expense, then that's what I call a bad law.

And they can only gives so much money till the economy collapses.

perez007usa

What!!?? economy. They are playing the same game, but now they are using our money instead!
"The Two most important days in your life are, the day you were born and the day you found out, WHY" -Mark Twain"

Tessera

LOL...

http://thepiratebay.org/

Hollywood's shuysters probably spent two years preparing a case against Pirate Bay.
And it took TPB all of two days to get back online. Fucking hilarious.

And they posted a quirky little message on their entry page.

I love it.  :laugh:

Cylnar

Quote from: Tessera on May 18, 2010, 06:48:19 PM
And they posted a quirky little message on their entry page.

I love it.  :laugh:

Though I bet you didn't like the accompanying photo, being a cat hater and all. :P
Stupidity is self-perpetuating and self-propagating. Genius must constantly be exercised to flourish.
Religion is the wool that's been pulled over our eyes to turn us into sheep.
"Behind every great fortune is a great crime." -- Honoré de Balzac
Wise up...rise up!

anariel

Cylnar, Internet cats are not really cats, the same way computer mouses don't eat cheese. And lolcat is a very good way to ridiculize them XDDDD

Tessera

Keep stealing their software via Pirate Bay and elsewhere as a way of punishing the software industry... and then maybe their wallets will start hurting enough for them to actually start responding to the rampant problems within their companies and their products. Power to the people... and pain for greedy, bloated and uncaring corporations. If profits are all that they care about, then that's the best place for consumers to attack them in retaliation. Chew away at their profits... terrify their stockholders... scare away potential new investors... and their pitiful house of cards will come crashing to the ground.

As for the legalities..? Fuck 'em. Where are the laws protecting all of -us- from being exploited and bled dry by forced consumerism, planned obsolescence, false and misleading advertising, inferior and broken software, draconian DRM schemes, products unfit for their stated purpose, and so on..? And hey... good luck putting all 500 million of us in jail (that's the best estimate of how many people worldwide have pirated software at least once during the past ten years). Let us know when you get finished building all of those new prisons to hold us, okay..? And good luck paying for them, too.

Fight back against big business, people. Don't just let them suck you dry and think that you have no power to stop it. Yes you do... in sheer numbers. Believe it -- because it is the truth.

nathanwk

another thing to point out about company greed (i flipped through the thread so i'm not sure if it was mentioned) but buying dlc for a game when its obviously already installed with the original (or vanilla version) of the game, for example i bought the vs gameplay for resident evil 5 for ps3, the download was only 100kb, how is that ethical to bleed your customers for extra money to get content thats already on the disk

Tarbos

Ratcatcher

Quote from: Tarbos on March 17, 2011, 04:17:40 AMThat's why I love abandonware so much :D
Quite a few Abandonware games are still better than whats churned out these days.
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tarbos

I think quite a LOT of old games are far better than new "games". For example old dungeons like Realms of Arkania Trilogy, Ambermoon, or Black Crypt have higher replayability than all recent RPGs together (with exception of Witcher, VtM:R and VtM:B)...

Schu

Hey all, here is a link to an article that I think could apply to this discussion, this is an article by PC Gamer with Christofer Sundberg

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/25/just-cause-boss-says-hiring-hackers-and-better-games-will-beat-pc-piracy/

I can only hope that he will put his money where his mouth is and not just be saying what he thinks we as PC gamers want to hear. Make it and we will pay it to play it...if not then shut the fuck up and dont make statements you wont back-up.
It's never the Liquor, it's just your brain rejecting reality.

Ratcatcher

Quote from: Schu on March 26, 2011, 06:55:00 PM...and better games...
Well, duh!

And in the same vein, Ubisoft got caught with its pants down, again.

"Ubisoft have just made yet another piracy related screw up. Hot on the heels of their earlier usage of a warez crack to fix Rainbox 6: Vegas 2, the publisher is now accused of downloading their own soundtrack from Demonoid, re-encoding it to a lower quality and selling it to the public."
I may not be perfect but i am myself.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
God = Guns, Oil, Drugs.

Tessera

Quote from: PC GamesBetter PC games and a better relationship with hackers are the key to fighting piracy, according to Christofer Sundberg, the boss of Just Cause creators

Or to put it more simply: stop ripping off the public with shitty products at a premium price.

And then maybe, we will stop retaliating... by ripping off YOU, dumbass.

::)

Personally, I would actually be happier to see their entire industry come crashing to the ground.
They've earned it... in spades. So has the music industry. And so has Hollywood. Now eat it.